It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairns council votes to dump fluoride

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Cairns council votes to dump fluoride

www.smh.com.au

The Cairns City Council will remove fluoride from its water supply, saying it amounts to the "involuntary medication" of residents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is one of the biggest news stories I've seen in a while, with regards to fluoridation of water supplies.

Though the Australian Dental Association has warned that would cause major dental health problems.

It also only seems to be REALLY due to the cost of fluoridation and not because of "involuntary medication" but still the sheer fact that "involuntary medication" is being said in a MSM article definitely gives credit to the people or "conspiracy nuts" who have been talking about this for decades.

www.smh.com.au
edit on 29/1/2013 by comfortablynumb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

This is one of the biggest news stories I've seen in a while, with regards to fluoridation of water supplies.

Though the Australian Dental Association has warned that would cause major dental health problems.

www.smh.com.au
edit on 29/1/2013 by comfortablynumb because: (no reason given)

Those people would have nobody to blame but themselves if that's the case. Fluoride in toothpaste isn't even necessary. People just need to learn to stop consuming so much sugar, processed foods and just brush their teeth regularly.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
Those people would have nobody to blame but themselves if that's the case. Fluoride in toothpaste isn't even necessary. People just need to learn to stop consuming so much sugar, processed foods and just brush their teeth regularly.

There's that and there is also the fact that Fluoride in the water is being ingested whereas you're not meant to swallow toothpaste, I think it's OK in toothpaste but when we're told to drink 3L of water a day, we're ingesting Fluoride daily...perhaps in small doses, but over time who knows.

I can't get away from the first paragraph in the article where the council says it is "involuntary medication". This is a huge statement.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Why is it that around 95% of the worlds population does not practice water fluoridation? Why is it that multiple studies have consistently shown that people of unfluoridated nations have teeth which are not measurably worse than people living in fluoridated nations? Why do I need to ingest fluoride when ingesting it does nothing? Why can't I protect my own teeth by using toothpaste which contains high grade pharmaceutical fluoride and not toxic waste scraped from smoke stacks?

It also only seems to be REALLY due to the cost of fluoridation and not because of "involuntary medication" but still the sheer fact that "involuntary medication" is being said in a MSM article definitely gives credit to the people or "conspiracy nuts" who have been talking about this for decades.

We never needed credibility from the MSM in the first place... it is involuntary medication any way you look at it. I don't want it in my tap water yet I have no choice. That makes it involuntary. Fluoride is proven to have active neurological effects and other biological effects. That makes it a medication.
edit on 29/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Fantastic news!!

Spot on post, thanks!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Why is it that around 95% of the worlds population does not practice water fluoridation? Why is it that multiple studies have consistently shown that people of unfluoridated nations have teeth which are not measurably worse than people living in fluoridated nations.

Exactly!

Why do I need to ingest fluoride when ingesting it does nothing... why can't I protect my own teeth by using toothpaste which contains high grade pharmaceutical fluoride and not toxic waste scraped from smoke stacks?

I didn't know that, regarding the fluoride that is used in water fluoridation...that IS dodgy!

We never needed credibility from the MSM in the first place... it is involuntary medication any way you look at it. I don't want it in my tap water yet I have no choice. That makes it involuntary. Fluoride is proven to have active neurological effects and other biological effects. That makes it a medication.

You're right; the only reason I'm happy with MSM attention is that the average person who only watches and/or listens to info from the MSM is going to learn about what the Governments have been doing for decades. It might wake some more people up. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Fantastic news!!

Spot on post, thanks!

It's a start...you try.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That is good news. The city I live in B.C they are having a vote soon to get ride of it. They are claiming the coast to be the factor. That is true but the health risk is why I will vote it gone. The chlorine in water is a acceptable risk but fluoride is not.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This is great. This happened due to the change of the Queensland state government last year. Although I find it still very disappointing that they could not make the decision to dump flouride from the whole state's water supply. The decision they made last year was to let local councils make their own decision as to whether flouride is included in the water supply. More details at the following link..

www.couriermail.com.au... 9

Lets hope more councils vote to go in the same direction.
edit on 29-1-2013 by everydayPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Good work Cairns.

I've petitioned Adelaide politicians and I keep getting the same rhetoric.

Hopefully that will filter down to us in Adelaide (the idea....not the water, lol)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Dont know about where you are, but in the uk toothpaste has a warning on it.
"Warning, contians fluoride. If swallowed seek medical help"

Now why would they write that on it?

It seems one glass of tap water contains about three times the amount in a pea sized lump of toothpaste!!

And yet....people will still come on here and tell us were all nuts, well thats probably because we've had TOO MUCH FLUORIDE.
edit on 29-1-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Good work Cairns.

I've petitioned Adelaide politicians and I keep getting the same rhetoric.

Hopefully that will filter down to us in Adelaide (the idea....not the water, lol)

we have flurosilicates in adelaide dude

no tests are even done on those to see if they have adverse effects
yay!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

Originally posted by zarlaan

There's that and there is also the fact that Fluoride in the water is being ingested whereas you're not meant to swallow toothpaste, I think it's OK in toothpaste but when we're told to drink 3L of water a day, we're ingesting Fluoride daily...perhaps in small doses, but over time who knows.

I can't get away from the first paragraph in the article where the council says it is "involuntary medication". This is a huge statement.

No it's not. They are not saying it has a negative effect, they are saying it has a positive one, but they can not involuntarily give it to people. Much like they can't help pain by putting aspirin in the water. It needs to be left up to the people how they care for themselves. Why do you think it's a huge statement?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Good luck getting anything done in Adelaide!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Misunderstood, post, post removed
edit on 30-1-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

The whole "town water" thing is gross from dam to tap. Even the plumbing in your house is disgusting. The inside of supply pipes are always grimy.
Tank water can be dodgy too.
The dodgiest part of it all though is trusting some faceless bureaucratic entity to provide you clean water or anything for that matter.
Who else thinks that the privatisation of "town water" is in the near future?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Exactly. Forced medication. (alleged medication). How on earth have we convinced ourselves in this instance not having control of the measurement is okay, but it's critical to have that control in other medications?

This reminds me of Fact #2 on FluoridealertDOTorg site

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Dude, that's the whole reason I've been petitioning the local MP's......Did you not understand my comment?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Ok so I will let the cat out of the bag.

I live in Cairns and saw this article this morning and grinned silently to myself.

We have access to a natural spring so the fluoride thing wasn't a problem.

I just think it is really good that the evidence is clear enough for the government to admit that fluoride in water is not good.

But.... Why ? It goes against the whole TPTB philosophy....

So it makes me wonder what the downside is going to be.

Because governments are not for the people........... Are they?????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join