It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Billboards Blame Bush For Hurricanes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I knew it !

It was just a matter of time! Hell Mt St. Helens is his fault, as are the earthquakes in Japan!

This is so funny!

Florida Billboards Blame Bush for Hurricanes
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
October 26, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - Because President George W. Bush has "ignored the threat of global warming," Floridians can expect to be hit by increasingly destructive hurricanes, a new billboard campaign says.

The billboards, going up along Interstate 4 between Tampa and Orlando -- a week before the presidential election -- read, "Global warming equals worse hurricanes. George Bush just doesn't get it." The billboards show a photo of a hurricane swirling toward Florida.

NOTE : It was GW Bushs's fault in the 60's when all of them hit also. Well he was alive at the time.

www.cnsnews.com.../Culture/archive/200410/CUL20041026a.html

[edit on 28-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah, those NASA guys sure are idiots, huh?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I knew it !

Now your catching on edsinger
Glad to see you changing your mind about him

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is interesting. I heard before that GW Bush was the most powerful man in the world. If he is causing the hurricanes in Florida, he may also be in control of other forces around the world. Maybe the people in Florida should start building churches to worship Bush now. I mean he does seem to be the most powerful entity affecting the state of Florida if he can send hurricanes to them. This is truly amazing news. Everyone may need to start praying to the Bush god that he will spare them his wrath. If Bush is sending this many hurricanes to Florida for being undecided, it will be a total disaster in Florida next year if they don't want to play nice with their new god. This is a truly amazing feat of power. Is Bush the god of Florida? It may be so to some in Florida.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Like I said it was Bush's fault for the Hurricanes in the 60's , hell why you were at it, blame him for the last ice age......

Prescott puts his foot in Global Warming
Deputy Prime Minister joins sidekick John Reid in Spouting Nonsense

Just as the ABD was drawing your attention to the incorrect statements about air quality and asthma attributed to Transport Minister John Reid, it transpires his boss John Prescott is at it, too. The Independent on 27 October carried the following on the subject of Global Warming:

Doing nothing, Mr Prescott said, was not an option. "The science is clear and the evidence is no longer challenged," he said. "1998 looks to be the world's warmest year on record, and this year's El Nino was the worst on record."
"We can hardly believe this," said ABD Chairman Brian Gregory, shaking his head. "Mr Prescott is far from stupid and has nothing but grief to gain from his support for Global Warming Theory. We can only assume that he is so busy running his huge department that it is easy for the huge raft of evidence against this very convenient (for the environmentalists) theory to be kept from him."
To suggest that Global Warming "science is clear" is absurd, but to go on to say that "no-one challenges the evidence any more" is simply untrue. Here is just a flavour of the groups and arguments ranged against the idea that man's activity is catastrophically warming the planet:
www.abd.org.uk...

Pro Global Warming....
The Global Warming Debate
www.giss.nasa.gov...
www.giss.nasa.gov...

[edit on 28-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Edsinger, you dont have to take it so seriously...

They never blamed bush at all, they blame global warming for it... which is a valid argument... Global warming causes drastic climate changes and extreme weather... here in Aus we're experiencing a really bad drought due to Irregularities in el nino... the irregularities are thought to be caused by global warming...

What the billboard is blaming bush for is not doing anything to help the world address the global warming issue. The whole economy over environment attitude is only going to make the world a really #ty place to live...

So in conclusion, bush didnt cause the hurricanes, he's just not doing anything to prevent them from happenig again...

You really do see things very very one sided dont you ed... i suppose thats how a paid Republican propaganda expert should see things

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Texas and Florida get hit with about 76 percent of all major hurricanes on average here in the US. The fact that Florida got a bad year in this year only makes up for the law of averages. They had it easy for awhile before this year. The fact that someone is trying to blame Bush in any respect for an unusual number of hurricanes hitting Florida is getting very political I would say. I'm surprised someone isn't blaming the democratic party for 9-11 now since they allowed all the terrorists to live and train here for over 2 years before 9-11 when Clinton was president.

I guess global warming wasn't much of an issue for the democratic party either. I don't remember Clinton doing much of anything about it when he was president.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Edsinger, you dont have to take it so seriously...

So in conclusion, bush didnt cause the hurricanes, he's just not doing anything to prevent them from happenig again...

You really do see things very very one sided dont you ed... i suppose thats how a paid Republican propaganda expert should see things

I dont see the laughs!

I know that and I stated that the 60's had the same hurricane probs so I blamed him for it also

As for being paid, I havent got the first check

>>>> runs out and looks in the mailbox for the phantom check.

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I guess global warming wasn't much of an issue for the democratic party either. I don't remember Clinton doing much of anything about it when he was president.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Clinton was a good guy!

Look in all fairness Clinton did try alot more than I gave him credit for, he was just bound by his poll standings and that inhibited his reach. He did try though. He treated it as a law enforcement issue, not a military one and now that we have a president that does treat it with the right attitude, look at how the left cries and whines and yes hurts the troops morale by their bias.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have always said, when St. Helens erupts Bush will be to blame!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

look at how the left cries and whines and yes hurts the troops morale by their bias.

That's funny, when Bush was the one responsible for sending them out there in the first place...

Like he gives 2 sh*ts about the troops...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Like he gives 2 sh*ts about the troops...

And Kerry would? Just like in 1972 huh?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's the year 2004, time to move on...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
It's the year 2004, time to move on...

I dont think so.......he did it once.....he would do it again.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Why is this news? Of course Bush is to blame for the hurricanes. It was a political scheme that backfired on him.

True fact: Earlier this year, an Iraqi graduate student shot and killed his professor because he had received a bad grade. Bush was immediately blamed for that, as he should have been. I thought that that was the height of lunacy; it seems I was wrong.

Dunkin Donuts stopped selling their Berry Berry bagels. I loved Berry Berry bagels. I know that Bush is behind this, too.

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join