It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Finally Happened - Canned Fresh Air in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hashslinger
reply to post by Pedro4077

I know there are cultural differences...

...but HORSE flavored air? I think I'll pass on that one.

Also known as "Sarah Jessica Parker" flavor

Maybe you can combine all 3, so you feel like your eating a Vanilla Ice Cream - while watching a Horse on the Beach.

Whatever gets you through the day.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: This is From a Comedy Send Up - Horse Flavour Not Really Available

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
living in China, this makes me laugh

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
1913. "Hey you kids, get offa my lawn."

2013. "Hey you kids, get outta my air!"

we're progressing somewhere, that's for sure.

lol

*cough splutter*

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
So... Spaceballs was a prophetic movie.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking of when I saw this thread!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In Japan for quite awhile now...years in fact... theyve had booths on the streets like old telephone booths, where you can get fresh air-oxygen for something like 25 cents for 5 minutes. Then you go back in the polution.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Spaceballs reference you beat me to it.. LMAO

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That is a worrying thought, can that place really be so polluted? Surely a good mask will filter out the particulates?

Fresh Air in a Can, incredible.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yep I was thinking Spaceballs too. Welcome to the future. MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by mysteriousmysteries

The first thing that popped into my head was the lorax....

Pretty soon they may just build domes with fresh air we have to pay for.

What do I know though....I'm just a weirdo..

Peace and love
~nat the rat

No I was thinking the same thing. And it's kind of messed up that they can charge you for something that is basically a necessity.

But couldn't it technically be considered a monopoly? I mean if the Chinese Government would focus their money more on air pollution than it would resolve this kind of thing happening.

I mean maybe if they could prove that they are doing what ever they can to address the pollution and in turn it's the Chinese citizens fault for all the air pollution than maybe it wouldn't be a monopoly?

I highly doubt it's all their citizens though..

edit on 30-1-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My hubby says he saw this on shelves recently at Walmart. Funny...Spaceballs was on all this month on cable...lol! I just watched it a few nights ago. I suppose it could be prophetic...but I really hope we all don't become as silly as the people that live in that reality (is it the lack of oxygen?). Hmmmm...maybe I should pick up a 6 pack just in case.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Im going by the actual reports on the specific contaminates and particulates that are in the air. It was the chinese govt who said it was "cars".. the actual studies proved it was industrialization and dirty coal from factories and manufacturing. We can blame the Chinese all we want and their supposedly breeding like rats.. but our demands for cheap crap prove that WE have a huge portion of culpability in this.

Mind if I butt in?

I think people in the US are partly responsible, but digging a little deeper, you can see it's not only the culture, but the economic, and political system coupled with advertising companies which are to blame as well.

Our economic philosophy believes that economic growth is the only way to prosperity. Since we outsourced our pollution (manufacturing base), what is pushed on the troglodytes is mindless consumption regardless of the consequences. Our government made it our "patriotic duty" to buy SUV's, and cheap products from China. We have media shoving this junk down our throats, telling us we need to outdo our neighbors and live in a world of one-up-man-ship.

So you can't just point the finger at the people, or the rogue government, or the corporations, or the media, or China. We're all to blame.

The one child policy was instated by Deng Xiaoping in 1979.. I do believe that has lowered population since it is now 2013. If we do not accept our own part in this... our insatiable demands.. then we will keep repeating these "mistakes" and the Chinese citizens and the planet will continue to suffer.

I think what you mean is that it's helped lower the potential rate of growth in the population. They've got 1.2billion people right now. Didn't have a billion in 1979.

In my assessment, the root is awaking the people's conscience AND calling out the unconscionable policies and deregulation in government and corporate sectors.

The problem is certainly not merely a matter of numbers in population. It's the greed of man interacting with the environment to create the #storm we're already having to weather.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join