It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Weapons Waste in Your Water Bottle, Hip Replacement, Baby’s Toys, Jungle Gym?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Department of Energy has a problem with their nuclear waste disposal. They have too much waste so they came up with an idea.... Somebody very smart said ... Why can't we recycle like everyone else? It seemed like a good idea at the time. But all of a sudden another very smart person remembered that waste from a nuclear facility might be radioactive and that might be bad for people and the environment.

Luckily we are blessed to have our fearless leaders look out for us so they decided that all they need to do is raise the limit of acceptable exposure dose and put a limit on the amount of scrap material allowed to be sold, and assure people that it won't have an effect on peoples health.

As waste were piling up they raised it again, and again. They also assured the public that they will clean the material before selling the scrap for recycling but it turned out to be too expansive. And that is why they are thinking about deregulating waste disposal.

The growing global threat of radioactive scrap metal

The discovery of radioactive metal tissue boxes at U.S. Bed, Bath & Beyond stores in January highlighted one of the topics drawing world leaders to a nuclear security meeting in Seoul, South Korea, on Monday and Tuesday.
-----
"The major risk we face in our industry is radiation," said Paul de Bruin, radiation-safety chief for Jewometaal Stainless Processing, one of the world's biggest stainless-steel scrap yards. "You can talk about security all you want, but I've found weapons-grade uranium in scrap. Where was the security?"

Nuclear Weapons Waste in Your Water Bottle, Hip Replacement, Baby’s Toys, Jungle Gym?

Even the deregulation-happy Wall St. Journal sounded shocked: “The Department of Energy is proposing to allow the sale of tons of scrap metal from government nuclear sites — an attempt to reduce waste that critics say could lead to radiation-tainted belt buckles, surgical implants and other consumer products.”

Government to Dispose of Radioactive Waste By Putting It In Our SILVERWARE

But the Department of Energy – the agency which is responsible for the design, testing and production of all U.S. nuclear weapons, promotes nuclear energy as one of its core functions, which has been covering up nuclear accidents for decades, and has used mutant lines of human cells to promote voodoo, anti-scientific arguments – proposes letting radiation into our silverware.

But I am less concerned about ever since I found out that radiation is good for people.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am going to read this in between calls in the office, interesting share for sure

But damn I hate Ann Coulter

Succubus-she-devil

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is why I really hope some breakthrough with technology in the energy field comes out. Nuclear energy really does worry me, and seriously threatens the survival of ALL life on this planet.

Stupid greedy humans never learn. All those failed attempts at trying to properly dispose of high-level radioactive waste. We have already contaminated the environment enough times. TIME TO MOVE ON.

At least they haven't built any new nuclear power plants recently.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

this is alarming to hear. the worst part people wont get angry because they will actual belive that because the safty level was rasied theres no problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
I am going to read this in between calls in the office, interesting share for sure

But damn I hate Ann Coulter

Succubus-she-devil

I can't stand her... Maybe she just needs a little more radiation in her diet?

top topics

join