It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Have Accesss To The Internet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

It sounds like they saw Madonna wearing sunglasses.

She was probably jamming out with her cool iPod.
Next time take a pic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
How about just for fun?

We could be a big toy to them....if they are as sick as humanity, just imagine the fun they could have?

Ummm....kinda reminds me of that Stephen King book, "Under The Dome" It's not a nice thought if you consider that we could exist.....in the bell jar.

I really dont think they would bother to make such a trip for resources when they could just scoop them from a nebula. So yes, I think your right....it's definitly the entertainment factor....

YouSir

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

That was a GREAT post 86. I do not know what is more mind boggling. That there are that many planets out there or that someone would actually wonder why aliens would want to visit Earth. Maybe they think aliens can't swim.

It works both ways.
If they had never seen a water planet then of course they would want to visit it.
If they had already seen a water planet then of course they would want to visit it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
maybe they're watching bashar on youtube and having a good laugh and getting annoyed at the same time

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Aliens probably invented the Internet. That would certainly go a long way towards explaining Al Gore

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup86

Originally posted by Hefficide

Well I have always wondered why aliens would possibly want to visit Earth in the first place. I suppose that dirty pictures and pirated music make more sense than water or gold.

~Heff

This just prooves that the avarage person doesnt even come close to comprehend how advanced any alien civilisation must be compared to us. Projecting human needs on aliens just to try to get a grip is so narrow minded.

The universe is roughly 13,700,000,000 years old (what is behind the universe, what was there before the big bang), our civilisation is maybe 40,000 years old. The estimation is that there are millions of galaxies with millions of planets, adding up to trillions of planets in total and we're just one of those planets. (I heard there are more planets than grains of sand on our planet.

If you can comprehend those figures, which noone really can, you understand that there might be a few 1000 civilisations or even more and a part of those can be a 1000 times smarter then us. And compared to aliens the chances are huge they are 1000s of times smarter and more advanced than us, so they've probably developed different needs and interests as well. We simply can not even come close to know what their interests really are; even the idea that they have the same dimensions and thinking patterns is just rather foolish.

But if you really want to think that way; then why are we investigating regular animals, not even that; we've spent millions of dollars investigating just regular animals. Imagine what we would be doing if we discovered an alien civilisation.

And to take this further, the internet or www that we know of today is barely 20yrs old, it may not even around in 50 years..so 'they' might not even give a sh1t about it. Surely if they have mastered intersteller travel snooping on our internet will be of no interest to them, its just ones and zeros, our planets resources is what they would want.

However, if intersteller travel is beyond them maybe they can do intersteller communication, some people think spam is alien intelligence trying to communicate with us...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJoyZ
reply to post by Hefficide

Dude, Gold makes plenty of sense. We've done all the hard work mining and refining it. It never falls apart, rusts, or decays, its perfect for space fairing electronics. That's why we use it in our space fairing electronics. But if you need to build a freaking aircraft carrier for interstellar travel, you're gonna need a lot more gold than a satellite would have. If your going to build a fleet of massive spaceships your going to need LOTS of gold.

You will get far more gold off some passing asteroid than you will from earth.
Space gold!
Space is littered with resources..so much it makes our puny monkeybrains spin..and that's just in our neighborhood. Refining gold is also incredibly easy (you can refine gold in your garage with household items)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by NJoyZ

Beings from other planets very well could be hacking and listening in on us etc. and/or posing as a human and getting information that way...

However; I just have to wonder...why would they want to?

well i know if we could do the same to another civilisation we would be listening in, just because you can

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But you’re out of date by thousands of years. You are talking about today’s gold quota, not how much gold was around 200,000 years ago when they were mining it. And why do you think there is more gold on an asteroid than on Earth…

that’s right, because they already mined it off.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ & YouSir

There's a thing called mass spectrometry which can be used to see how much gold is in anything that reflects light to us, especially helpful for determining the contents of nebula's. THERE ARE NO NEBULA'S IN ALL THE ONES WE HAVE EVER SEEN WHICH ARE LOADED WITH GOLD, it's rare metal even out there, yes when supernovas happen it is create IN SMALL QUANTITIES and scattered as individual atoms among all the other elements which have much higher quantities. The gold doesn't come together until gravity starts creating a planet then it sort of ends up fairly near other gold particles, but basically its planetary form is the most coalesced form of it your likely to find.

A very good place to start is here (www.webelements.com...). This graph shows the abundance of all of the elements in the universe by mass... note that the vertical axis is in orders of magnitude. As you can see, gold (like most heavy elements) is not that common in the 'verse: only about 0.6 grams for every billion grams of stuff (www.webelements.com...). I am assuming (possibly incorrectly) that these figures do take dark matter into account. The data also says that, across the universe, you'll only find one gold atom out of 250 billion atoms. Not a good way to make a quick buck.

To inject a factoid in this discussion, I heard a Jeopardy question a few weeks ago that asserted that all the gold ever mined from the Earth would make a cube 50 feet by 50 feet by 50 feet. Hijack territory but what the heck........The figure I've always seen quoted is 60' x 60' x 60'. I've spent some time studying gold. I've seen this in every piece of information I've gotten (broker's reports, mining reports, I think even a US Treasury report too), but annoyingly can't find them.

Imagine one day when we are so smart and advances that we can live in peace and cruise the stars, but ALAS!! THEY HAVE TAKEN ALL OUR GOLD. There wont be enough for us each to have our own residential space-fairing vehicle! THAT IS ONLY OUR UNIVERSE GIVEN RIGHT IF WE FIGHT TO KEEP OUR GOLD ---AND WIN.:

I read was that if we mined the ocean floor, we could get enough gold to give every person on Earth 6 pounds of the stuff. I believe that came from Time Magazine.

and dude, BigfootNZ, DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BASICS OF STELLAR AND PLANETARY FORMATIONS? Try opening a book that doesn't say "comic book" on it some time! Jeez
edit on 31-1-2013 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Dude, Gold makes plenty of sense. We've done all the hard work mining and refining it. It never falls apart, rusts, or decays, its perfect for space fairing electronics. That's why we use it in our space fairing electronics. But if you need to build a freaking aircraft carrier for interstellar travel, you're gonna need a lot more gold than a satellite would have. If your going to build a fleet of massive spaceships your going to need LOTS of gold.

Space gold!
Space is littered with resources..so much it makes our puny monkeybrains spin..and that's just in our neighborhood. Refining gold is also incredibly easy (you can refine gold in your garage with household items)

I agree, but does is it harder to mine an asteroid your self, or harder to have some other race of suckers do it for you? Now I do not in any way mean to associate African American slaves with suckers, they are not, they're very intelligent; but when there were slaves in America, it was because it was easier to have someone else do the digging and farming and the cotton picking. And "the best kind of slaves, are the ones who don't know that they are enslaved.". So, we mine the asteroid, and get say 5-20% so that our worldly goods reflect that, then we give the rest to the aliens so that they don't kill us and eat us --we are meat after all

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Good point. Unless it has something to do with the radius of the earth from the central point of gravitation in solar-system formation. But still, good point. I've heard it said that the 200,000 year old South African gold mines had more in them than anyplace on earth, where did it go?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VigilantGirl

They can destroy a lap top in a nanosecond.
No restore, no nothing.
It's done.
Taking out cell phones - easy.
Hard line phones? Not so easy but they can inject static making it difficult to hear or be heard on those phones.

If you are targeted for contact separating you from everyone else in your life quickly expedites their routine.
They aren't interested in unnecessary, personal delays which only get in the way of their agenda.
Seems efficient enough.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Okay.. lets say aliens did have a form of internet. Since they have perfected space travel to far off planets then we can speculate that whatever they class as "internet" is al ot better than the 50meg garbage we have here on earth. Also how would they connect to our world wide web without our own equipment... Did they abduct an ISP worker to install broadband on the mothership.. i find it highly doubtful.. if they did have a form of the internet it would be far too advanced for us.. it would be like trying to open a brand new version of microsoft word saved file on a windows 95 machine.. it ain't gonna happen. No matter how hard you try.

Also where is the evidence to back up this ludicrous claim ? No source, No evidence. Just your opinion.

I am not shooting you down just saying i doubt an alien is sat in his space-craft with a laptop whilst on youtube laughing at cat videos. Come on man, get serious. If they can travel here from a far off planet don't you think they have something way above IE or Google Chrome.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

they could seriously be affecting peoples thoughts and perceptions with uploaded content into our informational infrastructure.

Bahahahahahahaha...if there was an ET threat through videos on youtube, trust me we would know and I'm not saying we as in the people.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Space gold!

I agree, but does is it harder to mine an asteroid your self, or harder to have some other race of suckers do it for you? Now I do not in any way mean to associate African American slaves with suckers, they are not, they're very intelligent; but when there were slaves in America, it was because it was easier to have someone else do the digging and farming and the cotton picking. And "the best kind of slaves, are the ones who don't know that they are enslaved.". So, we mine the asteroid, and get say 5-20% so that our worldly goods reflect that, then we give the rest to the aliens so that they don't kill us and eat us --we are meat after all

If I was able to cruise the galaxy, I would think I could also build some basic robots that never get tired, or try to toss pointy sticks at me and have them mine the stuff.

Humans are a unruly bunch..always complaining, always dying and parts falling apart..very inconvenient...space gold mined by space robots seems the most logical choice. No resistance, plentiful, etc

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Incidently...a way cooler idea would be for us humans to accidently tap into some galactic alien internet...imagine hitting a frequency and seeing zorgtube.com or something with billions of cute norf videos (norf of course being a cat, but cuter, blue, and with 8 legs).

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

"Yes and in the vastness of the infinite universe our world is the only known corner store for intergalactic Gold buyers...

If we can have planets made of Diamond, im sure there are worlds out their made entirely of gold, interstellar clouds of pure gold, asteroids of pure gold, Suns belching out pure particular gold...

But no they gotta come here to mine it over 100's of thousands of years with a slave labor force.
"

~

What makes you think Earth is the only place they went to? No one said they were not mining other planets.

Since they were here taking gold off the planet, that would pretty much mean that there are no planets of pure gold out there, or if there were they have all been used up. Same with your golden asteroids.

These minors could have been around for thousands of years before they came here. So the real questions should be;
Why raise a revolt here over not wanting to do the hard labor of mining?
Did it never occur to them to make slaves when they were mining another planet?
Do this mean the other mined planets had no suitable life form to manipulate into slaves?
Or was this after all the first place they found/mined gold?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

DUDE! Are you sure these ETs of YOURS haven't discovered nano-carbon-tubes or graphene yet?! We have and OUR space program is only a few decades old..!?? Gold is near enough DEPRECATED as 'the' conductor of choice for electronics longevity - all metals are subject to 'feathering' at nano-scales anyhow, unlike GRAPHENE...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There could easily be ET's hovering above our planet posting videos on youtube
edit on 29-1-2013 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--ALL CAPS--don't use them

Right.
If that´s the case, they can piss off right back to whence they came from,
we have enough problems with the locals posting incredibly stupid videos on the net
and proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no intelligent life down here.

edit on 31-1-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join