It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School bus driver shot, 6-year-old taken hostage in Dale County (Update)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This saddens me.

I have a 7 year old boy. I'm not gonna lie, he's a mama's boy. If he was taken by a man he didn't know and was held for that many days without mama bear, he wouldn't be the same, I know it.

Yes I know kids are stronger than we think sometimes, but geez this is just wild.

As a parent I would be flipping out if that was my kid held up in a bunker.

This has got to end soon. I've been praying, and I feel that's all I can do in this situation.

Peace and love
-nat in a hat-

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I can not imagin what those parents are goin through.. Knowing right where your son is and you cant do anything

They would have to remove me from the scene because I would be trying to get in that bunker at all costs

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by natalia

I can not imagin what those parents are goin through.. Knowing right where your son is and you cant do anything

They would have to remove me from the scene because I would be trying to get in that bunker at all costs

Here's the thing... Me too. When someone hurts my boy or anything, mama bear comes out fast.

They probably would have to lock me up. I'm kinda crazy anyway, but this would definitely send me over the edge!
-nat

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Are there any updates?
This is so gut wrenching.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
Are there any updates?
This is so gut wrenching.

nope nothing new yet

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
press conference today at 11 am
www.wsfa.com...

Here is the latest information from the authorities in Midland City:
Our mission is to resolve this situation peacefully for both the child and Mr. Dykes.

Throughout the day, Mr. Dykes has continued to allow us to deliver food, medicine and comfort items to the child. Some of those items we have delivered include a red Hot Wheels car and some Cheezits crackers.

We continue to maintain an open line of communication with Mr. Dykes. He continues to make the environment as comfortable as possible for the child.

The next scheduled press briefing will be at 11 A.M. on Monday, February 4th, 2013 at the usual location.

A review of recent developments up to this point:

A photo of the suspect was released and the school bus on which the driver was fatally shot and from which a 5-year-old child was abducted was moved on Friday.

Dykes told authorities that he has an electric heater and blankets inside the bunker to keep warm during the cold overnight hours. He has provided the child hostage with the coloring books, crayons, toys and the medicine authorities have sent down into the bunker.

Authorities say they thanked Dykes for taking care of the child and that they continue to have constant communication with him
t

edit on 4-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thanks for the update-a big relief that Dykes is taking adequate care of the lil guy-though it would be best if that poor child could be released-its still a dire situation.If only he had not killed the busdriver,Dykes would be in a better position,but at least he seems to not be treating the child abysmally.I feel like i can't rest till this is over,im praying every day that it ends well.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
looks like its over and the boy is safe

www.abc3340.com...

Update:

Suspect is dead, child is OK

----------

Update:
There are now reports of 2 loud bangs and an ambulance was seen leaving the area.

Multiple sources reporting that the hostage situation is over and the child is safe.

There has been a loud bang at the hostage site in Midland City

Law enforcement on the scene tells ABC 33/40 that there will be an update in the next hour.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thank goodness he is finally safe!! That poor child.. Seeing his bus driver shot in front of him, and everyone on that bus, and then held hostage for a week with the guy underground! Just unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

So glad to hear that the kid is 'ok'

My heart still goes out to that little guy and his parents. I haven't really looked into it all. Did the police kill the man or .....?

I guess I'll just go look for myself now.

Peace and love
-nat the tranquil cat-

No word on what actually happened....
edit on 4-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The whole coverage of this event is strange.

Pretty much the ONLY info was the gunman was anti-government and believed in aliens.

I first thought they might have a tv in the bunker and didn't want any information that could upset him.

But he is now dead and they are still silent.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Supposedly, they are withholding details so they can use the techniques again. I am sure they bugged the bunker, but they aren't telling how. It is responsible to withhold that info.

What a relief. Good job.
edit on 4-2-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yes!!! At last,thank Yahushua! So happy for his the lil guy and his family-his parents must be the most overjoyed two people on the planet this day,can you just imagine?! This is a HUGE relief.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I have been following this from the start and that bus driver was really brave to try to protect the children but died for his efforts. Many would not have done that and he didn't deserve to die like that.
I'm really glad the little boy is safe and back home where he belongs, but we will probably never know the real reason his kidnapper was killed or how he died for that matter.
At least the two of them never lost their lives and I hope he gets on with his life somehow but think this will effect him in years to come as well as now.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I drove past the hostage situation everyday on the way to work. It was a media frenzy for sure. What gets me about the whole deal is that jimmy lee dykes clearly stated that he would swap the kid for a national reporter so he could tell his story about the government to the world. I just thought he was just some crazy old man, until I heard from a reliable source that Mr. Dykes was actually a "spook" and was trained by the CIA. I also heard days before that they tried to infiltrate the bunker thru the sides but were unable to because dykes had explosives buried all around the bunker, I honestly thought this rumor was way to far fetched... But this actually turned out to be true...everyone talks around here so it's hard to believe what anyone says, but when you hear from someone that was on the scene, tell you that Mr. dykes was a "spook" well you can't help but to think that this really was some sort of cover up. So it makes sense why they would never give him a chance to speak, And now we will never know what Mr. Dykes really had to say.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Beckholliday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beckholliday
I drove past the hostage situation everyday on the way to work. It was a media frenzy for sure. What gets me about the whole deal is that jimmy lee dykes clearly stated that he would swap the kid for a national reporter so he could tell his story about the government to the world. I just thought he was just some crazy old man, until I heard from a reliable source that Mr. Dykes was actually a "spook" and was trained by the CIA. I also heard days before that they tried to infiltrate the bunker thru the sides but were unable to because dykes had explosives buried all around the bunker, I honestly thought this rumor was way to far fetched... But this actually turned out to be true...everyone talks around here so it's hard to believe what anyone says, but when you hear from someone that was on the scene, tell you that Mr. dykes was a "spook" well you can't help but to think that this really was some sort of cover up. So it makes sense why they would never give him a chance to speak, And now we will never know what Mr. Dykes really had to say.
Im thinking you are correct, it is a coverup.

There was only one reason why they didn't want him to meet with the press, and that was what he was going to say! Where is the 3 page letter he wrote and sent to the media and the gov? That will explain why they had to shut him up. All they had to do was send a reporter down to do a interview, no one dies.

I am so sorry a decorated Vietnam Vet, went off the deep end. Im sorry someone had to die. Where is the letter?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join