It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook petition to stop people saying it’s a hoax…

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Who cares? This isn't going to accomplish anything.,

And ATS already censored what you can and cannot talk about with Sandy Hook.... so kind of the wrong place to cry about people wanting to silence a certain group of people.
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Well there is one major difference. ATS is a privately owned website, and can regulate what can and can't be posted all they want. The U.S. trying to regulate speech is something else, not that they don't do it anyways on many levels. I can't see it making it to law though no matter how many signatures the thing gets.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've been avoiding this topic and don't at all understand the whole SH Truther nonsense. The entire idea seems to me to be contrived and woven together from false information. I think it stems from a hatred of authority at a level where folks jump at any chance to find conspiracies where none exist. It also troubles me that it may cause more pain for the victims.

Having said that, I'm completely opposed to the idea of any official attempt to silence their speech. I'd hope though that after careful consideration, people would on their own realize this idea of it being a hoax is in fact embracing ignorance, rather than denying it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop
reply to post by whatsecret

Sorry but I only needed to read the first page to see that no one gets what this petition is about.. MHO - Regardless of my belief in what happened, how, when or where.. I do believe that individuals take it too far when they go on a "memorial page" and speak their mind about how it's a "hoax".... Regardless, I see this as harassment and just as bad as Westboro Baptist Church........Respect and Decorum where is it these days....Come on People!!! There is a time and place for everything and a memorial page isn't one of them.....

Nuff Said -

edit on 29-1-2013 by hdchop because: (no reason given)

I couldn't agree with you more. Going to a memorial page for the children and staff who died that day and crying 'hoax' is deplorable, and I would love to find that those hoaxers got caught in a locked room with the Sandy Hook parents. They could teach them that while the 1st amendment is a right that cannot be stripped away to save feelings, it does have consequences.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am confused.

So could we in theory make a petition that say, demands anything?

Is there a daily limit of how many I can propose?

Because I have so many 'solutions' to offer. Haha.

I suppose you can make as many petitions as you please. The thing most people in this thread fail to realize is that by getting the 100,000 signatures need we are only promised that the Gov. will take a look at it. There is nothing that says getting the required number of signatures makes it law.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well there is one major difference. ATS is a privately owned website,

Uh, unless, of course, the gubmint owns ATS, then it's a publicly owned website

Looky, hoaxus poaxus, ain't nobody gonna keep a guy from sayin' what he wants to say....

I mean, there's laws, then there's enforcement. Who's enforcing the gun ban in Chicago, for instance?

Get a grip folks, we the people are too many. It's like steppin on an ant hill, you get some of em, but you don't get all of em.

Free speech all the way.

I don't like a guy burnin' the US flag but I'll defend his right to do it.

I don't like a guy saying Sandy Hook didn't happen, but I'll defend his right to say it.

Sandy Hook happened, it just didn't happen the way they say it happened

edit on 30-1-2013 by smokenmirrors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

Well there is one major difference. ATS is a privately owned website,

Uh, unless, of course, the gubmint owns ATS, then it's a publicly owned website

Looky, hoaxus poaxus, ain't nobody gonna keep a guy from sayin' what he wants to say....

I mean, there's laws, then there's enforcement. Who's enforcing the gun ban in Chicago, for instance?

Get a grip folks, we the people are too many. It's like steppin on an ant hill, you get some of em, but you don't get all of em.

Free speech all the way.

I don't like a guy burnin' the US flag but I'll defend his right to do it.

I don't like a guy saying Sandy Hook didn't happen, but I'll defend his right to say it.

Sandy Hook happened, it just didn't happen the way they say it happened

edit on 30-1-2013 by smokenmirrors because: (no reason given)

That is not in the least funny. It is indefensible to perpetuate a lie in the first instance, especially if you already know it is a lie in some other form.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

I'm thinking he means the portion of those 25,000 people who actually had their sons or daughters killed inside of that school...

Yes they can also be wrong. But it's not even the point here. They did not start the petition either.

It's fine...you can think what you want about it and that's your right to do so. I know for a fact kids were killed there. I don't know for a fact every single detail surrounding the entire situation. But I know people ACTUALLY lost sons and daughters...and it's sickening that people question that.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

I'm thinking he means the portion of those 25,000 people who actually had their sons or daughters killed inside of that school...

Yes they can also be wrong. But it's not even the point here. They did not start the petition either.

It's fine...you can think what you want about it and that's your right to do so. I know for a fact kids were killed there. I don't know for a fact every single detail surrounding the entire situation. But I know people ACTUALLY lost sons and daughters...and it's sickening that people question that.

I absolutely agree that people died, and I agree that it is sick that people would spit all over the memory of those who died. I do defend their right to say it however. As I mentioned before though, I also believe that when our rights are exercised in such a deplorable way there can be consequences, and when I hear a story about one of these people being beaten half to death by one of the parents I will be the first to applaud that parent.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Majiq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
petition or not, how are you goin to stop people from thinking? id love to know. maybe if the whole situation wasnt as sketchy as it is, there wouldnt be people thinking hey, this S* is a hoax..

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

People treated it like a hoax from the beginning. You start looking for shadows long enough, you'll see them everywhere, regardless of whether they are real or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Let me put it this way...

I see no logical reason for this tragedy being a made up hoax. I cannot believe that in a small town a fake story of this magnitude can survive longer then a few days before people would start asking questions like how come I have never seen these people before the shooting? or how come these people are alive after this shooting?

Harassing parents of these poor babies is very,very very wrong and disgusting. It makes me sad that we live in a society where this is happening.

I will assume that you have seen or heard something that wasn't shown or said on TV, and that's why you know for a fact kids were killed there, and I believe you. But we need to look at it and be honest to ourselves.

The media can't get the story straight, report unconfirmed information as fact. The government didn't waste any time before taking advantage of the situation.

Having kids of my own I cannot even imagine what the parents are going through. I literally lost sleep over it and cried just thinking about it.

Do I think Robbie Parker was acting strange when he gave a statement? Yes, but that's only because I know that I wouldn't be able to even make a statement so soon after the tragedy in the first place. But people deal with such stress in their own ways.

Do I think it never happened? Absolutely not.

Do I believe that it happened the way it was reported? No I don't. I have no reason to believe it because I wasn't there myself and I don't know anybody who was. All I know is what the media reports, but there is a credibility problem. Can you really blame me?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Let me put it this way...

I see no logical reason for this tragedy being a made up hoax. I cannot believe that in a small town a fake story of this magnitude can survive longer then a few days before people would start asking questions like how come I have never seen these people before the shooting? or how come these people are alive after this shooting?

Harassing parents of these poor babies is very,very very wrong and disgusting. It makes me sad that we live in a society where this is happening.

I will assume that you have seen or heard something that wasn't shown or said on TV, and that's why you know for a fact kids were killed there, and I believe you. But we need to look at it and be honest to ourselves.

The media can't get the story straight, report unconfirmed information as fact. The government didn't waste any time before taking advantage of the situation.

Having kids of my own I cannot even imagine what the parents are going through. I literally lost sleep over it and cried just thinking about it.

Do I think Robbie Parker was acting strange when he gave a statement? Yes, but that's only because I know that I wouldn't be able to even make a statement so soon after the tragedy in the first place. But people deal with such stress in their own ways.

Do I think it never happened? Absolutely not.

Do I believe that it happened the way it was reported? No I don't. I have no reason to believe it because I wasn't there myself and I don't know anybody who was. All I know is what the media reports, but there is a credibility problem. Can you really blame me?

The media doesn't ever get the story straight, because they report the first thing they hear in regards to everything. I'm sorry but what's obvious to me, is this tragedy did happen, the details are muddled (because of the media), but in all reality there shouldn't be a lot of "details" for you or me or anyone else to have in our knowledge anyways. I get people want answers. # like this wouldn't seem so confusing, there wouldn't be some secretive NWO agenda attached to it, nobody would be talking about it if it was reported for what it was, and then left alone. The same thing continues to happen, every day, around this country. It isn't the guns. It isn't even the crime. It is the way it's reported. Since Sandy Hook I've heard about seemingly every single shooting that happens in America. The conspiracy in this lies in the fact that this tragedy was genuinely used to publicize and agenda and shove it down the American people's collective throat. Guns aren't safe! Assault rifles! High capacity magazines! Oh my God, everyone everywhere is being shot!...Like these things just started happening in December.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The media doesn't ever get the story straight, because they report the first thing they hear in regards to everything. I'm sorry but what's obvious to me, is this tragedy did happen, the details are muddled (because of the media), but in all reality there shouldn't be a lot of "details" for you or me or anyone else to have in our knowledge anyways.

There is no reason to think that it didn't happen, and as far as I'm concerned people who say it was a hoax should stop and ask themselves why would our government pretend that 26 fake innocent people were killed when they have no problem with killing real innocent people on a regular bases?

People that harass these families need to stop and leave them alone. Something very tragic happened that day in that school. Instead of disturbing grieving mothers and fathers and starting petitions to ban free speech people should start disturbing the government and starting petitions to ban exploiting this tragedy for their political agendas.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

I can't see it making it to law though no matter how many signatures the thing gets.

shhhhhh don't give Bloomberg any ideas.....he already thinks he has the right to tell people how big a soda they can have...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join