It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moments of 'OMG! This isn't real!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
Here is the Ultimate secret. God is Female. Our Universal creator is the Great Mother. Look up the word Creatrix. The oldest cultures on this planet worshipped the divine feminine. Earth and the universal creator were seen as female. This is also the secret of the freemasons. They keep the traditions of the Goddess alive. The square and compass is a freemason symbol for the Great Architect. The letters g or m are usually placed in the center. They stand for Godddess or Mother. The true name of God is Goddess. Once I realized this, everything began to make sense. Love, compassion, empathy. These are feminine traits. The exact opposite of men. In hiding this simple truth, men have caused untold chaos. The Natives knew this all along. Sometimes to go forward, we must look back.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

God is neither male nor female, non duality. This comes from God creating or birthing the material world. It's just a concept.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
For all practical purposes the majority of us are imprisoned in a cell with a window covered by a painting of a pretty landscape.

Even if you get to wander the floors with a billy club as a guard you're still positioned right where the warden wants you to be.

It's all real for now, the physical atleast.
But there's got to be something more than this flimsy, failing flesh.

Even the burliest human with the most brilliant mind can perish from a limp wristed chop to the throat by some deranged gimp. I'd like to believe that wouldn't be the end of it all, and can most surely say I truly believe there to be more to us than meat.

edit on 31-1-2013 by LizardSlicks because: video embedding mistake

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by jiggerj

The greatest trick of all is convincing us that we don't exist.

I'm sure we exist, but is our existence real? What I mean is, are our perceptions of this reality correct? Let's put it this way (it's the best I can come up with right now), if you see a man taking a baseball bat and beating the dickens out of a fire hydrant - is this what the man is REALLY doing? Is it his purpose to try to kill the hydrant? No. He's probably beating the hydrant instead of beating his wife, or boss.

Now, we know the purpose of a human isn't to beat a hydrant (it's just not our purpose in life). We know the purpose of a hydrant is to put out fires, not to be beaten by a bat. We know the purpose of the bat is to hit baseballs, not fire hydrants. So, none of these things are existing according to their true purpose.

We work. We marry. We have kids. We pray. We go to war... How do we know that what we do is really our purpose? Maybe we are like a movie, and our true purpose is to entertain some being in another realm. Maybe we're all just bits of energy moving about in a way that keeps a life going in another dimension (like blood flowing through veins. Maybe we are merely the result of a spark somewhere, and this universe will suddenly extinguish itself when the spark wears out.

I dunno. Sorry for the ramble. Just my thoughts with nothing substantial to corroborate it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've had one.

And, maybe, I'll see it again when this body dies.

I have anxiety that challenges me daily - I use meditation to combat it via one hour sessions every day (sometimes longer if I get good and relaxed). About a year into this practice to help with anxiety something happend that I can barely explain. I was sitting on my porch, alone, in session, unaware of how long I'd been sitting, and all I remember is that I suddenly realized I was gazing into a bright swirling pearlescent vortex - a tunnel of light if you will - blackness around it.

It scared the piss out of me - I gasped and open my eyes with a choke like my breathing had slowed down considerably. It was the most bizzare thing that has ever happend to me or that I've ever witnessed and it made everything for a short while seem so....unimportant... for lack of a better word. I don't know if I fell asleep (I never have before) or if I slipped into a moment of zen or the "void" or whatever (which is not empty or still).

It's been two years since - I still meditate every day.

It was..... beautiful.....
edit on 31-1-2013 by Floydshayvious because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Floydshayvious because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My moment was personally induced by a substance that we are not allowed to speak of on this site for T & C violations but was helped by a local urban shaman on Vancouver Island, Tofino to be exact. We were camping and had planned this out of body adventure for some time modifying my diet and personal well being to be able to cope with what was going to be brought to my attention.

I was able to see the energy you speak of in a sense, and realize that we are just that energy, not real, but real in the sense that we have come together to form what we see now. But in the end there to me was no physical only an aura of what was present. The whole time was so sureal and calming and after that I have found my self at peace with our current situation. Eagerly awaiting a return to just our self being the energy, that we are made of.

May not make sense what I am saying but too me sitting beside the ocean staring out across the vastness of the pacific interacting with what I can only assume was the energy around us it all made sense then.

And since I have had many times when without the aid I feel I have been able to experience that aura again when at calm and peace with the energy around me, and an OMG experience almost everytime

SaneThinking

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Dont stop taking your medication.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by jiggerj

The greatest trick of all is convincing us that we don't exist.

I'm sure we exist, but is our existence real? What I mean is, are our perceptions of this reality correct? Let's put it this way (it's the best I can come up with right now), if you see a man taking a baseball bat and beating the dickens out of a fire hydrant - is this what the man is REALLY doing? Is it his purpose to try to kill the hydrant? No. He's probably beating the hydrant instead of beating his wife, or boss.

Now, we know the purpose of a human isn't to beat a hydrant (it's just not our purpose in life). We know the purpose of a hydrant is to put out fires, not to be beaten by a bat. We know the purpose of the bat is to hit baseballs, not fire hydrants. So, none of these things are existing according to their true purpose.

We work. We marry. We have kids. We pray. We go to war... How do we know that what we do is really our purpose? Maybe we are like a movie, and our true purpose is to entertain some being in another realm. Maybe we're all just bits of energy moving about in a way that keeps a life going in another dimension (like blood flowing through veins. Maybe we are merely the result of a spark somewhere, and this universe will suddenly extinguish itself when the spark wears out.

I dunno. Sorry for the ramble. Just my thoughts with nothing substantial to corroborate it.

Don't worry, I'm also like you. I also have this disturbing thoughts too that we are inside a simulation of a simulation of a simulation....... inside a machine. But I believe, if we have the ultimate consciousness, we can create our own reality, escaping from the machine, forever (Just like Source Code, a movie, or like Star Ocean 3, a JRPG)

My imagination only works IF the theory about energy cannot be created or destroyed is True

About our life like a Movie. I also realized about this, 3 days ago. When I walk to office, I feel like I don't move. Everything begin to feel like animation movie. My character moves, but I know and I can feel that I don't move.

So you're not alone.
edit on 31-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

My imagination only works IF the theory about energy cannot be created or destroyed is True

Hmmm, I thought this theory was based solely on a closed system? If the universe is a closed system - nothing going out of it and nothing coming in - then the energy within the universe can only be manipulated, not increased or decreased. I have no idea what happens in an open system.

I just remembered that, as far as our purpose in life goes (on this plane of existence) it is not about working or marrying or anything like that. Our purpose is to eat or be eaten. If we are so insignificant as to be merely an ecological morsel like every other living thing, then why should we believe that we have a higher purpose?
edit on 1/31/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Dr. Seuss once said, "The questions are hard, but the answers are quite simple".

Is our existence, real? If you choose for it to be. But the more you question and loop-hole it, the more dysfunctional it becomes, and then you want to have no use for it. Everyone has issues, including myself, but to give up and say reality isn't real? Then that's a nightmare. As Edgar Allen Poe said.

"You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream."

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've had long periods of that feeling sometimes when lying in bed and I get to having that conversation with myself:

"Why does the universe exist?"
"Because it must exist."
"What if it didn't?"
"If it didn't, what would exist in its place?"
"Nothing?"
"You can't have nothing, there has to be something."
"If there was no universe, there would be no life, no consciousness, no nothing. Ever."
"See what I mean? It exists because it can't not exist."

"Shut up, you're scaring the $%# outta me. I need to go to sleep."

edit on 31-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I know what you mean.. I think I have experienced what your talking about, not so much nowadays thou, but I will share my experience with the group. When I was a kid adolescent, pre puberty, I used to play a game, I would try to FOCUS on reality, sometimes it would take moments other times it would take longer, and I would actually focus on time and space, it was one of those omg, is this real. Reality just felt alien, to say the least to me. I remember trying to explain it to my friends actually trying to teach them how I was doing it, only for them to say I was weird..

Come to find out I am weird.

anyhow now as an adult I find it almost impossible to do as I called it slow time down and look at it moments..

Its not the omg this isn't real it was usually me asking wtf am I in, what is this, what is being alive. I mean if you truly think about it, this reality we live in is weird man, why the hell are we here alive? We do not know we are just living, because that is all we know..

But ya used to scare the crap outta myself, doing that crap..

edit on 31-1-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by dodol

Hmmm, I thought this theory was based solely on a closed system? If the universe is a closed system - nothing going out of it and nothing coming in - then the energy within the universe can only be manipulated, not increased or decreased. I have no idea what happens in an open system.

I just remembered that, as far as our purpose in life goes (on this plane of existence) it is not about working or marrying or anything like that. Our purpose is to eat or be eaten. If we are so insignificant as to be merely an ecological morsel like every other living thing, then why should we believe that we have a higher purpose?
edit on 1/31/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yep. It must be closed system, isolated from other dimension (it's difficult to imagine with our current consciousness... maybe that's why some of us are sent to this reality to explore and research for the possibilities to create such dimension.... we are like distributed computing.... any writer, like Tolkien, imho, can easily create a world like the middle-earth at his highest consciousness.)

About our true purpose... I'm also not sure.. Even if we can achieve ultimate happiness in the ultimate world... then what should we do next? Happy everyday... I don't think that will work forever... one day some of us will get bored and ask each other again what's our purpose here in this happy world hehehe

It's tricky.. it's like infinite possibilities..... surely there must be an answer.

edit on 1-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Have you watched The Truman Show? if not watch it, you just described exactly how the movie is.

It stars Jim Carey.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
reply to post by jiggerj

Have you watched The Truman Show? if not watch it, you just described exactly how the movie is.

It stars Jim Carey.

Only, in the movie there are people behind the curtain running the show. I didn't get a sense of that.
If there is a god or WHATEVER behind the curtain, then why are we part of a system that runs on one species eating another? We consider humans to be at the top of the food chain, but we are being eaten all the time. It's called bacteria, or flesh eating disease, or cancer... Whose grand scheme was this?

Who decided to give us more teeth than the mouth can hold? Those wisdom teeth are brutal! Some design, huh?

I dunno, I'm just not seeing someone running our show.
edit on 2/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It is as if a movie is playing - the movie of existence (maya/lila) and the movie is being watched.
Everything and i mean everything that is experienced is part of the movie (including the thoughts that arise and sensations). The movie is not just visionary, it is supersurround sound with smelly vision and taste and sensation. All is arising presently and falling away but is seen and experienced.

Go in search of what is seeing (experiencing) the entire arising (playing movie), including the seer of the thoughts and sensations, go right back beyond thought to the knower of thought and watch the play from there.

There is no being out there to entertain. The movie plays for you.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is no being out there to entertain. The movie plays for you.

Loved your whole post, but this struck me as something very right.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There is just happening. Light is moving ( a movie). We are the darkness - the audience watching it. Some of us began to believe we ARE the characters. Some are crying, some are smiling, some are at peace enjoying the movie knowing that they are not it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There is just happening. Light is moving ( a movie). We are the darkness - the audience watching it. Some of us began to believe we ARE the characters. Some are crying, some are smiling, some are at peace enjoying the movie knowing that they are not it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

But in the space of nothing is there anything there, anything that motivates, as a first/last cause?

I know that on the unconditioned ground of being that love is a motivator and catalyst to action, in the desire to share and to love and be loved.

There's something beyond life, transcendent of life that is the source, the beginning and the end, that's an object of desire and satisfaction.

And if we cannot experience it in full in this life, then there must be another one, another world where the need is fully met.

imho.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jiggerj

But in the space of nothing is there anything there, anything that motivates, as a first/last cause?

I know that on the unconditioned ground of being that love is a motivator and catalyst to action, in the desire to share and to love and be loved.

There's something beyond life, transcendent of life that is the source, the beginning and the end, that's an object of desire and satisfaction.

And if we cannot experience it in full in this life, then there must be another one, another world where the need is fully met.

imho.

I disagree, though it would also be just my opinion. I know that fear is the great motivator. We do not desire to share and to love and be loved. Humans desire to hold onto what is ours, even the ones we love. Sure, we share, but only what we feel we can give without losing our lifestyle or personal belongings. We would give away our old clothes, but not the ones we just bought.

We love our spouses, but if they run off, we then hate them. And we hate them because we thought they were ours - that we owned them in some way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join