It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Canadian Couple Visits Newtown, CT One Month After Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Usually after a mass killing the shooter's life is publicized in minute detail. Lanza is still a mystery. Why is that?

This in and of itself puts the whole SH event into question. And "Snopes" as a reputable source for information?
edit on 30-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by NickDC202

Last time I checked the Google Cache had been scrubbed of that story entirely...

Really makes you wonder.

You are absolutely right, they did try to cover their tracks.
Imagine if the NY Times or Washington Post did such a thing; it would make the Jayson Blair and Stephen Glass incidents seem unimportant. And to those who might say "but they are just a small town newspaper", I'm sorry but ethics are universal and such fabrication to go unpunished is beyond wrong and does really make you wonder...

Nothing baffles me more than when someone will use the Newtown Bee as a source when discussing the tragedy because frankly the Newtown Bee isn't even reputable enough to use to pick up a dog's feces.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
This in and of itself puts the whole SH event into question. And "Snopes" as a reputable source for information?

I'm hearing they are now telling people with inquires to use Ask Jeeves as a source for information...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by thesmokingman

It certainly raises some eyebrows...

How does it raise eyebrows? there are masonic lodges everywhere ..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
Usually after a mass killing the shooter's life is publicized in minute detail. Lanza is still a mystery. Why is that?

Lanza had no internet footprint and his family seems to have been fairly quiet .. there's no mystery there.. but people want it to be.. it's amazing how many people just are chomping at the bit to make this into something it isn't. Media usually scour the INTERNET for information about these people.. there's nothing to find in his case.. yeah that's uncommon these days, but it happens.. I know people who refuse to use the net.

Lanza apparently gave a presentation in class without saying a word.. he was a quiet kid.. he wasn't social in any way.. when you leave such a small footprint then there's not much to dig up .. it's rarely that way... Just because they haven't found anything meaningful yet to spill to the hungry-for-news public doesn't mean it's supporting of any wild conspiracy theories I'm afraid.
edit on 1/30/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead
reply to post by theAnswer1111

There blog raises no more questions than it answers. How is the school being boarded up a conspiracy? I'm fairly certain I wouldn't send my 6 or 7 year old kids to school in a building where 20 of their classmates were killed....this ACTUALLY happened....something about it doesn't seem right. I'll concede that. But kids were ACTUALLY killed...why do these idiots feel it is their duty to come down there and make sure for all of you?

You're right... it would be different if it was a huge high school or college .. I can imagine them keeping it open in that case, but a fairly small school building for kids that young? no way.. the children would be terrified to return and who'd blame them? .. older kids can cope with things better than kids this young.. there's nothing at all unusual about that decision..

There's a huge desire on the part of many to make this into some big conspiracy.. I suspect it's just that people can't fathom the scale and horror of such a thing as being real.. well guess walk folks.. bad things happen..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

"It certainly raises some eyebrows" because they included such pictures in the story. I don't dis freemasonry.

edit on 1/30/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

"It certainly raises some eyebrows" because they included such pictures in the story. I don't dis freemasonry.

edit on 1/30/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

The fact they found it interesting enough to include photos of that in the write up doesn't make it an eyebrow raising fact that a masonic lodge exists in newtown... masonic lodges are common! that's connecting two dots that don't have any connection in the first place.. kind of ridiculous

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I thought it was rather funny that they are referring people to snopes for more info

I have heard speculation that snopes is run by the CIA. Then again, to be fair, I've read speculation that lots of orgs are run by the CIA. lol

Of course, I have read some stuff here and there highlighting some possibly disingenuous "debunking" practices, on the part of snopes.

Equally funny that it seems like they have it set up to give those questioning the perfect runaround. The bee refers to the police for more local info, and the police right back to the bee. How much do you want to bet that's become the standard response to non-(professionally)-journalistic inquiries? And I bet most people, unlike the authors of this, would not be willing to press further at the police station. Clever.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

There are plenty of lodges, that's for sure. It's beyond me that they included pictures of a Masonic lodge in the story. Maybe they just included it for fun - it's a nice building. I've been to a Masonic lodge - they were having a spaghetti dinner at the time and the old men were discussing charity work. So, I'm not saying Freemasons are involved with the events - it's just strange that there were pics of the lodge.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Has anyone seen one interview of a student who implied their classmates were killed? That saw anything of the sort? I haven't.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Equally funny that it seems like they have it set up to give those questioning the perfect runaround. The bee refers to the police for more local info, and the police right back to the bee. How much do you want to bet that's become the standard response to non-(professionally)-journalistic inquiries? And I bet most people, unlike the authors of this, would not be willing to press further at the police station. Clever

Reminds me of a "Little Rascals" episode where Butch (the town bully) comes to Spanky's studio to speak with him about stopping Alfalfa from singing in the radio contest because Alfalfa is a sure bet to win. First he asks Porky (who is manning the phones) to speak to Spanky, Porky in turn calls Buckwheat (sitting right next to him)
and asks him if Spanky is in, Buckwheat in turn calls Darla (right behind wall on switchboard) to ask if Spanky is in, Darla calls Spanky in his office and tells him, "Mr. Butch to see Mr. Spanky." Spanky replies, "Tell him I'm not in." And so it goes........ Just wear 'em out...maybe they'll give up.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Interesting that you bring that up. There is only one account. That one account, however, is only told through the mouth of the girl's Pastor.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This live broadcast today should be interesting-

After Sandy Hook: In Search Of Answers

After Sandy Hook:  In Search of Answers will be broadcast live from the New Haven’s Cooperative Arts & Humanities High School, on January 30th at 4pm.

The town meeting will be televised live by WTNH News 8 without commercial interruption and streamed live on www.WTNH.com. The event will be moderated by News 8 anchor, Keith Kountz. Viewers at home can join the discussion in real-time.

Source

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is my first time commenting on anything to do with Sandy Hook. It is an interesting article because they actually went there and documented it. There are a lot of questions...but let me interject with something.

I have been in combat...I was in the infantry and work as a cop currently. When I have to fight someone on the street..I often suffer from what is called auditory exclusion..or tunnel vision. This is extremely normal in high stress situations. Lets entertain the idea that there was one shooter who came in to shoot many children and himself in however many minutes. Can you imagine the chaos? Cops often have to treat every person as a suspect on scene. People may have ran out and tried running from the police in confusion...thus police may have tackled innocents on scene to later realize they were just confused. Combat is chaos...it would have appeared there may have been more suspects on scene to witnesses.

We often do after action reviews of crazy situations ..usually in a group setting where we rehash what happened, and it is amazing what we all missed. I once was in a fight with someone who bit me on the job...during the entire fight he was screaming that he was a demon...I never heard it once...it was a fireman and 2 witnesses that heard the suspect yell this over and over. Imagine to my surprise and everyone else's when I stated I never heard that. Right there created 2 conflicting statements because I had auditory exclusion. I just simply never heard it.

I'm not saying either way what happened here....but I can tell you...combat is chaos...and high stress situations involve auditory exclusion, tunnel vision, and high heart rate which reduces fine motor skills. It would make me suspicious if there weren't any discrepancies. Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

the children would be terrified to return and who'd blame them? .. older kids can cope with things better than kids this young..

Yeah, all the kids I seen on interviews, news channels and being asked by reporters looked horrified to me...... All the laughing, smiling, joking, especially when they had them all on stage singing "somewhere over the rainbow".

Some of them even reported hearing the super scary sounds of somebody kicking a door or the janitor. Hmm, actually, I don't seem to remember even one kid being upset too much about any of it. Could be wrong though, just can't seem to remember any of the kids having difficult recounts about anything that happened.

Wonder why that is?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I concede that I do believe children did die there but I will absolutely question any parents or relatives that ran to any MSM outlet to do interviews immediately after the fact.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I thought this article regarding some first responders on the scene was an interesting read:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Good Post Op.

Now, I believe that those children died there, along with the teachers. I also believe that this was no "crazy kid with a gun". Why do I believe this? Lets look at some other fairly recent incidents of the government killing civilians and twisting the story to make themselves look good. We already saw Ruby Ridge, where a 14 year old boy was shot in the back by federal agents, then his mother was shot in the head while holding her baby. But, it was okay because they were white supremacists and conspiracy theorists. We also saw Waco (one of my earliest memories of the news). To anyone that doesn't believe that the Gov would do such a thing as Sandy Hook, I present to you the facts that 23 children and 56 adults were burned alive there. There is nothing that justifies burning 23 children alive, yet people seem to have forgotten that one.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The reason the school will remain closed and off limits until the dozers get there is the same as the embassy in Bengazi . If you hurry and destroy the evidence it is easier to cover up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join