It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheating in the Election...Before the Election?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is really starting to make me mad. Many people on the left, as well as some people on the right even are ALREADY beginning to file their law suits for election fraud!!!! THE ELECTION HASN'T EVEN STARTED!!!!! The worst thing is, people will believe this B.S!!! They've already made up ways that the president has cheated, and are going to use them after the election. How can people possibly believe them!? Good lord, the fact that they're making up ways that the president cheated before he even gets a chance to cheat should say a lot about these people. Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think the whole election process needs to be redone...
the two party system
the voting system
the electoral college
just everything because what we have now is obviously not working

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"Cheating" is synonymous with "Diebold".

"Fraud" is synonymous with "Bush administration".

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think we should scrap the whole electronic voting system. No paper trails, can easily be faked, and it could always be open to some cracker somewhere. Every state should accept a PAPER ballet, that are ALL exactly the same, no Butterfly Ballots or whatever Florida used last election. It should be run by a 3rd Party observer, meaning from the EU, or Canada.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
"Cheating" is synonymous with "Diebold".

"Fraud" is synonymous with "Bush administration".

Yup! CLinton had the most ethical administration in history huh?

How many indictments did Reno hand down? Ashcroft?

Your statement is extremely biased but at least your consistant, then again my statements are biased and consistant also....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I think we should scrap the whole electronic voting system. No paper trails, can easily be faked, and it could always be open to some cracker somewhere. Every state should accept a PAPER ballet, that are ALL exactly the same, no Butterfly Ballots or whatever Florida used last election. It should be run by a 3rd Party observer, meaning from the EU, or Canada.

I do agree with you about the electronic voting system. VERY BAD. All you need is one good hacker...there goes the election. But hey, most computer hackers are liberal anyway, so that's a good thing for you!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
THE ELECTION HASN'T EVEN STARTED!!!!!

Actually, yes, it already has started.

Hear about what's going on in Florida? Or in New Mexico (or is it Nevada?) with the absentee ballots? Or in Ohio?

If shady stuff is going on now, 'when the election hasn't even started,' I can see why they are getting ready to challenge the final vote result after the election. All these people committing voter fraud already should be JAILED.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

THE ELECTION HASN'T EVEN STARTED!!!!!

Actually, yes, it already has started.

Hear about what's going on in Florida? Or in New Mexico (or is it Nevada?) with the absentee ballots? Or in Ohio?

If shady stuff is going on now, 'when the election hasn't even started,' I can see why they are getting ready to challenge the final vote result after the election. All these people committing voter fraud already should be JAILED.

My apologies. I actually heard the report of the fraud about a week or so ago. I failed to remember that people are already voting in advance. But still, these people were already planning to call it foul before the voting started.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

But still, these people were already planning to call it foul before the voting started.

I guess they're smart, since apparently what they thought would happen, has been happening

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The Republicans have already started challenging some of the "absentee votes" in the auditors offices, in the states that has started their voting this month and they plan to do the same at the voting polls, thats why there will be Pro-Visional ballots for the voter to use, if the Republicans challenge the voter's "right" to vote.

WE plan to protect the voter and their right to vote, this election. We're not planning on letting Bush & thugs, cheat the people out of their vote this time,.............. like they did in Florida 2000. We've got some of the bases covered,.......... maybe not all,.......... but we're going to do our best to see Bush out of office, through the people and by the people of the United States and the Duty Elected President John Kerry seated into the White House come Nov. 2, 04

You "righties" can sling all the BS you want but it's not going to help Bush
,...... in the long run.

You all can blame George, Jeb, and the other thugs for the way this is election is turning out right now, if they hadn't pulled the stealing of votes in Florida in 2000, barred voters rights to vote ( the blacks and othe minorities), stopped the voters from voting,............ then this WOULD NOT be happening this Election.

If you think you need to blame someone that deserves to be blamed,......... BLAME THE BUSHES and their CO-CONSPIRATORS for messing with our elections, their to blame and no one elses,

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is from a thread I started earlier today, a good piece of video too.
the point is these machines already have votes for Bush on them

This is turning out to be really weird can the Bush Brothers get away with this, is it true for that matter.

CONGRATULATIONS, MR. PRESIDENT!
FLORIDA'S COMPUTERS HAVE ALREADY COUNTED THOUSANDS OF VOTES FOR GEORGE W. BUSH

Before one vote was cast in early voting this week in Florida, the new touch-screen computer voting machines of Florida started out with a several-thousand vote lead for George W. Bush. That is, the mechanics of the new digital democracy boxes "spoil" votes at a predictably high rate in African-American precincts, effectively voiding enough votes cast for John Kerry to in a tight race, keep the White House safe from the will of the voters.

Excerpted from the current (November) issue of Harper's Magazine
by Greg Palast

To understand the fiasco in progress in Florida, we need to revisit the 2000 model, starting with a lesson from Dick Carlberg, acting elections supervisor in Duval County until this week. "Some voters are strange," Carlberg told me recently. He was attempting to explain why, in the last presidential election, five thousand Duvalians trudged to the polls and, having arrived there, voted for no one for president. Carlberg did concede that, after he ran these punch cards through the counting machines a second time, some partly punched holes shook loose, gaining Al Gore160 votes or so, Bush roughly 80.

"So, if you ran the 'blank' ballots through a few more times, we'd have a different president," I noted. Carlberg, a Republican, answered with a grin.
More

Video footage RealPlayer 9:58 min

Source: www.gregpalast.com...

And supposedly also republican owned / manufactures of these machines, which would normally not be a consideration except that they are major contributors to the Bush Campaign

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Man I hope not Sauron, but I have read that and worse and it looks like this election could be the official nail in the coffin of the american people's soverignty. Maybe capitalism isn't so compatible with democarcy after all eh?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

This is really starting to make me mad. Many people on the left, as well as some people on the right even are ALREADY beginning to file their law suits for election fraud!!!!

Come on, theres probably nearly as many on the right as the left... To say many on the left and SOME on the right is kinda skewed...

But i agree with you in the sense there does seem to be alot of finger pointing happening... but then again after the 2000 election fiasco i dont really blame everyone...

The Dems are worried that Bush will cheat again, and the Republicans are worried the Dems will adopt similar tactics as bush adopted last time...

Then theres people left, right, centre, up, and down talking about civil war... Then theres the fact both candidates pretty much suck and people are voting not because they liketheir guy, but they hatethe other guy...

I think theres something really seriously wrong in your system if this is what your election looks like... its more like a carnival of hate, lies, and mis-information...

Maybe someone needs to go and invade you and instill a proper democracy where the people decide who gets in, not the electoral commision...

-X

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Maybe someone needs to go and invade you and instill a proper democracy where the people decide who gets in, not the electoral commision...

Hey then we might actually learn the intricate differences between insurgence and resistance.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by specialasianX

Hey then we might actually learn the intricate differences between insurgence and resistance.

It would be a good lesson for some people in your country to know what its like to have a foreign force invade you so they can shape you country in their image... also to be dubbed terrorists when all your doing is trying to free your country from enemy rule... and i'm sure you'd kil fellow americans for collaborating with the invaders as well...

Oh well...

Maybe you wont need to be invaded... maybe these crazy civil war rumours will come true

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
You all can blame George, Jeb, and the other thugs for the way this is election is turning out right now, if they hadn't pulled the stealing of votes in Florida in 2000, barred voters rights to vote ( the blacks and othe minorities), stopped the voters from voting,............ then this WOULD NOT be happening this Election.

This is probably the most honest post I've read here in a long time. At least you are admitting that the left is deliberately attempting to sabotage the election. And you even give your reasons - retaliation for perceived (but unproven) wrongs in the 2000 election.

I salute your honesty, even though I despise your tactics.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
YES!

I had made a post about the BBC (its not as if any US media would dare to touch the truth) airing stuff on Wed. night but no one seemed to react on it.. not one reply.. none!

With apathy like that is it a surprise they get away with it?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have to weigh in (for the umpteenth time) on electronic voting machines. First of all, the manufacturers of the current system should be immediately fired, if the current systems are as bad as has been told.

Second of all, I think that an electronic voting system could eliminate probably 98% of the fraud in the current systems, manual and electronic, and be more accurate and foolproof than any system we have seen to date.

You could tie the registration system to the voting machine to make it even more foolproof.

Hacking - forget it. I've heard cases of hackers dialing into a Diebold machine. Well, duh! Take them off of the internet/phone lines, fer chrissakes.

Paper trail? Don't you get a receipt when you use your ATM card? Why not a voting machine? Not an issue.
Here's how it works (rough draft):

You register at an electronic registration/voting machine. You must provide ID to a team of humans to have your ID verified the very first time. When you register, you are supplied with a machine generated voter ID card, which you use when you vote. You are a number,; there is nohuman-readable info on the card to say whether you are male/female, black/white, whatever. Your ID is scanned in, you vote (by touching a picture of your candidate, if you can't read), and you are supplied with a receipt of your choices. This is also recorded in the computer. So there you have a cross-check of your choices and their receipt.

Think of all the trillions of dollars transferred daily, electronically, without a single penny touching human hands. It works, and it is secure. If we can build that, we can surely build a foolproof voting machine.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

But still, these people were already planning to call it foul before the voting started.

I guess they're smart, since apparently what they thought would happen, has been happening

But don't you see? This is a CLEAR sign that parties are making things up!!! They can't travel to the #ing future!!! I mean they straight out told us before the election that they were already planning certain lawsuits. It's dirty politics.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
For there to be an added total of all the votes from all the electronic voting systems they would need to be networked together, and for them to be network together, thered need to be routers, which can be remotely accessed. Hmmm...

And what I meant by a paper trail is that they can just change the number of votes for 1 candidate within the machine, instead of having to change EVERY paper ballot, its SO much easier to change it with the electronic systems than paper.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join