It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia man guns down immigrant after GPS sends him to wrong driveway

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"WSB-TV’s Tony Thomas reported that Sailors was a war veteran and a former church missionary."

guess they left out former racists as well lol. i hope he gets to be bubbas Gf for the rest of his life lol.

so by former missionary , was it when he showed up in his kkk outfit for sunday church they told him it was time to give up?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

That's an incredibly light bond for Georgia. I had a family member get arrested for about a half ounce of pot (misdemeanor at the time) and a little bit of Meth (felony) back in the mid nineties. First offender too bond was $5k.

Two possible ideas here. The first is that there is some information that the bonding judge has that hasn't been released or reported as stated by goofyfoot.

The second is it might be due to his age and some underlying medical conditions. The county becomes liable for any medical treatments needed while jailed. I know of a person in a town not far from Atlanta that can pretty much walk down the street smoking a joint and the cops will just make him throw it away. He requires dialysis and if he's in jail the county has to pay for his treatment. Better to let him out on a low bond and let his Medicare take care of it, maybe.

I'm leaning toward the first assumption but the second wouldn't surprise me.

It looks like your second guess was right.

“Mr. Sailors is not a flight risk,” Puglise says. “A 70-year-old man is not a flight risk. He has lived at the same property for 33 years. He has medical issues and rest assured Mr. Sailors is going to continue to cooperate with the district attorney’s investigation.” Puglise previously told NBC

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Disregarding any discussion about guns, that's seriously unlucky for the Cuban guy. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time - even in his own home!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
"WSB-TV’s Tony Thomas reported that Sailors was a war veteran and a former church missionary."

guess they left out former racists as well lol. i hope he gets to be bubbas Gf for the rest of his life lol.

so by former missionary , was it when he showed up in his kkk outfit for sunday church they told him it was time to give up?

Really? Bringing race into it already? So if the kids at his house were Anglo then he would have reacted differently? What an asinine post. Please tell me where any reporting on this story has racial bias involved.....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
Disregarding any discussion about guns, that's seriously unlucky for the Cuban guy. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time - even in his own home!

You should really read the story...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
He needs to fire his defense attorney...from a link posted earlier...

Puglise said the neighborhood has become a hot spot for gang and drug activity and all that factored into Sailors' decision to run outside with his gun.

That makes it aggression, not self-defense.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
He needs to fire his defense attorney...from a link posted earlier...

Puglise said the neighborhood has become a hot spot for gang and drug activity and all that factored into Sailors' decision to run outside with his gun.

That makes it aggression, not self-defense.

The kid was inside the car trying to drive away when he got shot.

From the eyewitness accounts of the other kids in the car, they never got out of the car...they guy just started shooting.

His defense is very very weak....hopefully he rots in jail for being a paranoid idiot with a gun.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't know yet what happened with this old guy, I would like to know. Gun people will wait for the investigation before we condemn based on a bias article. Oh and like the police are going to just rely on the comments from the persons in the car alone, NOT.
Would anyone expect them to admit they were there to kill and rob if they were?

You know I have got to disagree with the idea some have here in scaring or letting the scum bags, who invaded a home, get away. I think it is wrong to let them move on to my neighbors, family, or friends house. I think the only non-repeat offender is a dead offender.
I know, I know people make mistakes and deserve a 4000th chance and all that hoopla, but make a mistake at my house and that could be their last.

Only the fear of dying will keep the bad guys away.

It is harsh but a criminal is aware they can get the death penalty at the hand of a citizen for stealing or catching them raping a wife or child. I for one will never allow them to get away. I would be glad to face a jury and tell them they are welcome for not having to be a victim of this particular criminal. I could not let them go and get my Mother or yours. I can live with what I had to do, but I could not knowing I let them go and get your family and friends.

If I catch someone red handed in my fenced in yard stealing from me, or any criminal act. I will drop them forever. I might loose sleep over it for awhile, but that is a small price to pay for doing my duty as a citizen. They know the risk and so do I. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to, but I must. Crime must be taken out, all the way out. Scared straight for real.

One has got to have good trigger restraint for sure. It might be your own child sneaking in or out of the house. We are Judge/Jury/Executioner so be careful. know your target.

Do you think the police like getting the scum bags locked up, just to have them released to do it again and again and again?

I might not pull my AK but my 9mm would be in hand.

The idea of hiding and pulling out a phone is dangerous. I will never understand why people who know the police are not there to protect them, only to do the paper work on the incident, would want to just sit, and wet their man panties as victim.

Sure I will hit 911, toss the phone down and take care of business. I want it on record i called the cops.

And when they ask why I shot them in the back 9 times while they were running in my home, in the middle of the night, I will say because the panty wetters put a ban on my high capacity magazines so i was limited.

We all wish the world was peaceful, but it is not.

Letting them get away will never stop crime. But weeding them out of society permanently will.

Also there are some who shoot first and don't give a crap enough to even ask any questions.

Well i guess I would question one of the officers to refer me to a good cleaning agency for this kind of mess.
And the police around here would be glad to give one.

I am sure soon they will be showing 10 year old photos of the persons in the car.
You know how it works.

Oh and I am not for the Right or the Left.

We can have peace when the weeding is done.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

This is just one more unfortunate case of America's gun culture. This is also an example as to why "shoot them" is not always the answer. Just because a car pulls up in your driveway, it doesn't mean they are there to kill/attack/rob you.

This is where mental health and gun ownership collide...this man wasn't clinically insane...but he did share a common trait among gun owners and that is extreme and illogical paranoia. This man's paranoia drove him to murder an innocent man.

If you are that paranoid that everyone is out to get you, the last thing you should have is a gun in your possession.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

So about most everyone at ATS shouldn't own a gun...OMG

Please this is southern redneck stupidity, not all paranoid conspiracy theorists will shoot first ask questions later...dumb dumb dumb dumb and dumb.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Oh wait. It IS happening all the time. Unfortunately this kind of thing is so common that it really makes it past the local news - if it even makes the local news.

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by xedocodex

This is where mental health and gun ownership collide...this man wasn't clinically insane...but he did share a common trait among gun owners and that is extreme and illogical paranoia.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

yea with over 300 million privately owned guns, and with a common trait being what you suggested you'd think this would happen all the time...

OH wait thats because the majority of private gun owners are responsible and "sane", this is no different than allowing crazy grand pa to drive his caddy down to the local market and take out a crowd when he misplaces the gas for break.

But again I guess you just exhibit that common information Bias that seems to plague anti gun people (i mean since we are throwing around generalities and all.)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

" if the kids at his house were Anglo "

gee i guess we wont know SINCE THEY WERENT

"Please tell me where any reporting on this story has racial bias involved"

when you read a story you gather information out of it and make a decision, unless your just one of those idiots who does what the tv tells them to do and believes everything they read?

the man ran outside, RAN OUTSIDE and continued to keep shooting even as the kid was TRYING TO PULL AWAY

now going back and checking the story again , the man is white, yes im pretty damn sure if they were white it would have gone down differently.

p.s i am also bone white so not a minority trying to make it out to something its not, its just an old white racist man from the south. everyone wants the story to be about guns cause its HAWT, but really this story has been going on for a while now down there, its called RACISM,
edit on 4-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by Vasa Croe

" if the kids at his house were Anglo "

gee i guess we wont know SINCE THEY WERENT

"Please tell me where any reporting on this story has racial bias involved"

when you read a story you gather information out of it and make a decision, unless your just one of those idiots who does what the tv tells them to do and believes everything they read?

the man ran outside, RAN OUTSIDE and continued to keep shooting even as the kid was TRYING TO PULL AWAY

now going back and checking the story again , the man is white, yes im pretty damn sure if they were white it would have gone down differently.

p.s i am also bone white so not a minority trying to make it out to something its not, its just an old white racist man from the south. everyone wants the story to be about guns cause its HAWT, but really this story has been going on for a while now down there, its called RACISM,
edit on 4-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

So if we are to derive our own conclusions from a story, there have been a few accounts of this story....which one should I use? There is another account that there were 2 kids snooping around the back door...if someone was snooping around your back door would you invite them in for a snack?

It was late at night and as another poster researched, there were no ice skating rinks in the area that would have been open, which is what these kids said they were going to do. Not sure what your agenda is but it clearly is not to actually put some thought into what has been written in the news stories that are out there. If anything you have jumped to conclusions based on your bias and opinion of people in the south.

Oh.....and I still fail to see where you pointed out any part of the reported story where this man is portrayed as racist in any way, except for the conclusions you are drawing because the kid was not white. Every story about him says how he was active in the community and had done numerous missions to help families in poor countries.
edit on 2/5/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I fail to see why people have ignored or not read the post linked about, where the District Attorney made a statement linked in the article:

Gwinnett District Attorney Danny Porter said he knows
little about the facts of this case but said, if deadly forced
is used to protect yourself or your home “there has to be
some reasonable belief that you’re about to suffer death
or great bodily injury to prevent the commission of a
forcible felony.”

“A lot of it’s going to depend on what happened out
there,” Porter said. “I know 911 was called. But I don’t
know who called it, or when.”

That would be the guy *prosecuting* the case.

If the DA is not jumping to conclusions about race or insanity, or "gun nuts", I don't understand where all of these knee-jerk reactions are coming from?

I also posted a message explaining that you should certainly not be relying on one article for the support of witness testimony, especially when it is coming from the people *INVOLVED*.

As was already pointed out, if they were there to commit a crime, would they admit it? NO!

All of this tengential thinking does is distract from the *facts* as they are given, and half of which cannot be believed, which are brought forth by the media.

The only things you can believe are direct quotes and findings in the case, and most certainly the quotes from those involved should be taken with a grain of salt.

Critical thinking should surely be used, and stories from all sides should be compiled, as somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Finding it, without personal bias, is the goal. How many are capable of doing that?

gwinnett.patch.com...
edit on 5-2-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA link

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join