It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairns council votes to dump fluoride

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Fantastic news,thats 1 council down,time to get the ball rolling on the rest of them
2nd

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Good work Cairns.

I've petitioned Adelaide politicians and I keep getting the same rhetoric.

Hopefully that will filter down to us in Adelaide (the idea....not the water, lol)

Good interstate infrastructure plan. Pump water from FNQ to SA

Imagine the jobs!!

Or people who are in the know move to Cairns as a fluoride free lifestyle awaits.....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Damn ATS won't let me give you more than 1 star!

This is awesome news! I too liked the comment about "involuntary medication" and also this one:

LNP MP Jason Woodforth last year said there was broad backbench support for the fluoride to be outlawed completely, telling the ABC it was a proven neurotoxin.

Some people in suits and ties are going to be
over this!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Love this comment too:

That was despite warnings from the Australian Dental Association that would cause major dental health problems.

What's the matter dental industry? Scared you'll make too much money? Or are you pretending that you care about us?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
"Can Do" Campbell truly epitomises the Liberal political idealism.

Before an election, they tell you what they'll do and some of it ain't pretty. After the election, they stick to their promises and you sometimes wish they would behave a little more like Labor and say something like "we meant it at the time, really we did, but unfortunately we just can't keep our promise. No hard feelings right? Honestly, it's for your own good!"

Liberal is for less regulation and smaller government. Labor is for more regulation and bigger government. I grew up in a family with a small business and strongly Liberal but I'm now a tradesman working for a company that treats me like a prostitute.

So confused but ultimately my heart beats Liberal. More choice, less control!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Why would dentists want you to not have dental problems?

They would lose job to do....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Good luck city folks, getting all the crap out of your water. I don't know how people can stand that. When I was living in the city, I was hauling good old well and natural spring water back from the country lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I also live in Cairns and found out that the council decided with a vote of 9 to 1 in favour of removing the fluoride,

Even though there are many of us happy about the news, the amount of negative comments makes one wonder how bias the news reporting itself is.
in order to make a comment about the post it first must be approved by the comment moderator who has to approve the comment.
I tried to make a comment along the lines of ,if people where so interested in saving childrens teeth maybe they should be petitioning soft drink companies and visiting a dentist on a regular basis and learning how to brush properly,
the comment did not pass the moderator

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Love this comment too:

That was despite warnings from the Australian Dental Association that would cause major dental health problems.

What's the matter dental industry? Scared you'll make too much money? Or are you pretending that you care about us?
I don't get it?

If dentists are going to get more work and make more money, why would they object to that?

What are their real priorities? What is the conspiracy? Who are they really trying to benefit. Someone, please explain.

Originally posted by Gedo:Rinne Tensei
I think if profit is their only motive, they would want more dental problems so they can get more customers and make more money.

The only reason I can think of why they might feel otherwise is if they actually cared about the welfare of their patients.

Of course this is the same industry that used toxic materials in metal fillings, which is a debatable health and safety topic also.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
One must certainly ask the question:

If TPTB are in fact the POWERS that be... and fluoride is in fact used to control the civillian population... why did something like this happen?

Are TPTB not powerful? Is fluoride not being used to control the population? or one of many other explanations.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think fluoride is more about ruining peoples health than controlling them, though perhaps in the process it affects your mind. I used to bursh my teeth with the colgate crap and hated doing so, but of course you have to brush your teeth. I switched to an all natural kind consisting of mostly baking soda and Its 100 times better. Also in regards to fluoridation in the water, theyve already come out and said its only beneficial if applied topically, guzzling down some water with the chemical in it when your entire body is filled with water makes no sense unless youre part of the people pushing it and believe the body can handle small amounts of toxins every single day with no bad effects.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm happy for them. I wish the same thing would be here where I live. One quarter of the residents of my local town are drinking bottled water instead of the water that comes out of the tap. This added expense is ridiculous. People are having more cavities today than when I was a kid and the fluoridated water wasn't around. Probably because it replaces Iodine and causes a dampening of the systems that protect and build our bodies. Organic fluoride is a good thing, it is a natural diuretic and calms people. That is not the same as the crap that is in the water. If people don't have a balance between fluoride and the calcium/phosphorus levels in the body it causes problems. If people cannot drink milk it causes further problems. Why are we being forced to be medicated, it causes problems in health for many people because of the compounding action and imbalances that occur.

For those who are profluoride, I would ask you whether we should force you to smoke cigarettes. Overdosing on fluoride can be worse than smoking cigarettes.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Love this comment too:

I don't get it?

If dentists are going to get more work and make more money, why would they object to that?

What are their real priorities? What is the conspiracy? Who are they really trying to benefit. Someone, please explain.

Originally posted by Gedo:Rinne Tensei
I think if profit is their only motive, they would want more dental problems so they can get more customers and make more money.

The only reason I can think of why they might feel otherwise is if they actually cared about the welfare of their patients.

Of course this is the same industry that used toxic materials in metal fillings, which is a debatable health and safety topic also.

You said "If dentists are going to get more work and make more money, why would they object to that?" Exactly the right perspective. You would think that the dentists organizations would be trying to protect their future, not hampering it. I wonder how many dentists want to question this. Business is doing great in the dental field. Lots of cavities and lots of whitening of teeth being done because they are mottled.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

Originally posted by zarlaan
Those people would have nobody to blame but themselves if that's the case. Fluoride in toothpaste isn't even necessary. People just need to learn to stop consuming so much sugar, processed foods and just brush their teeth regularly.

There's that and there is also the fact that Fluoride in the water is being ingested whereas you're not meant to swallow toothpaste, I think it's OK in toothpaste but when we're told to drink 3L of water a day, we're ingesting Fluoride daily...perhaps in small doses, but over time who knows.

I can't get away from the first paragraph in the article where the council says it is "involuntary medication". This is a huge statement.

No it's not. They are not saying it has a negative effect, they are saying it has a positive one, but they can not involuntarily give it to people. Much like they can't help pain by putting aspirin in the water. It needs to be left up to the people how they care for themselves. Why do you think it's a huge statement?

Personally, I would say its a huge statement because it can be used as an argument in courts to end the practice. If they want to claim it will produce unicorns, rainbows, and everlasting life, let them, as long as it leads to removing it from our water supply. Let people put granules of sodium fluoride in the water if they so desire.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
laugh out loud at "major dental problems" What`s the worst that could happen all your teeth rot and you have to get them pulled out and wear dentures, that`s not such a bad thing compared to the alternative of consuming massive amounts of fluoride over a life time.We can survive just fine with dentures but how well can we survive after being poisoned with massive doses of fluoride?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Great news,

But, for..........

'Though the Australian Dental Association has warned that would cause major dental health problems'

Read;

We will make it as difficult as possible for dentists to work in this area in future.

It happened where I live.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Windsor Canada just stopped Fluoride..!! at the same time...
2 wins in one week..

The scumbags at Pew Institute must be fuming..
edit on 30-1-2013 by R_Clark because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I would say that these Dentists secretly realize that the fluoride itself is a contributing factor to cavity formation, and throws off natures balance in the body and actually GIVES more business to them.

A solid amount of business that they can measure flows in with fluoridation...i have talked to dentists and they are absolutely brainwashed and get SUPER angry when questioned about fluoride.

Someone has spent alot of time and effort to convincing these guys that it would be a CRIME to not use it , and use it like it is the most liberating substance on the planet !

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good for them, lets hope the people take notice. Here's a good documentary on Australiaʼs Fluoridation called FIRE WATER.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Dodger13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by Dodger13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

I've tried to talk to my dentist about dental flourosis and the questioned flouride in general. You're absolutley correct. They almost get downright *angry* when you question it.

I agree 100% that someone or some entity has spent a LOT of time and money brainwashing the ADA (American Dental Association). I suppose the next time I want to bring it up, I need to do a Medline search for some peer-reviewed studies to bring with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join