It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Prime minister announces election date

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The prime minister has announced the federal election will be held on September 14th.

Julia Gillard made the shock announcement at a press club address in Canberra just minutes ago. "Today I announce that the 2013 federal election will be held on Saturday the 14th of September," she said. "Announcing the election date now enables individuals and business, investors and consumers, to plan their year." "There's plenty for this government to be getting on with — plenty of work to do for our nation."

news.ninemsn.com.au...

I am secretly hoping for a "Dark Horse" to emerge, one whom will go against the "flow" of the MSM propaganda machine that is surely holding emergency boardroom meetings as you read this.

I'm done with Labor and Liberal parties - both bat for the same team as far as I'm concerned.

Lower taxes, better health care, more jobs - promised, never delivered.

That gives us roughly 8.5 months for election promises to be thought out, reiterated to the nth degree and subsequently not acted on once the election is over. That's not a prediction either - it's just the way it is.

Immigration, health care, foreign policy, taxes, natural resources - expect those issues to be raised and discussed to death. Lots of polls.

Vote for A or B.............it matters not - refer past elections and associated promises made as evidence.

Democracy at it's finest........

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Screw the old methods.. I say we need a team...
Rudd and Turnbull with Hockey and Albanese.
I'd campaign for that group leading this nation any day!

however, here in Australia we do have alternatives.

The Australian Sex Party
www.sexparty.org.au...

Or the Pirate Party Australia
pirateparty.org.au...

regardless... the next 8 months are going to be downright dirty, disgusting, in poor form, backstabbing, ruthless and downright boring, just so the elite's can trick us with promises and pledges they never intend to stick too!

My prediction?

Gillard will beat Abbott, by a medium margin! Gillard will bring in sweeping reforms on Mining and Oil/Gas tax, as well as communications standards so they 'protect' us from further hacking/obscene internet practices. Abbott will be removed as opposition leader shortly after the election. Swan will bring in another budget deficit while promising a surplus.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Great Post........ thanks, A bit of a shock for me also.

However, I have to agree, it's going to be BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BACK STAB BACK STAB SLAG OFF BLA BLA BLA BLA BACK STAB BORING SLAG OFF BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BACK STAB BACK STAB SLAG OFF BLA BLA BLA BLA BACK STAB BORING SLAG OFF BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BORING WHINGE BORING WHINGE BLA BLA BLA BLA BACK STAB BACK STAB SLAG OFF BLA BLA BLA BLA BACK STAB BORING SLAG OFF

FOR THE NEXT 8 MONTHS

OVER IT ALREADY.

Change is needed and needed now.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Gillard will beat Abbott, by a medium margin! Gillard will bring in sweeping reforms on Mining and Oil/Gas tax, as well as communications standards so they 'protect' us from further hacking/obscene internet practices. Abbott will be removed as opposition leader shortly after the election. Swan will bring in another budget deficit while promising a surplus.

thats a scary thought.

we really need gillard out of our government.
i hope there are choices besides abbott.
ive always liked Rudd

id vote for Agit8dChops team, if theres an opportunity
edit on 29-1-2013 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Now, I know you are no Nostradamus but Damn! I can't help but agree with you and think you might have some weird 6th sense.

Accurate stuff, today or in 8 months.

I'm really liking the Pirate Party though, the name alone is a big draw card for me

reply to post by CaptainBeno

LOL - I'm here at Perth International Airport waiting to head to Singapore sippin back on a mid-morning Chivas when I read your post - THAT cracked me up mate, and now everyone is looking at me all strange!!

Cheers for that!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
lol so now it's looks like we're going to have to choose between Gillard and Abbott. At least we don't have to choose between Obama and Romney.

Ehhh who cares... I don't play their stupid little game anyway. The whole thing is clearly rigged and I will not participate until I feel I have a fair choice.
edit on 29/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Hahahaha! I was cracking up writing it too! It's true though hey?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We need a new rule for our democracy, if a politician makes a promise during the campaign and then breaks that promise after election, they should then face removal from office. If it's contentious whether unforeseen events even made it possible to keep the promise, we could vote on whether they stay or go.

Voting doesn't have to be as hard as they make it either, if my iPhone is safe enough to do banking on them I'm sure some boffins could invent something secure enough to vote. We humans can do some pretty impressive things with technology, I'm sure we could figure out a way for it not to get corrupted. This way we could shift to a more direct form of democracy, not this once-every-four-years crap.

But I guess even when we do get our democracy for that one day, it still doesn't mean we can get someone good into office. Just look at the Kerr coup, where the Queens governor just kicks the democratically elected prime minister out of office and elects the leader of the opposition! - a millionaire land owner with a butler who would do TPTB's bidding more readily. Many aussies leaned then that our democracy can just be turned on or off at will.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Only one that can save this nation is Peter Costello.

8.5 months is enough time to get back into the Liberal Party leadership position, giveTony Abbot another role, and Costello and Joe Hocking as treasurer rcampaign for the top spot.

Labour would be wiped out of existence.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

The prime minister has announced the federal election will be held on September 14th."

As Julia Gillard is a well known liar that means the election probably will not be on that date!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Yep Costello has the creds, he isn’t despised either, but IMHO he's a little to, smug? snarky?.. but he would make a good PM!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think Mr. Budgie Smuggler aka Big Ears may just get the bump in the next few weeks. He is the weakest link in the chain on that side.

Bottom line, either party climbs up the USA butt hole, and that is a place Australia should not be!

P

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says the 2013 federal election will be about trust when the poll is held in eight months' time.

Tony Abbott says coalition is ready for poll

I guess that, again, I won't be voting for any of these muppets then...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Ehhh who cares... I don't play their stupid little game anyway. The whole thing is clearly rigged and I will not participate until I feel I have a fair choice.

I refuse to participate in compulsory elections simply because it means politicians can behave how they please. They know that because we "must" vote, we will be voting for the person we dislike the least. You will notice that is what their election ads will be focusing on.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I am over it already too. It got to the point last year that I could not watch TV anymore, even the newsbreaks were too much to handle with all that # flinging going on. I am mad as hell that these idiots get paid to sit there and slag off all day.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

That is so true mate. Seriously, it will be an eact carbon copy of every other argument they have ever had. Yawn. Seriously, I would rather watch home and away than the news on MSM nowadays.......and that's saying someting buddy!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Lower taxes, better health care, more jobs - promised, never delivered.

Those kind of things are not changed by governments or elections. This is now the realm of global high finance,multi nationals and global trade organisations and treaties e.g. GATTS, Lima Agreement, WTO etc.. Politicians are merely puppet govenors of their client states. The sooner average ocker aussie gets that through their skull the better we are years behind other nations in terms of pple waking to up to the realities of globalism/nwo.

top topics

join