Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Urges Banks to Deny Financial Services to Gun Manufacturers

page: 1
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Mods , please move if not in right location.
Searched but did not find this posted yet.

Once again the great mayor of Chicago thinks with his a@# instead of his brain.



Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel sent letters to the chief executives of Bank of America and TD Bank encouraging them to refrain from offering financial services to major gun manufacturers that fail to embrace “commonsense” gun safety laws on Jan. 24.




“These institutions have a responsibility to stand up against an industry that manufactures and sells assault weapons that end up on America’s streets. It’s time for the financial industry to join the fight against assault weapons and military-style magazines, and support commonsense reforms, including requiring criminal background checks on all gun sales,” Emanuel said in a press release. “Doing business with gun manufacturers might benefit the banks’ bottom line, but they put our police officers, our children and our communities at risk.”


Never mind our economy is not the best, and never mind that right now more than ever the gun mfg's are pumping probably more money into the system than any other business. But lets try to cripple them in their way of doing business.

Seriously, Come on chicago, get this jerk out of office asap.
www.guns.com...
edit on 29-1-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I encourage all gun owners to immediately cease doing business with any banks that follow the advice of this criminal a-hole. Withdraw your money now.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Found this interesting - Texas senator Cruz's response -


"We do not accept the notion that government officials should behave as bullies, trying to harass or pressure private companies into enlisting in a political lobbying campaign. And we subscribe to the notion, quaint in some quarters, that private companies don't work for elected officials; elected officials work for private citizens.


thehill.com...

I'd love it if instead, old Rahm asked the banks to stop their "financial assault" on American citizens.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia
 


Sounds like senator Cruz has a level head on his shoulders,
to bad there are one's elected that are to mentally challenged to know
what their job is, and more importantly isn't!

I agree, if i had any accounts with any of these banks, i would be down there
Monday AM closing them out.

I refuse to do business with anyone who falls in line with this high school playground
mentality.
He has no right to call for anything like this, it is not his job to govern the banks and who
they do business with.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think Mayors across America are getting just a wee too big for their britches. Id like to see some state legislators reel them back in a bit. It won't happen in New York and it certainly won't happen in my own little piece of the disgustingly corrupt pie in Chicago but I hope it ends there.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well June 9, 2013 will be an interesting day in Chicago. The Illinois State legislation has until then to have a concealed carry law in place that grants permits. No law, pretty much means that you don't need a permit.

Tick-tock.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Ahabstar because: darn my typing and spelling the word correctly so I didn't catch the error at first.



posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So now it's "Cash For Guns" the way it should be.


Doesn't look like they thought this one through.


Peace



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I had a pretty strong feeling moving Rahm Emanuel to Chicago was a strategic move. Now I'm thinking it was almost 100% about the gun control agenda.



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
[
edit on 30-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar
 



I think they're gonna make it so tough, it'll be next to impossible to get one.
Rules, restrictions and a high fee will be make sure of it.

Any bank going along with this needs to lose customers fast. If I were a gun maker in Illinois, I'd be planning a move as soon as possible. And make damn sure people knew Why.



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar
 


I was wondering the official date the revised ccw law's were due, as I live in Chicago. Nor do I support anything about Illinois at this point in time. I could almost say I feel the same way about the state of the economy and gov't, TPTB.

I've been looking for a new state to move my family too. But then Illinois will lose a soldier. Who will protect my old a@# neighbor's who needs help with the garbage or even my own Family. I like her she's nice.
better Hunker down. We are overdue for more turbulance.



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow... Rahm is basically blaming S&W and indirectly TD Bank for the Aurora Holmes shooting.

Letters to Banks

He can't wait for the legal process, so he uses strong-arm tactics.

This guy is exactly what is wrong with politicians.



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Wow... Rahm is basically blaming S&W and indirectly TD Bank for the Aurora Holmes shooting.

Letters to Banks

He can't wait for the legal process, so he uses strong-arm tactics.

This guy is exactly what is wrong with politicians.



this guy is exactly what is wrong with this nation.

Guns are big business when all other investments are down you can always rely on weapons to sell and make a small profit. for the last 4,000 years we have the need for both hunting and war.

Guns are not the problem the problem is bad people using guns.

all the extra checks to get a gun does not keep a bad person from getting a gun. those checks just keep honest people from getting guns. Bad people will get guns by any means necessary just like Adam Lanza did. not one gun he used were sold to him. He killed his mother and stole the guns and went on a rampage.



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Do you mean the same banks like HSBC who launder money for the drug cartel and terrorist organizations?


Screw him and screw the banks as well besides gun manufacturers are back logged with orders they aren’t going out of business regardless of him or the banks.



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Who voted for these criminal racketeers and con-men to be in office? Sad that the state of our nation is in the hands of men like him and Obama...

Perhaps we should all resort to the Chicago Way?



We have thugs in expensive suits in the most powerful offices of the land.



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So now it's "Cash For Guns" the way it should be.


Doesn't look like they thought this one through.


Peace


Have you seen the piles of crap on the gun buy-back tables? People are bringing in their beat up .22 plinkers for the $200 then turning around and putting that towards a new AR. Gotta love Americans!



posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"“These institutions have a responsibility to stand up against an industry that manufactures and sells assault weapons that end up on America’s streets"

1 hrm well, were the guns illegal when they were being manufactured? oh wait they still arent...

2 this is comming from a state that has 6 or 7 of its cities as most unsafe place to live in america , what a $%^&in moron lol

3 if anyone lives near him , could you go place one of those completely unprotected house signs, in his front lawn ^^
or next to his favorite bath house.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Time for the people to ask the banks to stop supporting communist governments. Pull your money out of any bank that follows that jackoffs suggestions and place it in a better local credit union. Send the anti-American politicians a strong message.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Mods , please move if not in right location.
Searched but did not find this posted yet.

Once again the great mayor of Chicago thinks with his a@# instead of his brain.



Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel sent letters to the chief executives of Bank of America and TD Bank encouraging them to refrain from offering financial services to major gun manufacturers that fail to embrace “commonsense” gun safety laws on Jan. 24.




“These institutions have a responsibility to stand up against an industry that manufactures and sells assault weapons that end up on America’s streets. It’s time for the financial industry to join the fight against assault weapons and military-style magazines, and support commonsense reforms, including requiring criminal background checks on all gun sales,” Emanuel said in a press release. “Doing business with gun manufacturers might benefit the banks’ bottom line, but they put our police officers, our children and our communities at risk.”


Never mind our economy is not the best, and never mind that right now more than ever the gun mfg's are pumping probably more money into the system than any other business. But lets try to cripple them in their way of doing business.

Seriously, Come on chicago, get this jerk out of office asap.
www.guns.com...
edit on 29-1-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)


The best part of all this is that HE and his city are making it laughable to ban guns. I mean really...Almost 600 deaths, wow. And best of all he says these are from people who make assault weapons..Tell me how many are from assault weapons and not from HANDGUNS used by thugs.



posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul
 


I wouldn't expect anything less from Illinois, that is the definition of a police state.





top topics
 
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum