Arrival is bliss after a long journey.

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm wondering whether there are others who have a sense of having arrived.

I have arrived at a place in life where I'm no longer looking for anything. I'm happy just to live now with what I know and have. Sure, I will continue to learn but only what fits in with what I needed to learn to get to where I have arrived at.

There were no short-cuts getting here. I took the risks, made sacrifices, burnt bridges and leapt an abyss while hacking a path through a jungle of information, so there are no worries of sliding back into what I left behind.

I haven't closed my mind to other minds that don't share this place with me but I have no desire to pull down the tent, so to speak, and move to another campsite. This is where I want to be.

I'm not a religious person but I do recognize God. Back when I was still seeking,God showed me Eden. It was just a flash, not even a full blink yet I had enough of a glimpse to see how achingly beautiful Eden is. The shock came when I realized that Eden is empty. There is not one soul living in Eden, it stands empty - waiting.

There is only one reason I would pull down the tent and that would be to move on to Eden.

Devout religious types would have that sense, that satisfaction, of having arrived too, I suppose. Not the ones who haven't fully committed themselves though, they would still be looking for their place of inner peace,

But what about the atheists?
How could an atheist ever arrive anywhere? Except perhaps to a cold, lightless, place where nothing exists beyond itself. Br r r r r r .....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Pretty fascinating Shema, can you describe what you saw in the garden?

I am real curious about how you knew that it was Eden.

I was once given a supernatural experience when I was given instantaneous knowledge years ago.

Also your experience reminds me of Dennis Walker's encounter with a garden in Heaven.

I am curious if it is also similar to yours...

How about if God gave every believer a garden in heaven? What if this garden in heaven has an impact on your life here on earth?

We have all heard about the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve lived and encountered God before their fall. Is it possible that all believers, restored to relationship with God through the cross, also have a garden? Could there be a garden that God has created just so we can each meet with Him there, face to face? Dennis Walker of Dunamis Ministries joins Patricia King to discuss this interesting topic and share an encounter he recently had with God. As Dennis reveals what the Lord shared with him about what is available to all believers in the heavenly realm, you will not only be astounded, but you may well be launched into visions and visitations of your own!

Tending Your Garden in Heaven

Dennis Walker - The tent experience

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

It was a very personal and moving experience, Murgatroid. I felt that God wanted to show me something specific to myself.
What is Eden like? How could I possibly describe it. I can't. Picture the most beautiful Nature scene you have ever cast you eyes over then magnify it 100 times. Even that wont do it justice.
It is so achingly beautiful it tore at my heart and I felt a deep sense of something lost. Then came the shock in realizing that Eden is empty and I think I also sensed God's own sadness. I believe the message that God wanted to impact upon me is that Eden, for all its promise, is empty. Its not something I'll ever forget or really get over.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

How could an atheist ever arrive anywhere? Except perhaps to a cold, lightless, place where nothing exists beyond itself. Br r r r r r .....

The atheist arrives to the conclusion that anyone who experiences gardens, or places full of light, does so in the imaginative parts of their mind. Now, who is right and who is wrong is uncertain, but since we know that imagination, imagery, dreams and other 'visions' happen in the mind, I think it's safe to conclude that the atheist arrives with the most solid footing.

If truth and honesty is cold and lightless, then you will always find me in the frozen dark.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

The atheist arrives to the conclusion that anyone who experiences gardens, or places full of light, does so in the imaginative parts of their mind. Now, who is right and who is wrong is uncertain, but since we know that imagination, imagery, dreams and other 'visions' happen in the mind, I think it's safe to conclude that the atheist arrives with the most solid footing.

If truth and honesty is cold and lightless, then you will always find me in the frozen dark.

I don't believe you for a moment. Interesting reaction, though, to my thread. I thought I might quote the final paragraph from one of your own threads:

'Of course if suicide sounds absurd—which in my opinion it is—why not consider a healthy alternative? Enjoy life, enjoy your body, enjoy your ideas, memories and experiences. Hone them, embrace them, utilize them. When we destroy these, we also destroy ourselves. Put value on this world rather than the next. Trust yourself. There are real things here that need to be valued and respected. If you negate the physical, you also negate the spiritual. The only prison you’re stuck within is the prison you create for yourself in your thoughts. First, maybe, try to release yourself from that before doing anything too drastic'

The spiritual? since when does a self confessed atheist recognize a spiritual side of life? And who are you anyway to exhort others on how to live?

Thanks for intimating that there is no truth and honesty in my thread. You are one messed up hombre IMHO.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Sounds like you have arrived, congratulations.Maybe that the empty Eden is just empty of egos! not sure but for some reason I had to say something. stay well.

new topics
top topics

join