It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits target in Syria border area

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Israeli forces have attacked a target on the Syrian-Lebanese border overnight, a western diplomat and a security source said on Wednesday, at a time of growing concern in the Jewish state over the fate of Syrian chemical and conventional weapons.

Earlier, the Lebanese army reported a heavy presence of Israeli jets over its territory throughout the night.

- Source

this seems to be heating up right now, especially since Israel just deployed Iron Dome Batteries to the north of Israel, some reports say one, some even say up to three. This night Israeli fighter jets penetrated Lebanese air space, contradictory reports on how many it really were.

So I wonder, what will happen next? Will this turn into a war?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Hardly think so.
As usual, it will be some bickering and then back to "normal" stupidity from all involved sides.
And as usual the common people will be the ones taking damage from this.
edit on 30-1-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I wonder what prompted Israel to commit to a preemptive strike.Any escalation of conflict in the area could lead the world down a very dark road.No good can come this!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Updates via Twitter:

Western source says Israeli forces attacked a target on Syrian Lebanon border as tensions regarding Syrian chemical weapons increase.

Reuters quotes western diplomatic security source commenting on air force attack, saying it was definitely a hit. No comment from Israel

Washington sources report #IDF Chief of Intelligence has been in the Pentagon since Tuesday, meeting with US Chairman of Joints Chiefs

The Washington based Al-Monitor quoting #Lebanese sources say #Arabicmediareview #IAF targeted weapons convoy along Lebanon #Syrian border

#Lebanese media reports #IAF strike overnight was directed at a weapons convoy traveling along Syrian Lebanese border. No Israeli confirm

#Walla TV reported moments ago that the attack occurred on Syrian soil, not #Lebanon.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This seems more of an attempt to bait Hezbollah into doing something stupid then an attack over fear of weapons being aquired by Hezbollah. Israel violates Lebanese airspace on an almost daily basis as they know the Lebanese do not have the will to try and shoot them down. It is of course a violation of International Law which Israel flaunts with impunity.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think I'm going to lose a lot of sleep tonight.An Israeli airstrike in Syrian territory constitutes an act of war.If Syria launches a counterattack things will get ugly really fast.This makes my stomach churn.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

Israel done it a few months back also. As much as I disagree with them attacking any target in Syria, I don't think anything will come of this.
edit on 30-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I wonder what the IAF attacked.. Hezbollah? Syrian Arab Army? Rebels?

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by TheWetCoast

Israel done it a few months back also. As much as I disagree with them attacking any target in Syria, I don't think anything will come of this.
edit on 30-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

well, last time it was a reaction to an artillery shell which landed in the Golan Heights, this time it's an attack by the Israeli Air Force, after they announced they could start a preventive strike and placed Iron Dome Batteries in Northern Israel, different stakes this time imo
edit on 30-1-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Israel's Vice Premier Silvan Shalom said on Sunday that any sign that Syria's grip on its chemical weapons was slipping, as President Bashar al-Assad fights rebels trying to overthrow him, could trigger Israeli intervention.

Now let me say this the Israeli government does not have the best interest for its people and they are constantly trying to trigger a wide scale war.
I think the Russians will not accept that and i belief they made it very clear that they will protect there interests ( Oil,Gas,Arms and so fort )

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is definitely the most serious development to occur in the region.Hopefully this will not lead to a wider conflict but it does seem like this could be the start of something major.I don't think that Israel would commit itself to this course of action unless the target(s) in question had some sort of military/strategic value to Syria or posed a direct threat to Israel itself.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Isreal is watching this conflict closely ,imo this was a legitimate strike on a arms delivery to or from Syria

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Isreal is watching this conflict closely ,imo this was a legitimate strike on a arms delivery to or from Syria

How is it legitimate? Bombing another country is an act of war regardless of your displeasure with a weapons shipment.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhySoBlinded
Israel's Vice Premier Silvan Shalom said on Sunday that any sign that Syria's grip on its chemical weapons was slipping, as President Bashar al-Assad fights rebels trying to overthrow him, could trigger Israeli intervention.

Now let me say this the Israeli government does not have the best interest for its people and they are constantly trying to trigger a wide scale war.
I think the Russians will not accept that and i belief they made it very clear that they will protect there interests ( Oil,Gas,Arms and so fort )

The Russain will not because because they do not have the ability to defend Syria.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was thinking Israel would survive for many more years ahead, but I am convinced with luck that they will be wiped off the map within a few weeks now, I am glad they have decided to give a reason everyone who hate them to do the job that most seem to have been waiting for.
Iran, Russia, China have no reason to allow Israel to have Nuclear weapons now, so WW3 is closer, and Israel have blown every chance of keeping out of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So...Israel launched an airstrike on a convoy near the Lebanese border,or it launched an airstrike on a research facility/arms depot near Damascus,or Israel launched an airstrike on a convoy near the Lebanese border and an airstrike on a research facility/arms depot.Both reports seem to be confirmed at this time.Is this the beginning of an all out war in the region?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I believe that it was rockets being shipped to Hezbollah.

The convoy was carrying Russian made SA-17 anti aircraft missiles.

Of course, no one will confirm or deny this.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I was thinking Israel would survive for many more years ahead, but I am convinced with luck that they will be wiped off the map within a few weeks now, I am glad they have decided to give a reason everyone who hate them to do the job that most seem to have been waiting for.
Iran, Russia, China have no reason to allow Israel to have Nuclear weapons now, so WW3 is closer, and Israel have blown every chance of keeping out of it.

Gotta love ignorance.
You probably hate Israel because they are intolerant war mongers........what are you?

Every country in this area of the world is ruled by nut jobs. The people are ruled by fear and it shows. They are either to weak of mind to see the truth or they like to live in fear everyday. I say the rest of the world should just leave them all alone and let them sort it out.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well lets see, first this shows how chicken pooh and full of hot air Iran is in defending their buddy Syria. They had promised to defend Syria lol.

Second, Israel can hit whomever they want if they feel they will be threatened buy them. Israel has been acting with restraint given what they have gone through for the last 60 years.

If the crazy Islamic whack jobs would stop attacking Israel and threatening them on a daily basis then Israel would leave them alone. Its not to hard to figure out. The world should be thankful they have choose to strike these weapons when needed so Israel could avoid a massive invasion by all the Arabs for the most part. An Arab invasion today even with Russia or China involved would cause Israel to nuke the hell out of them for self preservation.

Oh and I have a nice old book that just happens to say it will happen one day and Israel will win that fight.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWetCoast
So...Israel launched an airstrike on a convoy near the Lebanese border,or it launched an airstrike on a research facility/arms depot near Damascus,or Israel launched an airstrike on a convoy near the Lebanese border and an airstrike on a research facility/arms depot.Both reports seem to be confirmed at this time.Is this the beginning of an all out war in the region?

Only if Assad or Iran tries to hit back. If they do then Israel will take the gloves off and you will watch a biblical ass whoopin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join