Quit Posting Secret Knowledge Crap!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+26 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Aaaarrrggghhhhh, ATS! What gives?

On two separate threads tonight I've read claims of secret knowledge. You know the type; "What I know is so incredible, you can't handle it. But if you only knew! But I care to much about everyone to share my secret knowledge. You're much better off being ignorant."

Seriously? What do you expect people to do when you pique their interest with such claims? Of course we will ask about it!

But that's the entire point, isn't it. Trolling on a major scale. You know we will ask for your story, and you'll get the attention you apparently crave.

If you REALLY feared that such knowledge would endanger folks, you wouldn't post about it. You'd keep silent, right?

So I call you out. Either share whatever it is, or quit eluding to it.

Your choice, but this nonsense needs to stop.

/rant. I think that's the harshest I've ever been on ATS.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wait, what? your not enlightened like the rest of ATS seems to be?

i guess it sucks to be you. (and me)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

This is home to many attention seekers. Always has been.

John Lear was my favorite, always entertaining and loved to feed little snippets of secret knowledge and wild claims to feed his ego.

Ignore those who aren't forthcoming, they are energy thieves, here and probably in their own personal worlds.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Your right about it being irritating but I doubt its going to stop on this forum any time soon. Attention whore's gonna attention whore, and as you say if someone had some real juicy info they probably would not post it here. Chin up Smylee one day I might share my secret info, but not on here because I would want to profit from it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I think that's the harshest I've ever been on ATS.

And rightly so, IMHO. There should be something in the T&C's about this kind of thing. It should say, "Put up, or shutup."

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I agree with you, such threads should go into the hoax bin

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yes, I too would like that guy from the "hubble image" thread to explain to us what is SO secretive that it will cause a normal man to go insane with "the" knowledge.... and why all images of space are fake.
edit on 29/1/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

I think smylee is talking about people who post in threads as well, not just the threads
edit on 29/1/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would like to point out that, to my understanding, Smylee isn't talking about threads on enlightenment. She's talking about threads on all-powerful knowledge that end up going nowhere. True enlightenment or "New Age" threads will never ever make such a claim. Strength is yours for the taking if you work for it, but there is no "God Formula".

link   
Double post.
edit on 29-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post.
edit on 29-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's said those that teach do not know.... yet those that know do not teach...

As you stated, they're just looking for attention...

Maybe they just need a hug?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"Those that teach, do not know. Those that know, do not teach."

Then how the hell does anyone learn anything? Everyone is learning lies and the truth remains unshared because...why? That doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Akragon

"Those that teach, do not know. Those that know, do not teach."

Then how the hell does anyone learn anything? Everyone is learning lies and the truth remains unshared because...why? That doesn't make any sense.

Sure it does....

Read what you want to learn about.... Don't listen to others preach...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Op... I did this thing and gained this knowledge that was SOOOOO profound that I went nutty and was thrown in the loony bin.. so dont do what I did and do that thing that showed me this stuff that blew my mind. Just believe you me... dont do it. You dont wanna know about that thing. ( but IM special and saw it.. neener neener)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Gah, I just logged into to share the secret and apocryphal wisdom that I've been debating about sharing for like 7 straight years and you totally killed my mood. Now I'm just going to get drunk until the brain cells housing that particular information drown in cheap vodka... Bah.

Seriously... I think the "secret wisdom" crowd comes in two flavors. First there is the outright BS'ers who basically paraphrase most of what they just read on some new age website or saw on some hokey Youtube vid. But the second group are those innocent types ( I'm kind to the challenged ) who don't quite fathom the reality that if they're thinking it now there's a really strong chance that many of us have already thought it. They get excited, want to share, in a truly giving way - and we end up with our left eyes twitching as we think "God I remember back in high school when I was in my chemically experimental state and I laid on the hood of a car for four hours thinking that exact same thing...."

As we say in the south... Bless their hearts.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Leave it to you, Heff, to make me smile.

Thanks, everyone, for listening to my grouchy rant. I've perused some of the sillier videos on YouTube, listened to my son's latest Mario story installment, and had a nice glass of chocolate milk.

Good mood restored!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So was I right, or was I wrong? Was this thread meant to cover the entire enlightenment/New Age/mystical knowledge bandwagon? Or just the more (deliberately) unhelpful ones?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So was I right, or was I wrong? Was this thread meant to cover the entire enlightenment/New Age/mystical knowledge bandwagon? Or just the more (deliberately) unhelpful ones?

The latter. Specifically, those who claim their secret knowledge is to "dangerous" for us mere mortals.

You were right on, my friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That's right Heff , in the south we say 'Bless their hearts" because we in the south have some manners. It's way more polite than saying " Your as dumb as box of hammers" And there's a bunch of damn hammers that post the threads op speaks of. Dumber than a box of dust. If any one takes offense to that " Bless your heart"
edit on 29-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

You mean another way of saying "May God have mercy on your soul"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join