It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All ATS Members -- Senior Member Needs Help

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Can't give you anything more than my sorrow for you and your friend. I recently also went through a great scare as the doc thought my mom might have cancer but everything turned out ok.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
Can't give you anything more than my sorrow for you and your friend. I recently also went through a great scare as the doc thought my mom might have cancer but everything turned out ok.

Im sorry to hear that DarkFlame. Good to hear your mom is going to be ok.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It sounds like seizure disorder, it may not be. I have become intimately familiar with seizure's over the last 12 years. Often before a seizure were to come the person sometimes, has funny tastes, smells, or is overwhelmed by how bright everything suddenly gets. It is is very common to lose minutes and hours of time as your mind tries to adjust. The body will feel heavy and exhausted becuase of all of the muscles tensing simultaneuosly. Punctures marks could be when he was thrashing. Deep brain areas are the hardest to detect damage to, so his catscan may look fine when in fact he could have damage to his brain, from a fall or a car accident when he was younger.

Grand mal seizures are the typical seizure people think of when you speak of one, they are the grandaddy of seizures with full body thrashing, and eyes rolling.

My friend who I learned about seizures from has seizure disorder due to a car accident, and it is triggered by stress. She while out of a seizure, can still be barely coherent for sometimes a day or so.

As far as missing months at a time, brain damage/stroke etectera all make sense.

Lastly sometimes one does not even realize they have seizure disorder until their first one strikes them out of know where. I was there for 2 people's first seizures, both adults and no previous history of seizures.

-ADHDsux4me

LL1

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Any new developments? Do keep us updated.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you want answers relating to Bi-Polar Disorder/Manic Depression I can help you there, I have tons of 1st hand experience, behavior, meds, illusions, daily changes, and the suffering of the individual is even more than the suffering of the loved ones around them. This illness is a very complicated and difficult illness to deal with.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Any new developments? Do keep us updated.

Well my friend is doing ok for the most part. He still doesn't remember anything. Other than that he seems normal to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
sry i did not read all of this thread yet but:

your friend might remember something (or all) in a few days...

when sleeping his mind might "unlock" his lost memories...

that's what always happins for me though...

also i heard this works on tv...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have quite a bit of experience with these matters.

Questions:
Has anyone heard of something similar happening to someone you know? Have you heard of this before?

This could be indicative of grand mal seizure activity in a disorder called epilepsy. Your friend should probably get a sleep-deprived electroencephalogram (EEG) to rule this out. Another possible neurological issue that would cause these symptoms would be a brain lesion/tumor. A brain scan would rule this out. I have a hard time believing that the ER docs didn't consult neurology on this one- perhaps they did.

If his brain scans are clear and electrical structures in the normal range, he might want to look into seeing a neuropsychologist. A neuropsychologist would be able to do very specific tests to determine how the different functions of his brain are interacting. There may be a dissociative disorder in this story, although it sounds very much like epilepsy.

MK

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Here is some information regarding a rather rare disorder which by some chance might be relevant to the situation you describe:

sabryabdelfattah.tripod.com...

www.merck.com...

www.mental-health-matters.com...

psychcentral.com...

encarta.msn.com...

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
might want to check with a neurologists. somethings might be firing off inconsistently, or in a different order in his head. alot of the time, stress, etc. can triggers such things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join