It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You know...people only hear about the bad things as if things are done properly a person would never hear anything.

There are very good self sacrificing people who work out of Langley. You can't label everyone who does work for the Agency as bad...nor can you label every chief or action as bad.

The reality is the vast majority of BAD issues have occured due to the influence of Politicians.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

No...the reason why the Syrian Government has not fallen is the complete and utter ineptitude of European members of NATO.

I thought it was the veto of another "Libya in Syria" by the Chinese and Russians in the UN twice that drew this struggle out. NATO was prevented from bombing in support of the insurgents like they were in Libya. Thats why the protracted blood bath. And you are right. The stymied desire of the US to move swiftly was derailed and the ineptitude is thinking that they can win this way.

A guerrilla army can never hope to win the battle against a nations government without the support of the people. This has proven time and again in all insurgencies. See Castro's Cuba, Vietnam, the French resistance during WWII, etc.

Syrian Leadership is holding on to power through Military force and subjudication of the majority population by force. If the Europen Leaders had taken a different road of NATO involvement...the Syrian Leadership would have been long gone.

The leadership matter little compared to the ARMY. Thats like saying the US would "fall" if Obama were suddenly gone. That is ludicrous point of view that ASSAD is all that needs to change. ASSAD is only the scape goat. An entire nation has to be subjugated to take it, not just some figurehead. But I am sure you know that.

I am even more sure that you spout that as the "formula" to "help" Syria just like every other country the US has attacked over there. It will all be better if Saddam, UBL, Gaddafi, Mubarak, Assad, Adamenajad(?) were to just leave, right? Just one phase of a multi phase operation.

It is this lack of ability to pull the trigger all the way that gets more people killed as a quick and decisive Military Effort usually has less casualties than a long drawn out protracted limited war.

Pulling the trigger as you call it is illegal. There is no mandate. The mores of the aggressor are not valid. Get it?

Since the vast Majority of the Syrian Population is in revolt or supports it...if NATO were to do what is necessary...these actions would be supported by the Syrian Population and thus the Majority of people in the Middle East.

Rubbish. The Muslims are weary of us meddling in their affairs. Across the entire region. Just like Europe was tired of Hitler before WWII.

The overthrow of an entire nation is not accomplished by an insurgency. Just doesn't happen. The logistics are too one sided. Best they can hope to do is disrupt certain areas and kill some people to make it look like there is a much wider conflict in the media. The media is part of the plot and plays a primary role. Like right here.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I'm not gonna turn this thread into a debate with you about how the CIA is the good guys and derail it but I do agree there are good folks working within the agency who do believe they are doing their jobs to help protect their country and its citizens. There are good people everywhere but its clear the good guys are not running the show. That said, thanks to compartmentalization and black ops the CIA has and continues to do terrible things.

That's all there is to it, that's my opinion and I'll say no more about it in this thread. If you want you can create a Pro CIA thread to continue the discussion.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This info came from hacked emails.

Really... Swills? I bet you don't believe that either.

Well at least you admit you aren't sure.

I don't believe anything about this anymore. I believe like you that they are chomping at any excuse to go in as well. Its part of the overall plan, right?

Masters of the World, eh?

Deutschland ubbe alles?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is a video of FSA soldiers raiding a governmental chemical weapons depot, threatening to kill Naseeriyah, leader of the Alawite sect, and displaying they can make rabbits pass out/die by exposing them to the agents.

On a comedic note, i swear one of the lines in the arabic song playing in the video sounds like "the milk the milk".

Here is a video of the FSA raiding a building in Safira, a town rumored to be where a lot of chemical weapons are stored.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You are looking at this as if the Syrian Government and actions of it's Army are supported by the Syrian People...they are not.

The only ones supporting such actions are the people who are tied to the leadership by either ancient tribe or payroll.

The Europeans could under the context of the U.N. resolutions end this war very quickly but have chosen not to do so as some NATO countries have vested intrerests in Syria.

Muslims are not all so Anti-America or Anti-West as one would think. The vast majority of Muslims are just people trying to make a living with the same hopes and dreams we have.

The issue is these people being afraid to confront their Governments but this is changing. The U.S. has both good and bad history in this part of the World as the U.S. was fighting a Cold War and the Middle Eastern Oil Supplies were the goal of both the CCCP and the U.S.

Still...if one were to talk to the average Muslim Family they would say they don't like the U.S. Policies but as for the Freedoms and Rights that the U.S. stands for..they are all in.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I was trying to bring into light that it is not the People who work at the Agency but the Politicians who sway the Agency that is the problem.

The CIA is just a tool. A Hammer can be used to build something that will protect the builder as well as being a tool that can kill the builder.

It is all about who is holding the Hammer.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well as far as the news goes since this story came out it is indeed from hacked emails. Perhaps other sources are chirping in but are you saying the hackers are really just CIA front men or something & that the US Govt wants this info leaked to the world that its setting up Syria with CH? Or are you misreading me?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The one thing I was taught about my sometimes JOB is that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is an Op enacted or even considered if a MOTIVE can be traced back to it.

Unless of course it is deemed necessary for "Humanitarian" reasons like all_the_time. If it is public knowledge and in fact turned into an indoctrination by repeated propaganda...

Like they been trying to do all along. Going on since the first Gulf War?

I take it back further than that. Middle east Oil is an issue thats been fought over for decades. Google the reason for Rommel's push in Africa for the Arabian desert through Africa and the English and American battle that stopped it from coming to fruition. The prize for the Germans was the vast oil reserves in the Arabian "Peninsula". Just like the German push into Russia proper was an advance for the Caucuses oil fields.

In the western pacific the Japanese started world war Japan because of the Dutch East Indies oil fields for their war machine too.

Its always been about the freakin oil. I'm so sick of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yes, I believe the FSA will end up using chemical weapons blaming it on the regime, as shown in the video i posted in my last post, but this is from Alex Jones, the guy everyone on ATS was outing as a product of disinformation two days ago. We need to start looking for more credible sources.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

A tool I'd like to see retired one day.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes it is about OIL...but as far as this topic goes....

...if this action had actually occured the motive would be easily traced back to the U.S...thus there is almost a ZERO percent probability that this leak is a reality.

If by some chance this was the plan...THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL...that something this sensitive would be leaked.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You say that but believe me...you would not wish to see the results.

There will ALWAYS be a need for this tool. It is used every day and it keeps us safe.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well as far as the news goes since this story came out it is indeed from hacked emails. Perhaps other sources are chirping in but are you saying the hackers are really just CIA front men or something & that the US Govt wants this info leaked to the world that its setting up Syria with CH? Or are you misreading me?

I don't know about the source of this info any more than anyone else at this point. If the diggers on ATS are even having trouble (and I trust their judgment) then my assertion that the "SYRIAN government gets blamed for WMD excuse to invade" option is still valid.

That has been the trend hasn't it? To declare an "Intervention" on "Humanitarian" grounds (as usual)?

Maybe I have been missing something but I believe that has been the game plan all along.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I always kind of laugh when people say that the US is just 'looking for a reason to go to war' or something similar like that.

They don't need a reason. Obama can send special forces to every corner of the planet and murder whoever he wants without ever having to tell anybody.

This is all just political fodder. There's something else going on, it's not in Syria, it's not in Iran either from what I gather. I think something else is brewing in Afghanistan or Iraq. They've shifted the focus out of there for a reason.

They could have removed Assad overnight had they applied to proper resources and planning. To think that the most effective military in the world could do anything short of that is sort of silly. As much as I hate that idea, it's true.

So on this whole Syria thing. Assad has CW, we know this, he got them from Hussein after we left his weapons caches unattended after invasion, just like we did in Libya. Other than the ones that Hussein probably had transferred himself before the invasion.

Assad isn't stupid enough to use CW. He knows that would spell the END of his regime almost overnight.

So that leaves only two options. Either they don't get used at all, or somebody else uses one and then blames the Assad regime.

Either way, we are going to fed lies about it.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You guys seem to have endless reserves for this. I get tired easier these days. Thanks for your time. I'm out.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Ironic how people are so quick to jump on this wagon while ignoring anything that comes out in the same manner against Syria or Iran.

This is completely different, therefore you are wrong. The fact that we are "jumping on this wagon" is because there is the possibility to reveal to the masses just how American foreign policy really operates, instead of how it is presented. What comes out against Syria and Iran, in light of what we are discussing, is given even more reason to be questioned.

If the US government would use chemical weapons, killing innocent people overseas and blaming it on another country, do you think they will suddenly have a change of heart when it comes to what they tell everyone? What I mean is if they will go so far as to kill innocent civilians, they will have no problem lying to everyone regarding what is actually occurring in Syria and Iran. Bush also said that Hussein had stockpiles of chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, even going so far as to lie directly to the UN by saying they had loads of intel to back this up.

This is basically policy, business as usual. And lying about other countries and lying about their own actions, the US government has done it for decades. So I will continue to question every single thing that the government or Obama says regarding any other country, especially if that country is hated by Israel. I say that because the Israeli lobbying presence regarding Israel's Arab enemy states in the US is phenomenal.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You should question everything as it is not only an American Citizens right but duty.

This supposed leak about the U.S. using Chemical Weapons is unrealistic. The U.S. really has no need and it is something that is so dicey that I do not believe any U.S. Agency would get involved in it.

Also the fact that this was leaked shows me just how much of a fake it is as something like this would NEVER be leaked.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You should question everything as it is not only an American Citizens right but duty.

This supposed leak about the U.S. using Chemical Weapons is unrealistic. The U.S. really has no need and it is something that is so dicey that I do not believe any U.S. Agency would get involved in it.

Also the fact that this was leaked shows me just how much of a fake it is as something like this would NEVER be leaked.

Split Infinity

Something like this would never be leaked? Or it is a controlled release of real (perhaps dis)information?

Did you download the files to examine them for yourself or just speculating that something like this would never be leaked? Never is a pretty strong word =b

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

The files look as if they were purposely made and it is also standard operating procedure that such an Op would NEVER have been typed, written down or exist as a computer file.

Such an Op would be compartmentalized to such an extent that even those who were to take part would not know the others involved.

These files are a hoax.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join