It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling a new generation on guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Taiguey,

On behalf of the Turabo Taino Indian Nation in Puerto Rico and the United States I would like to welcome you to our official website. We are located in our ancestral homeland in the mountains of Boriken (Puerto Rico) and are the current land holders of land within the old Royal Delgado Land Grant.

Our fearless warriors fought the onslaught of the Spanish in defense of our mountain homeland and families. King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain granted the descendants of Don Sebastian Delgado our current land allowing us to remain on our ancient family land which was under our Taino Indian care since before the arrival of the Spanish.

Therefore we rightfuly claim that we are the unconquered Taino Indian's of Puerto Rico. Passed down from generation to generation our oral history tells us we are the people of the Turabo River Valley, a clan of warriors and are the descendants of the Taino Indians who inhabited and ruled this ancient territory prior to the arrival of Spanish Colonizers.

The Delgado family history is that of generations of warriors, from the time of the first rebellion against Spain, throughout every battle and war that Spain and then the United States have been involved in, and to this day we serve with honor in the United States Military. We hold fast to our ancient warrior duties and code of honor that has been handed down in our family.

Please take some time to browse through this site to learn more about the Turabo Taino Indian Nation in Puerto Rico as well as the services we provide to enrolled members.

TainoTi,

Principal Chief Carmen Delgado Baguanamey

Source

If ignorance is bliss you must be very happy

Perhaps you should get back your familiy on the idea of making accusations without checking your facts. This is because not only does it make you look like an IDIOT!!! But as well those who support you.

This is the current Taino web ring

Any thoughts?

edit on 31-1-2013 by Kashai because: added content

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
In relation to the other responses after that obvious effort at slander.....

You should have checked your facts as well....

Uploaded on Jun 5, 2009
2008 in Caguana

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As far as the behavior of animals in the wild this is part of the basis for eugenics. As it is obvious people tend to jump to conclusions and in relation to those conclusions. There are labels often placed upon the objects of there aggression. Ignorance lends to stereotypes as well as conclusions that have no basis whatsoever with respect to the real world.

As we are today the idea of being diagnosed as mentally ill is turning into a stereotype. This is where people are denied, insulted all because ignorance in some trumps common sense.

Deny Ignorance....

Any thoughts?

PS: I wish to take this opportunity to thank all other members for responding.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Kashai because: added content

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Firstly, as someone stated, a diagnosis of a psychiatric disorder does not mean the person will commit any violent act. Many people can have the same diagnosis and only one may become violent. And not every person who commits a violent act has any sort of psychiatric disorder. So, I think the entire idea of dna screening is pointless.

Secondly, just based on my experience, the kids involved in groups who are learning things like gun safety normally aren't the unsupervised, troubled, Ritalin-ed up kids. I am very much in favor of teaching children responsible gun ownership and gun safety.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Momto2
Firstly, as someone stated, a diagnosis of a psychiatric disorder does not mean the person will commit any violent act. Many people can have the same diagnosis and only one may become violent. And not every person who commits a violent act has any sort of psychiatric disorder. So, I think the entire idea of dna screening is pointless.

Secondly, just based on my experience, the kids involved in groups who are learning things like gun safety normally aren't the unsupervised, troubled, Ritalin-ed up kids. I am very much in favor of teaching children responsible gun ownership and gun safety.

Today DNA screening is a part of pre-natal care if that is what one wants and it is actually more along the lines of 1 in 5 million. That does not change the issue of the stigma and the potential abuse that such a social label would potentially entail. A psychotic person who is incapable of murder has the right to kill people who have entered his or her property, with the intent to do harm.

We are already talking about taking this right away from them....

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by Momto2

Today DNA screening is a part of pre-natal care if that is what one wants and it is actually more along the lines of 1 in 5 million. That does not change the issue of the stigma and the potential abuse that such a social label would potentially entail. A psychotic person who is incapable of murder has the right to kill people who have entered his or her property, with the intent to do harm.

We are already talking about taking this right away from them....

Any thoughts?

I absolutely agree with you. I don't believe we can make assumptions about anyone based on their dna, particularly legal assumptions. And yes, everyone has the same legal rights until they prove through their actions (not their dna) that they have forfeited those rights. That's why I'm not so sure I agree even with the whole mental health evaluations or doctors reporting to background checks. Because where is that line drawn and who decides who is healthy and who isn't? Except in extreme situations (which laws for those already exist), it is purely interpretation of the doctor whether someone is "fit" or not. I was on antidepressants for one year due to what was diagnosed as an anxiety issue. (I later figured out I have adrenal issues that can be taken care of through natural means, not drugs) Who is to say some mental health law can't eventually exclude me from gun ownership because of my past history of using antidepressants? Too much pre-judging.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Momto2

I worked two years in a psychiatric emergency room when I was in college. In the outpatient department there was this male patient who was doing very well. He had been admired for a time but he was then living on his own, had a good paying job and a girlfriend. To the best of our knowledge he had never had engaged in violent behavior. The girlfriend was aware of his condition and actually was very supportive to him in that regard.

They ended up moving in together.

One day the girlfriend comes home from seeing her doctor and tells the young man that she is pregnant. To make a long story short he killed the girlfriend. And now is a permanent resident, of a facility for the criminally insane because of what he did to her body.

Things like this really happen and that is what makes this problem so difficult.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I bet there are more kids that accidentally shoot themselves or others than kids that go on mass shooting sprees. I think all kids should be taught how to handle guns properly.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Kashai

I bet there are more kids that accidentally shoot themselves or others than kids that go on mass shooting sprees. I think all kids should be taught how to handle guns properly.

In Columbine I do believe all the shooters were teenagers though for the most part the issue has been with adults. With respect to inner city America kids are used as assassins because they do not get life in prison for murder. I really do not have a problem with teaching children the proper and safe way to handle a rifle, or a hand gun if they are strong enough.

The social issues though can seemingly be overwhelming and we should consider that we are all in this
together. Allowing individuals that are not “normal” to survive puts everyone at risk, not allowing them to survive is unethical.

All of these adults who committed these murders in recent years were once children, in truth what has happened recently in unprecedented

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by Momto2

I worked two years in a psychiatric emergency room when I was in college. In the outpatient department there was this male patient who was doing very well. He had been admired for a time but he was then living on his own, had a good paying job and a girlfriend. To the best of our knowledge he had never had engaged in violent behavior. The girlfriend was aware of his condition and actually was very supportive to him in that regard.

They ended up moving in together.

One day the girlfriend comes home from seeing her doctor and tells the young man that she is pregnant. To make a long story short he killed the girlfriend. And now is a permanent resident, of a facility for the criminally insane because of what he did to her body.

Things like this really happen and that is what makes this problem so difficult.

It is difficult. We can't punish people because of what we don't know if they will do or not. It's hard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join