It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Either that it's a lot of Jalepeno peppers!

Sorry...just in one of those moods!

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
ok for D&D your right, but for Warhammer im right
so i guess we are both right

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
She said when they evolved they were so light that they just floated, because of all of the oxygen in their bodies.

If you had that much oxygen in your body, you would be flammable and would probably burst into flame with the smallest spark.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sounds like she really needs to get laid...

#, how old are you? Accepting no responsibility for anything I say from now on.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Okay....since when does getting laid match with Dragons?

Now..if your talking about dragon off-spring....then i believe that they gave birth to live young?

Other than that....explain?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
"ok for D&D your right, but for Warhammer im right so i guess we are both right "

Yep, I was citing D&D in my original post. You are correct for Warhammer....though I only have a WH40K Eldar army at present, so my memory of regular WH is a little fuzzy, hehe......

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of the third Tremors movie, which was putridly awful compared with the first 2. Anyway, the things evolved again so they could fly and were propelled by this very method. The people killed them by shooting flaming metal rods out of a potato gun right into their gas bag whatever. They were full of hydrogen. Man was it ever a poor movie, and now they have the series which is like [putridly awful]^2

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you do a little bit more research, the color of a dragon has absolutely nothing to do with what it breaths. The whole color/breath coordination was simply a system created by media (movies, books) and games to keep track of what they breath. The type of breath a dragon uses is determined not by its color but by its environment and also it is noted by the culture that claims to have witnessed the dragons.
The classis European Dragon tended to breath fire.
The classis Oreantal Dragon tended to breath water, energy, or nothing at all.
But the color has nothing to do with its breath.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
the "color" arguement was strictly from one source, and it was a gaming source. It was not meant to pertain to being an aspect of possible dragon existence.

Interesting point regarding the oriental dragons, but dragons are more than just a creature for knights to slay in oriental culture. Indeed, they formed a ruling body in the heavens, and thus, there is a lot more spiritualism involved there, making it a little less reliable source....

I still just find it amazing that every culture around the world can have myths about the same two creatures (i.e. dragons and unicorns) without them at one time existing in one form or another...

As for breath weapons...I think it was simply exaggeration....

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wonder if the concept of dragons came out of the same sources as other great beasts such as the leviathan. Surely a concept that shows up in many different cultures that had nothing to do with each other can't be entirely made up.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I cant believe we have our very own dragon rider here and he hasnt posted on this subject!

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hey dude in the BIble in Job 41, that entire chapter is about Leviathan, a fire breathing sea and land monster with huge teeth and no normal weapon can kill it...

This site has the chapter on it:
Job 41 through Biblegatway

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Dragon race (Draconians) only inhabbit a higher frequency in reality. The lower fourth dimension.

Alot of the occult practice is to feed them with the energy (negative and positive) they need to live on.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
K, again Rahzel is on crack or somethin' and this is the freakish animal forum, not the alien forum... Grow up Rahzel

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You should U2U Abraham Virtue...he is likewise...

Don't ascribe to it much myself, but then, I haven't read the book yet....others on my list first...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
technically...TECHNICALLY. i think dragons COULD have existed. i am by no means supporting the belief in their existance. but if you look at some of the pterosaurs that died out with the dinosaurs ie. Quetzalcoatlus - it had a wing-span of 40ft and it flew. so it is possible that small dragons or something similar could have existed. It'd be cool if they did but unfortunately i don't think they do. If they do, i hope they breathe fire out their arse. that'd be hilarious!!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What are you talking about? Oh, that crazy girl with the weird story! Just ignore here.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oxygen in the bones? im not aware of a solid state of oxygen at anything other than ridiculously low temperatures like deep space or some nasa style liquid oxygen generator, goes against the heat of the fire breath theory. i doubt something would live very long with bones full of gas either. lol i love the statement that there's only no proof because the bones decay in a matter of weeks, where is the proof of that? lol

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ok look, there was a series on Discovery Channel that delt with the whole issue. in Germany they have a tiny winged creature pickled in a jar that they believe is a dragon. but in the mountains around southern France they found 2 frozen dragon bodies, they think its a mother and a child, and 4 human bodies from the medieval ages, dragon hunters.

essentially, dragons were around from the time of dinosaurs. they scavenged, hunted and all the good stuff as other carnivores. they could fly. they had flight bladders, same as birds, but they ate sulfur from mountains and then they could breathe fire for VERY short periods of time and only a few times at that. they evolved when the meteor hit and lived in the ocean. after a while some got out and some stayed. the ones that did are the Oriental Dragon-sea searpant. some left and grew wings back and became the European Dragon. some were in the Americas and grew feathers or hair and became the mythical Quetzalcoatl of the Aztecs. they had to burn the fur off of the animals that they ate and so some scientists and dragon enthusiasts believe man came across a burning cracass and thats how we discovered fire.

i am not saying this is true, but its worth a second look, thought, w/e

i'm stickin to the bible though
good ol catholic boy like me

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm right, you're wrong

Going from Dungeons and Dragons,

Greens breathe poison gas,
Blacks breathe acid
Whites breathe ice
Reds breathe fire
Blues breathe electricity

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by Gazrok]

dont forget the giant grey one that breathes radioactive plasma.

but really i do believe that dragons did exist but went extinct in the 16th century., but her veiws on dragons are completly false, she apparently has never done any research on dragons, like with dragons a fanatsy made real, or the dragonology books, show her them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join