It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 endangered Pygmy Elephants found dead, believed poisoned. WARNING very sad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The headline to the story was "Elephant calf tries to wake dead mother"

Over the past 3 weeks 10 of these extremely rare animals have turned up dead.
They are only found on the island of Borneo here in Malaysia and its believed that less than 1500 are left in the wild.

I didnt even know Malaysia had elephants, what a horrible way to find out

Not much more to say on this other than if they were poisoned I cant think of a cruel enough punishment for those who did it.

The article I first saw this on didnt have much info

Article

I found this one which has a bit more

Article

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

This is so sad : (

My best mate is the head Elephant keeper at Australia Zoo, on the Sunshine Coast here.
So, being able to go behind the scenes and not only paly but get to know the Ele's there this story hits hard to home and the image with it makes me even more upset.

What could possibly motivate someone to do this?
Maybe it was from enviromental polloution??

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is absolutely heartbreaking. Elephants are such beautiful, graceful creatures.

“we highly suspect” the animals died due to poisoning after finding severe ulceration and bleeding in their digestive tracts.

F$#@ing appalling

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The intense emotion I see displayed in elephants when they interact has lead me, long ago, to realise they are a highly intelligent and social animal.

And bloody humans treat them as items to take from.

And here, for no apparent reason?

Absolutely heart breaking.

Sometimes, more often these days, I think humanity is the one that should be in a zoo. Not so other creatures can laugh and throw bananas at us.. but so that we cannot harm everything else.

This reminds me of the wild horses up north in an outback community that were beaten with barbed wire and attacked by local kids.

What are we turning into... I watch things like Spartacus with all it's implied barbarous history, and realise we've not evolved at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Very sad. I wonder how many creatures we will have helped eliminate before our species is gone? Ignorance, greed.

top topics

join