It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Philippines

The files look as if they were purposely made and it is also standard operating procedure that such an Op would NEVER have been typed, written down or exist as a computer file.

Such an Op would be compartmentalized to such an extent that even those who were to take part would not know the others involved.

These files are a hoax.

Split Infinity

What files are you talking about? The release spreading from the hacker (couple hundred mb), or are your referring to the email image shown on articles? The email is pretty vague. I understand what you're saying, just like I read the email as having a clear message but no specific details.

There are hundreds of files that were released. Including contracts, proposals, service agreements, at least 50 passport scans, operating procedures, and a lot lot more information that does correlate to the real world, indicating that a lot of this could be real.

If this is a hoax, it would be a damn good one where the purpose is to burn britam along with other companies like halliburton, kbr, and other contractors involved in the MidEast.. Assuming 95% of it is true and 5% disinfo

Just my opinion

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

If you were to google this you would be able to see a host of files.

Something like this would never be something that would be traceable and the people who would do something like this are way too good at their jobs to allow something like this to happen.

This is a hoax and as history has shown...Hoaxers can get very creative...especially when certain governments are paying them to be so.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm afraid I find it entirely too easy to believe the FSA terrorists would be more than willing and happy to do this themselves. After all, they've released videos of killing animals in home-made chem weapon tests already.

This also isn't some backwater country. This is a place with 10's of thousands of Russian citizens living there. The world may fall for it...but Putin sure wouldn't. An outside nation would NOT get away with a stunt like this. Too many eyes are on Syria and too many have directly conflicting agendas to ever joke about some wide spread cover-up of such a thing.

As much as some people hate Obama (He damn sure isn't on MY Christmas card list) He's almost certainly not a mass murderer in my opinion. It's a FAR cry from telling a General to have someone much further down the food chain run drones all over the place killing 'the enemy' where they find them. It's something a world apart to help plan out the cold slaughter of 10's of thousands in a single event. It just doesn't wash for me. If chem warheads should fall, I'd look REAL HARD at the FSA and call it their burden to prove they didn't do it. They've just made themselves too well known for any tactics and any means to win.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think this story is complete BS.

Just the wording in the email itself doesn't sound like two people chatting... Approved from Washington? LOL

Not to mention IM pretty sure its a war crime anywhere in the world, so who would be sending emails back and forth basically leaving a bread crumb trail to the people about to use chemical weapons? lol

Amazing how the random hacker, just happen to invade the correct company planning this apparent false flag event, and just happened to come across this smoking gun of an email.

R O F L

If anything id say the hacker "made this up"

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

"If this is a hoax, it would be a damn good one where the purpose is to burn britam along with other companies like halliburton, kbr, and other contractors involved in the MidEast.. Assuming 95% of it is true and 5% disinfo"

there are probably government hacking agencies (nsa) that do this crap to each other every day lol, to them its a joke

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

The TELL here is the list of companies that a person who is interested in vilifying because of what they have done in the past.

No way would this ever be in any form that someone could get at though computer hacking or otherwise.

It is a hoax.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Assad is nowhere near falling.. The rebels are running out of weapons and money right now and I think we can safely say that all the efforts of the West and their butt buddies in the Gulf are failing. The only thing that is falling in Syria is innocent peope being slaughtered.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Something like this would never be something that would be traceable and the people who would do something like this are way too good at their jobs to allow something like this to happen.

This is a hoax and as history has shown...Hoaxers can get very creative...especially when certain governments are paying them to be so.

Split Infinity

So I'm to assume you haven't read the files. There are at least 380 unique files. I am not arguing this could be a hoax, but there would be a LOT of information that is true, and perhaps the emails are false.

As for your claim of Britam etc. being "way too good at their jobs" -- doubtful. People make mistakes. Do you not believe in the Stratfor hack? How about those workers running USSC.gov that Anonymous hacked not once, but twice?

Since you think it is a hoax, what do you think would happen to this thread if some of those files were posted here? Do you think all of the files are hoaxed?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMandlebrot

I love how they have an open flame next to the explosive chemicals....

I love it when a plan comes together!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Daily Mail?

I suppose you people also believe bat boy served in Iraq and is now singing Karaoke in Vegas?

The Daily Mail is a mainstream newspaper, right wing, but mainstream.

Hardly on a par with America's National Enquirer, or other supermarket rags.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wow this is huge
Is this only showing on the dailymail?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
20 years ago, this would have been an outrage, it is now lost in the sea of information, questioned if its legit or an apathetic response. The Justice Department is so rigged now, like Fast and Furious NOTHING will happen and that my friends is demoralizing.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

such a war would result in economic collapse of most world governments.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)
Ummm......Ka-ching You-Sir get a golden star sticker for that sentence because the omelet requires that the eggs be.....broken and beaten. It's not amazing that when you control the recipe and the ingredients what illusion is...served up for consumption.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

Yes it is about OIL...but as far as this topic goes....

...if this action had actually occured the motive would be easily traced back to the U.S...thus there is almost a ZERO percent probability that this leak is a reality.

If by some chance this was the plan...THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL...that something this sensitive would be leaked.

Split Infinity

Yeah. And there is absolutely no way the EPA would create bogus secret email names and communicate on an unsecured email server about classified things either. Right?

www.politico.com...

“This reported
incident follows
similarly
secretive and highly questionable methods of
communication by senior officials at science agencies
within the White House, Department of Commerce (DOC),
and Department of Energy (DOE),” the Republicans said
in a news release. Committee Chairman Ralph Hall and
five other Republicans on the panel sent letters Friday to
the EPA, the White House and other agencies.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm no backer of US policy in the Middle East and I believe that Syria was destabilized from outside the country, like Egypt, Libya, Iraq etc., but having read the email in question, it is my opinion that it is a fake.

I can't believe that a subject like the one discussed in the email would be brought up in such a casual fashion and then discussed in such vague terms. Why would the writer elicit an opinion from a colleague or superior but supply no details (like price offered for the service) on which to form an opinion?

I think the scenario in the email is completely possible but I don't think it has really happened. I think this is disinformation, possibly pre-emptive disinformation, designed by forces working for Assad to cover the contingency of such a false flag attack in advance. Assad's people may be expecting such an attack and may want to get the information jump on it, or prevent it.

Or they may be planting a cover story for a chemical or biological attack that they themselves intend to launch.

My two cents worth.
edit on 30-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

LEAKED EMAIL: U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

www.dailymail.co.uk

Leaked emails from defense contractor refers to chemical weapons saying 'the idea is approved by Washington'
Obama issued warning to Syrian president Bashar al-Assad last month that use of chemical warfare was 'totally unacceptable'

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Tue Jan 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: BAN titles MUST be the same as the source

So it's a piece in the Daily Mail which says it got the information from infowars which received it from a hacker - of course it's obviously totally legitmate then.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Daily Mail?

I suppose you people also believe bat boy served in Iraq and is now singing Karaoke in Vegas?

Exactly. And their source is Alex Jones. And from this we jump to impeach Obama.

What are we just gullible? No I don't think that explains it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Assad regime will use every weapon in their arsenal and at their disposal IF they are certain that their regime will fall. They will likely attack Israel on the way out, Assad himself will likely seek immediate exile in Iran before ordering the "last stand" attacks. The world can speculate, and assess blame, but it wont make any difference.

Israel and the west had better be prepared for the worst if the situation deteriorates that far. There are elements in both the Iranian and Syrian regimes that desire this confrontation, despite how suicidal and insane that may sound.

IMO.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Split Infinity

This is what i found on PressTv

UK-Qatari plot against Syria revealed

I like to say also something bout many members here that always say Obama when a article says was approved by Washington.
i think that this Mr Obama doesn't see all that goes on in the CIA or FBI
So why always Obama this Obama that,lol
edit on 30-1-2013 by WhySoBlinded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The basis of this comes from Infowars.

I think that if the US was going to do a secret attack like this, there would not email the plan around. It just seem to stupid to me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join