It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Finally Happened - Canned Fresh Air in China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You read it right! I remember joking about this as a kid. Well it's finally happened.

Mr Chen told Fairfax Media he wanted to make a point that China's air was turning so bad that the idea of bottled fresh air is no longer fanciful. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Now I realize that this is just to make a point, and they are not mass producing it...yet.

But how long before they really do need this canned air? And how long before all of that smog starts drifting over here? How long before the Chinese invade and fill every empty patch of North America with coal plants? Ok that last part may be a little far fetched, but the question remains...

How long before we have to run out to get another can of air?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteriousmysteries

The first thing that popped into my head was the lorax....

Pretty soon they may just build domes with fresh air we have to pay for.

What do I know though....I'm just a weirdo..

Peace and love
~nat the rat

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Air today, gone tomorrow 😄

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So... Spaceballs was a prophetic movie.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
lol don't worry folks. Over population is a total myth. Rampant and non-stop industrial pollution is good for the Earth and the life on Earth my friends. We have enough resources to easily sustain another 100 billion people. Don't worry about it.
edit on 29/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Daaa you beat me to the punch. I was going to post that vid iin this thread

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Didn't you know?! This is the next one they'll be dissecting in the conspiracy forums.

blogcritics.org... rates-were-prophetic/page-2/

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khedwulf

Daaa you beat me to the punch. I was going to post that vid iin this thread

No worries, by tomorrow there will be 15 more threads made by people who havent figured out the search function.. youll have many more opportunities to post it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
lol don't worry folks. Over population is a total myth. Rampant and non-stop industrial pollution is good for the Earth and the life on Earth my friends. We have enough resources to easily sustain another 100 billion people. Don't worry about it.

Its not overpopulation.. there have been numerous threads on it and its mainly due to toxins and contaminants in the air from industry/manufacturing/dirty fuel run amok.

www.washingtonpost.com... tml

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'll only buy it if it comes in "New Car Smell".

Or maybe I'll just settle for "The Beach".

edit on 29-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Pretty soon they may just build domes with fresh air we have to pay for

so far thats the last thing vital to our survival no one is making money off of, so I wouldnt be supprised if someone is working on a way to do it

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

OHHH!@!!! You beat me to it!

"Because good is dumb"

China, failing at ludicrous speed... with the US not far behind.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Its not overpopulation.. there have been numerous threads on it and its mainly due to toxins and contaminants in the air from industry/manufacturing/dirty fuel run amok.

We wouldn't have so many industrial manufacturers if we didn't have so many people. We wouldn't burn so much dirty fuel if we didn't have so many people.

Of course it's not just too many people... it's too many people in one small area. You know what cities like this one in China remind me of... a highly concentrated infection. Look at it from space and that's what it would look like. A dirty disgusting grouping of pollution, steel and cement swarming with humans all packed together with unbelievable density. And the infection gets worse and worse with every passing moment, becoming more and more disgusting and harmful to the creatures living in and around it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

We wouldn't have so many industrial manufacturers if we didn't have so many people. We wouldn't burn so much dirty fuel if we didn't have so many people.

Of course it's not just too many people... it's too many people in one small area. You know what cities like this one in China remind me of... a highly concentrated infection. Look at it from space and that's what it would look like. A dirty disgusting grouping of pollution, steel and cement swarming with humans all packed together with unbelievable density. And the efection gets worse and worse with every passing moment, becoming more and more disgusting and harmful to the creatures living in and around it.

Mostly because we do not manufacture nor do we have much industry and its done cheaper in china with fewer regulations, moving our industry to china for a buck... hence.. run amok. Our demands.. their churning it all out for a buck with no regard for their people or the planet... equals pollution bad enough to shut schools down. If you believe it is ONLY due to overpop.. I suppose that one child policy just isnt stringent enough. Maybe we can leave more children out to die in the elements.. especially females.. and we can cut down on that overpopulation in China. Or... maybe we can see what the real issue is and stop poisoning folks for money and cheap crappy products.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If you believe it is ONLY due to overpop.. I suppose that one child policy just isnt stringent enough.

They implemented the one child policy after they already had population problems, that's why they did it. If it does help reduce the population, which I'm not sure it will, it will take a while before we see measurable effects. They are still the most populated nation on Earth and I would guess they are also the most polluted nation on Earth. There is clearly a strong correlation there.

Or... maybe we can see what the real issue is and stop poisoning folks for money and cheap crappy products.

Well regardless of the quality of the product any type of industrial manufacturing will release pollution. And actually it seems to me that most of the pollution in that city has been caused by cars, because industrial plants are usually located a while away from city centers. The real problem here is clearly so many people packed into such a small area. Not to say all places are overpopulated, but China and that city in particular are overpopulated and that is the main cause of the problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

I know there are cultural differences...

...but HORSE flavored air? I think I'll pass on that one.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Im going by the actual reports on the specific contaminates and particulates that are in the air. It was the chinese govt who said it was "cars".. the actual studies proved it was industrialization and dirty coal from factories and manufacturing. We can blame the Chinese all we want and their supposedly breeding like rats.. but our demands for cheap crap prove that WE have a huge portion of culpability in this. The one child policy was instated by Deng Xiaoping in 1979.. I do believe that has lowered population since it is now 2013. If we do not accept our own part in this... our insatiable demands.. then we will keep repeating these "mistakes" and the Chinese citizens and the planet will continue to suffer.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hashslinger
reply to post by Pedro4077

I know there are cultural differences...

...but HORSE flavored air? I think I'll pass on that one.

Smells like a beautiful morning on the farm....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Canned Air? So, what does that mean? A mixture of nitrogen and oxygen? Is the oxygen at 21%? Are CFC's involved? So many questions...

China is of course a polluted mess in many more ways than just the atmosphere that they happen to share with everybody else. There are measured particulate levels, but what about the percentage of oxygen at street level when the pollution is blocking the sun? Someday people will value oxygen and water more than CO2 levels. Hopefully, that day does not come anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This isnt really that new, back 2005 when i worked at a gas station we sold canned air.
Dumest thing i ever saw, came in three flavors i think. It is called big ox.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join