It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Canadian Couple Visits Newtown, CT One Month After Shooting

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Interesting. Thank you kindly. This is not the purple van, though, right? The one with a nun and guys in ski masks?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thanks again! I must have heard wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
this place has some interesting stuff: www.insanemedia.net...

"Insanemedia: A couple of notes regarding this, we were also told that the man chased in the woods was Christopher Manfredonia, a parent who came to school this morning because he wanted to bake Gingerbread houses with his child:

“Chris Manfredonia’s 6-year-old daughter attends Sandy Hook Elementary. He was heading there Friday morning to help make gingerbread houses with first-graders when he heard popping sounds and smelled sulfur. He ran around the school trying to reach his daughter and was briefly handcuffed by police. He later found his child, who had been locked in a small room with a teacher.” – (LA Times)

The Intelhub reported Saturday, that after analyzing the timeline from ABC: “12:24 p.m.: Law enforcement agents with weapons drawn seen running into wooded area behind the school.”

This indicates that whoever was in the woods was there for 2 hours and 44 minutes after the attack! This makes the case that the person was hiding, as he clearly runs away in the video. If you were a father after the police arrived wouldn’t you want to ensure your child was safe? It appears that another man was also detained other than Christopher Manfredonia as we have witness accounts of two seperate people in cuffs."

I agree, what kind of dad protects his kid by running into the woods after the police have already secured the area?
edit on 2-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I don't think the above instances are funny at all. I think they are genuine concerns that most people are interested in finding the answers to.

Not sure where you think I laughed at any of these. I have no need to laugh at your feelings.

But you're illustrating exactly my point-all you have is gut feeling. In the nearly 2 months since this event, all of you 'investigators' have uncovered nothing to support these gut feelings.

The thing you dont seem to get is, just because people didnt react in the way that you think they should have, doesnt hold any water as evidence.

My gut is telling me that there's something very odd and suspicious about Gene Rosen.

And? This means nothing.

My gut is telling me that people who are suicidal don't shoot themselves in the face.

Pretty common, actually, but Id like to see some sources for this statement. Most the things I see say he shot himself in the head.

My gut is telling me that fathers have a difficult time finding their funny bones when their child has been murdered.

Your gut is wrong. People often laugh in difficult times. Especially when people around them are trying to lighten the mood. On top of that, I always notice the context of what he said in the interview is left otu when pointing out the laugh. They never mention that he came out and forgave the killer. They never mention that he had an extremely faithful outlook on the whole thing. That he was choosing to celebrate his daughter, and not just mourn her.

My gut is telling me that people usually don't have a difficult time remembering the gender of those they bring into their homes.

In moments of shock, again, its not that uncommon for details to get confused in ones head.

My gut is telling me that Lanza's father [or brother] should've made a statement to the community just as the victims' family members have done

Are you kidding me? Why should he have? the choice of privacy is one that all should be afforded.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

Thanks! This reminds me...

Any Film/Media buffs or actual film makers here on ATS?

I want to prove or de-bunk whether a green screen is being used here:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Nope different van........

I have seen the post about that video might have been a few hours later. IF it was anyone remember the photo of the rear of the Honda? Maybe they chased that reporter?

edit on 2-2-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: added info

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It certainly could be green screen. I have worked on a couple of green screen projects and from my experience, I would say that it is a definite possibility.

it is also highly possible, though, that what you see there is a result of changing the format of the video and losing video quality because of it.

Id love to see another format of the same video.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'm trying to find some more copies, myself. HD would help. Losing quality during upload is certainly a possibility. But I don't have experience in this field...yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111

I'm trying to find some more copies, myself. HD would help. Losing quality during upload is certainly a possibility. But I don't have experience in this field...yet.

Its truly tough to say-one would think that if it were green screen, a company like CNN would use high enough quality equipment to keep an anomaly like that from happening, as most poor effects like that come from poor equipment. But it is quite curious.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very good thread OP.

Ignore the emotionally pandering sensationalist detractors, their obstinate ignorance is too profound to waste one's time with. This event must be viewed with a clear head, and not clouded by emotions. Thousands, and thousands of children die every day all over the world, and yet there is no outcry; no one seems to care... There is nearly 800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year; or an average of 2,185 children reported missing each day. Yet there is no media frenzy, or outcry every time these children go missing....

Children are regularly interviewed by the news outlets in the case of murders; especially in third world country's, like Iraq; where they are often the witness to horrendous crimes against their family members by foreign nationals from our country's. The media has no trouble asking these children to describe what happened.....

We live in a sick society where more then 200,000 children are abducted by family members EVERY YEAR, and that is just in the United States. Where some lives are valued above others; where children in our country are somehow considered "more worthy" of living... Yet people are blown away by the idea that anyone in our sick society could conspire to fake something like this? Or to pull it off themselves, and try to frame up some one like Adam Lanza?

Most of all, the thing which I keep asking; what was the motive for Adam?

Why did he do it? If he did do it.... That should be the MOST important question right now; since if we don't find that out, how are we ever going to prevent this from happening again?

Just basing everything off this "lone crazed gunman" BS does nothing to clear up they "why".

link   

It's not. It's most likely a digital film error. In order for a green screen to cause that mistake either his nose would have to inexplicably turn green, OR there would have to be an inexplicable strip of green in the foreground which doesn't make sense because all of the green screen would be behind the actors.

Also why would they need to green screen that area in the first place? Why wouldn't he just go there?

These things pop up and distract. People should focus on the most curious aspect and go hard for answers. The most damning thing to me are the two people that ran through the woods. That's all that I want answered. Sure there are a few more weird things like showing footage of another school, never showing much of anything at the right school, and the interview with the principle after the fact, but the two runners are all I want to know about.

link   

He later found his child, who had been locked in a small room with a teacher.”

The police actually allowed this man into the school before they had secured it and accounted for everyone?
I find this completely unbelievable! Who trained these cops? Barney Fife?
If they really did let him into the school, wouldn't the crime scene be considered contaminated?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

He later found his child, who had been locked in a small room with a teacher.”

The police actually allowed this man into the school before they had secured it and accounted for everyone?
I find this completely unbelievable! Who trained these cops? Barney Fife?
If they really did let him into the school, wouldn't the crime scene be considered contaminated?

Thats not what it says at all. It says he found his child who had been hiding. It doesnt say he find his child who was hiding.

The child had been hiding, and thus, was later to be accounted for than others.

There is NO WAY they let this father wander the crime scene.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well since this thread seems to be all over the place why not post this here. Frank Harris III is chairman of the journalism department at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven. He wrote an article for the Hartford Courant explaining why the public should see the wounds done to these kids.

www.courant.com...
edit on 2-2-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Speaking of contamination...I'm trying to find something to confirm what I had read awhile back - that Adam Lanza's body was looked at by some people who were not authorized to be around the body?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You're going to attack everything I post, aren't you?
The way you interpret this is not the way I'm interpreting it.
It states that the father found his child in a small room with a teacher. If this wasn't at the firehouse, it must've been at the school. If the officials were doing their jobs properly, nobody should've found survivors before the police or fireman.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thanks, was not trying to derail anything. I just thought it looked suspicious.

Yes, I would like to know more about the janitor and the men in the woods.

The oblivious mishandling of evidence by authorities does not help, either.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thats not what it says at all. It says he found his child who had been hiding. It doesnt say he find his child who was hiding.

The child had been hiding, and thus, was later to be accounted for than others.

There is NO WAY they let this father wander the crime scene.

Are you accusing me of altering the text of an article?
This is the entire quote from the article dianashay posted above:

“Chris Manfredonia’s 6-year-old daughter attends Sandy Hook Elementary. He was heading there Friday morning to help make gingerbread houses with first-graders when he heard popping sounds and smelled sulfur. He ran around the school trying to reach his daughter and was briefly handcuffed by police. He later found his child, who had been locked in a small room with a teacher.” – (LA Times)

(emphasis mine)

edit on 2-2-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by Afterthought

Speaking of contamination...I'm trying to find something to confirm what I had read awhile back - that Adam Lanza's body was looked at by some people who were not authorized to be around the body?

I hadn't heard that and would be very interested in seeing what supposedly happened there.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Fascinating. Not to derail the thread, but to add context, I will post this article about how they are considering the release of the photos of Osama Bin Laden's deceased body to silence doubters.
Source

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join