It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Posting Secret Knowledge Crap!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyeldfire

This reminded me of people who say god cannot reveal him/her/itself clearly and undeniably to those who ask for such a demonstration because it would infringe on our free will.

How would receiving what I specifically asked for and want keep me from exercising my free will? Didn't I already use it to analyze the situation, come to my own conclusion and voluntarily ask the question in the first place?

I always used to asked the same question when I was in a Christian School many years ago.

"So what's up, is it God's will or Free will?, cause you can't have both."

The answers were always the same, circular argumentation that led to nothing.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by Wyeldfire

This reminded me of people who say god cannot reveal him/her/itself clearly and undeniably to those who ask for such a demonstration because it would infringe on our free will.

How would receiving what I specifically asked for and want keep me from exercising my free will? Didn't I already use it to analyze the situation, come to my own conclusion and voluntarily ask the question in the first place?

I always used to asked the same question when I was in a Christian School many years ago.

"So what's up, is it God's will or Free will?, cause you can't have both."

The answers were always the same, circular argumentation that led to nothing.

Me, too. Got myself kicked out of church for asking too many questions.

Went to college and got a degree in theology, trying to find answers. Never got them.

I now consider myself agnostic. I think there's something....more, but that's as much as I can say. Which is why it infuriates me when someone claims to have knowledge, but won't share.

I've been searching a long, long time.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join