It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean's resorting to CANIBALISM as China backs the North's Communist Party but not starving

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Reports have come in stating that North Koreans who are starving to a great extent have resorted to Canibalism.

One report of a Father who killed his Daughter and Son and placed them in the cooking pot has been verified and there are hundreds more of such reported horrors.

China has done little as North Korea's main supporter to supply Food Aid and one has to ponder if China has had enough of the North's behavior and desires the North's leadership to fall.

Anytime that the citizens of a country are placed in such a dire state...is the time when such citizens will rise up against their government. Now the North has a very strong hold of power over the people but given this level of starvation...I believe it is enough to tilt the people to take control.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Any sources for this report? Seems a very dramatic step!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

I had heard about it a few weeks back from a...friend...but it is now being covered by all news services. All you have to do is run a search on Canibalism in North Korea and you will be able to get many sources.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that the U.S. has several times provided Food Aid for North Korea as the North had agreed to terminate it's Nuclear Program.

Still the North has broken every treaty and not followed through with it's agreements.

Some people have blamed the U.S. for this starvation but it is CHINA this is to blame as China is a ststed partner to the North.

China certainly has the food and wealth to supply Food Aid to North Korea but yet it is not doing so. I find that very compelling.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Daes

www.nydailynews.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

Google it.. many links.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yes...there are many links.

North Korea has just been forced to accept this reality and is not only admitting it is happening but has just announced it will accept Food Aid from South Korea.

For the North to admit to Canabalism as well as accept Food from the South just shows how dire starvation is in that country.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm just curious here...but I have noticed a sudden rush of bad news from the likely to the laughably outlandish regarding North Korea.

Who is planning to attack them and for what? This looks like a media campaign to prepare the public to hate them all enough for justification on something to come.

I'm not saying Kim doesn't deserve some real BAD karma in his life ..or the end of it, for that matter. However, no one in the world has the guts to just kill him. It'll be 10's of thousands of the same people we're all supposed to feel so bad about, we're okay with war. At least that's how it's gone in a few nations recently.

So..what gives with the sudden onslaught of stories across the board for generating new waves of hate on the DPRK? (Not that they really needed new reasons to hate them...lol They do fine without assistance I think)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It has also been reported that the very few Foregners that are curreently in North Korea have witnessed angry protests in the form of riots at food distrabution centers that have opened without any food to distribute.

It was said that the opening and the long lines outside were just a show for Foregners to believe that such centers were distributing food when they were not.

For open rioting and protests to be seen in North Korea is a sign how desperate the people are as this NEVER happens in this country as such things would be crushed by the Government and Military Police Force.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well this has been going on for years.
I'll try and find the documentary I watched about a woman who had escaped from a prison camp where she said it was something to eat their own children. I recall her saying that people would sometimes have kids in those camps purely to 'farm' them.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This topic is not about Hate...it is about Pity.

Can anyone here imagine just how desperate a person would have to be to kill their own children and cook and eat them?

This is a horror beyond belief and I believe this is a tipping point for North Korea.

Food distrabution ceters were said to open without having any food and this is no longer a question of shortages...this is now people starving and only being able to survive though canibalism.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Yes...such reports have surfaced before anout North Korea but it is said that this time such canibalism is WIDE spread. As I said...this is a Horror.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
There is not a single shred of evidence to support anything you have said.

More hate messages so we hate the right group. When is your next hate session on Iran?

Typical

P

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
There is not a single shred of evidence to support anything you have said.

More hate messages so we hate the right group. When is your next hate session on Iran?

Typical

P

Well then tell that to North Korea that has just publically admitted to this problem and at the same time stated because of it they would accept Food Aid from South Korea.

Are your beliefs so governing you as to the point you will not even admit to something existing that the people who are effected by this have admitted to the world it exists?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Already several threads on this.

I'll say what I said in the last one; in the seventies, they used to say the same thing about Russians. Judging by the population, I don't think any of it was true.

As others have stated, this is clear manipulation of opinion. I'm still amazed some people actually believe that a parent will kill his children to eat them. Reality check. Don't blindly accept what they tell you because it suits you. Think.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

It does not suit me in any way.

As I have stated...and you can check this out yourself...North Korean spokesmen have publically admitted to the Canabalism problem. They are accepting Food Aid from South Korea.

I just learned that China offered Rice and Noodles and was turned down by the North which counter offered asking for Rice and Concrete.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've heard about this for years, its nothing new. Apparently sausages are the ticket item because its easier to hide
what it came from in them. Also there are execution squads that shoot cannibals all the time simply because these people go through sporadic famine. I've read a little bit about cannabalism so far and there was one bush ranger in australia basically a convict outlaw who kept eating the men in his escape parties from prison and when he was hung he said that no man can say what he will do untill he is dying from hunger and when asked what people taste like he said that it was much better than fish or pork, apparently were pretty damn tasty.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Yes...it has been reported to have been going on for years in North Korea...but NEVER to the wide extent that it is now.

We are talking about widespread starvation at a dire level going on in the North and it's leaderships unwillingness to feed the people as it spends it's money on weapons.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It was just reported that North Korea's refusal of Cinese Food Aid as the North asked for Concrete instead...has really pissed of China.

China has issued a condemning statement about the North's refusal and this does not happen often. It would appear that China has had enough of North Korean antics and this incedent may create a rift between the two Communist Countries.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I do not think people should be shocked by this, considering that we have known how bad things have been in North Korea for a long time now, and cannibalism as a last resort is understandable. I would be willing to bet that this has been going on for a very long time, possibly intermittently as food availability varies...and I imagine that for some it does vary, based on their access to foreign aid, and with so many people this foreign aid is probably distributed to various regions at different times. But then again, knowing their government's past behavior, the people outside of Pyongyang might not get anything.

It has been said before that the capital city is the only place in NK that resembles a modern city in many respects, and one must be 'allowed' to live there, Most people there are military or government officials, and other people like that, and I wouldn't be surprised if much of the food aid is used by these people...who are already living much more comfortably than the rest of the country by a long shot.

Even though China is not a democracy, they do not seem to be as bad towards the citizenry as North Korea's government, and I have long wondered why China supports NK while such atrocities are happening in that country. But thinking about the situation brings me to the realization that NK gives China much more military power and security than they would have on their own. So what I'm thinking is this:

What if China is thinking long-term? What if they tolerate North Korea simply because they wish to have them as allies when they launch their attack on the west? I think it is possible at least, and even though most thought China would never do such a thing, their recent behavior and actions says the exact opposite. They probably feel that they have been second to western countries, especially the US, for too long, and want to secure the spot as the most powerful country in the world. And I really think that they would be an imperialistic nation if there were not such formidable powers that would oppose them at this point in time. So if they could squash the US, and maybe a couple more of America's allies, I see them taking over much of Asia, and moving on from there.

I do not know if they would attempt to colonize the US, but they might plan to do that before launching an offensive against other countries, which makes sense considering that it is important to secure newly won territory instead of ignoring it and opening a front somewhere else, which would allow another country to swoop in and take over the newly won territory, establishing defensive positions that would have to be conquered all over again. This is highly speculative at present, but I am thinking of the future, and I think that China likely has an ambitious, and bloody, plan that we will see launched in time.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
It was just reported that North Korea's refusal of Cinese Food Aid as the North asked for Concrete instead...has really pissed of China.

China has issued a condemning statement about the North's refusal and this does not happen often. It would appear that China has had enough of North Korean antics and this incedent may create a rift between the two Communist Countries.

Split Infinity

You know I respect your posts and your efforts at due diligence to everything you speak of. A good part of it, I get the impression you've lived as much as read or heard about. Just a hunch there....and outside this specific topic but still relevant for world experience and perspective.

Now, having said that to separate this from a troll just tossing stones for amusement...

The allegations emerging at this point are of a level nations could justify initiating military action in this day and age for cases made to their various populations. War in Asia never seems to go well and usually goes horrible bad by Western standards of loss and warfare.

Given that further context to put this in.....are we sure any of these reports are trustworthy at the source level? Specifically where China is concerned, we're dealing with the Asians and that isn't meant as anything negative. Quite the opposite. Where Washington plays checkers, they mastered chess a thousand years before our nation existed on a map. This almost feels too pat and too perfect for timing in relation to everything else happening in the East Asia region and the world as a whole. What timing indeed.....

Are we sure we aren't all being led by the nose into a place we find we don't want to be and can't get back out of once there?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join