Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Moments of 'OMG! This isn't real!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Basically, what I am saying, is that thinking that the concept of god is absurd, is to claim that the Concept of God is against the nature of reality. And you don't know that. You just believe it.
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

When I say 'god', it is under the premise of the common beliefs held by believers. Primarily, my argument for absurdity is in the belief that he is perfect, all-knowing, and has always existed. Nothing can be eternally perfect or all-knowing. Sure, the universe could always have existed because there's no such thing as a state of absolute nothing, but consciousness must have a beginning, and it must learn in order to become wise (but never all-knowing).

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Just think about the implications of these two statements... 1) The reason for existence is to experience the self

Sooo, before I was born I got my two parents together so that I could be born. This had to be the case if my reason for existing is to experience myself. If this isn't the case, then my reason for existence would have nothing to do with me.

2) The purpose in life is to prepare to become part of the conglomerate consciousness again.

Who told you that? Somebody MUST have told you, because we cannot connect with this singular consciousness until we die. While we're alive, however, we can't possibly know if this consciousness exists. And, I'm voting no on that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, sungazing, then having the sun call me out, perceptibly yet, not overtly but I knew. Then walking early spring before the birds came back, sunshine, and just missed the birds, next morning bird song greeting me. Then a bike race goes on and they stop. Go in make some coffee, yearning for the birds again. Go out and the birds are singing again through the bike race.

The clouds are horribly depressing and stormy. Now I knew, this was kind of a miracle, and I knew afterwards, this didnt just come to me, it was given to me, but I hold it in my heart forever.

But these dark stormy pink clouds, thick everywhere and then fast moving black thin sheet way up high. I was like yuck, and then suddenly this spirit moved in me and I told myself this wouldn't do at all. And pictured pink hearts, everywhere for 20 minutes until I was exhausted. Made some coffee and came out with a cup about 20 minutes again And there were hearts everywhere, pale nice pink and white ones. Upside down, sideways, big, small, abstracted, no black anywhere.

My ex was suicidal actually, from diabetes and he was in the hospital for some time, off and on, and he was going blind apparently. He had been trying to get out to see the kids before he couldn't drive any longer. I spent months, without hearing from him after this, and praying, for his healing, asking for family to progress his love, increase his light, for the Spirit of Peace and Love to be with him and I spent time holding him in my heart in meditation, and telling him he was the Light, we were all family, he was my brother, and I loved him, as a brother, and to shine his light, overcome the dark spots in him. I believed in him.

Well, the doctors in the end said their test results and all that hospitilzation when he was really ill must have been an error of some kind. He's fine He said in the hospital, after he was feeling sucidal that he had a dream with a mutual friend of ours that had passed away, and he knew he was helping him, that the dream was real and everything changed after that.

Then he answered a wrong number and got a job for the oil industry and is planning on helping his aged father and kids out. I don't know how it will end, but its the thought that counts at this point for me.

I don't give up on people, and have had so many weird things happen, was sungazing and had this image around me, everything was fake. Kept seeing it like hansel and gretel, or a story book with pop out images, 3d. Now its more hellish than that, but thats actions, not the way it was set up, we have choices.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
The physical world is an illusion yes, you are correct. But you are a multi-dimensional being. When your body dies, you do not. If you meditate, and go within, you will find there is much more to you than you thought. It takes a bit of practice to do this, and because of that the ego makes up excuses on reasons not to do it. So you won't, so theres no point in me asking you to. however, I have posted this in other threads, it takes less than 30 seconds, and some egos still won't be bothered because it doesn't understand why it should bother trying. But sometimes curiousity gets the best of it and it tries it just to prove the experience wrong. So try this....

Yes, the serpent said to Adam and Eve. If you just eat of this fruit you too can... Adam was that "rational consciousness" that should have said no. But he didn't and here we are 6000 years later with the same ploy and tactic....appealing to desires to know things, things hidden within us, if you'll only disregard that voice within your heart and mind that says Do not eat this fruit. And when you have those experiences you inadvertently are proving to yourself that lies are truths.....the mystery of inequity within mankind, man wanting to sit in the temple of god proclaiming himself to be god.

The same command applies to us all - Do not eat of the fruit of the tree of good and evil It's a sure fire way which leads one to reject salvation.

Ah yes, a classic dilemma. Was the bible correct, and told us this to protect us from things we should not be tampering with/exploring? Which will only lead us astray from the path we should be on?

Or, is it a control tactic to have followers of Christianity kept in line, and to prevent us from finding out who we really are, and make religion obsolete?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by jiggerj

Your op really struck a chord with me. Suddenly I feel EXACTLY the same. Mostly for the past 3 days to a week. It's like I'm super lost and need to find direction, but at the same time I feel like everything is fake. My dreams almost feel more real. It's so odd. I've been experiencing headaches for the last week too.

Yeah, I can't help thinking, what does the universe care what goes on down here? Billions of people have lived and died throughout the last 250,000 or so years; where are these people's lives recorded in the universe?

I know that 100 years after I die my name won't even come up in a dinner conversation. If not for my children living and having kids of their own, it will be as though I never even existed. So, I'm here now, struggling to support myself in this UN-noticable blip of a life, only to become nonexistent once I die.

Mind you, I'm not dwelling on it because I prefer the idea of non-existence to what the religious are putting on the table.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and lots of great replies. I have bookmarked it and will read it again later.

I get the feeling sometimes that its not real. Everything is fake. Everything we do has no point and the world just feels unreal - like its lost its colour and depth and meaning.

Sometimes I feel that it is us who put the life into things. We make things alive - we animate the world and bring colour and depth and give it meaning.

Sometimes I feel there is more to this world. It continues beyond the horizon of our senses. We go beyond this horizon but this horizon acts as a prism and splits one into many. So there is one in a higher plane or dimension on one side of the horizon and on this side we are many, split into many disconnected parts. Like an octopus with the head as the one and the tentacles as the many.

Maybe you and me are one and I am actually talking with myself - feeling rather lightheaded now.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Energy can’t be created or destroyed only transformed. Being aware of your own existence is what people want to believe is transferred however I do not see evidence that supports that.

Maybe this isn’t along your train of thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey

Maybe you and me are one and I am actually talking with myself - feeling rather lightheaded now.

To me, there is a huge problem with the whole 'we are all one' thing. If everything is all just 'one', then there are two outcomes, IMO:

1. Everything is one, and all separateness in this world is merely an illusion. So, when you die, you become part of a big consciousness blob, or perhaps a hive mind type of structure, and congratulations, you effectively cease to exist.

2. If everything is one, then first ask yourself this: are you aware of anyone else's consciousness other than your own? Since you are only aware of your own consciousness, and everything is one, then guess what? You're forever alone, all that exists in reality is you.

Neither one of these scenarios is particularly appealing to me. If everything is one, then what is the point? I prefer to think of the world beyond this one as individuals being much closer, aware of and in tune with one another, and that being the meaning of 'one'. Unity can only be manifested by the binary, and such.

An analogy I like to think of is a hydra. (the mythical creature) In a spiritual sense, I like to think that our individual consciousnesses are the heads of the hydra, each with it's own free will. Yet, we are all joined in the same body, and what we do ultimately effects the whole, in this case being the body of the hydra.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Oh, and to the OP, I feel like that more and more as time goes on, as well... as someone said in this thread, I feel like my dreams are more real lately. Especially since I've greatly increased my lucid dreaming experiences, something just tells me lately that this world isn't all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I still claim that the premise of a god is absurd, but as a seeker of truth I have to concede this point:

There have been moments in my life (they're actually microseconds, and one of these moments happened last night) when I've been hit with the sudden realization that this isn't real. In that blink of an eye I am hit with the fact that I am not real. The house I live in is not real. The planet, and the whole universe isn't real.

I equate it to a character trapped in a movie suddenly becomes aware that the movie isn't real. He feels compelled to continue on with the dialogue and the actions, but with a nagging sense that it's all for nothing.

I am not made privy to any curtain opening and revealing another realm behind it. I don't feel a hidden purpose or sense a deeper meaning to this life. It simply feels like we could all suddenly vanish and it wouldn't make one bit of difference to anyone anywhere.

For what it's worth, feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Props to you, hope you've really reached the highest point of enlightenment.

As Buddha once said:

色即是空 空即是色 (Form itself is emptiness; emptiness itself is form)

It just took us quite a couple of thousand years for the average Joe to realize this

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I still claim that the premise of a god is absurd, but as a seeker of truth I have to concede this point:

There have been moments in my life (they're actually microseconds, and one of these moments happened last night) when I've been hit with the sudden realization that this isn't real. In that blink of an eye I am hit with the fact that I am not real. The house I live in is not real. The planet, and the whole universe isn't real.

I equate it to a character trapped in a movie suddenly becomes aware that the movie isn't real. He feels compelled to continue on with the dialogue and the actions, but with a nagging sense that it's all for nothing.

I am not made privy to any curtain opening and revealing another realm behind it. I don't feel a hidden purpose or sense a deeper meaning to this life. It simply feels like we could all suddenly vanish and it wouldn't make one bit of difference to anyone anywhere.

For what it's worth, feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Not to see surprised to see you say this.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

UGH! Did you change your avatar to get my heart pumping? I LOVE beautiful oriental women! I'd also love to do, um, nothingness with her. ;-P

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by irontoad30

It's not that my dreams feel real, it's that the real world is like a dream. It feels vague, like there's no real meaning to anything. It's all just motions we go through to make ourselves think that we're doing something. You don't think about it, you just turn on the autopilot and do what you're told. I feel like half the world isn't at the steering wheel. Like a car that's left running because someone forgot to turn it off. Do you know what I mean?
edit on 30-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The greatest trick of all is convincing us that we don't exist.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

The greatest trick of all was convincing us to trust the same people who taught us fear.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by jiggerj

The greatest trick of all is convincing us that we don't exist.

The greatest joke of all is that nothing exists.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have had some of these experiences but not recently. Thanks OP for this post

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Depersonalization isn't fun.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You're definitely not alone in this feeling, not at all.

I experience it all the time, and apparently according to my partner I had a long and intellectual drunken rant on the subject. (I know, drunken AND intellectual? Surprised even me!)

It's an eerie and unsettling feeling, and the depression that follows is always terrible.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is the Ultimate secret. God is Female. Our Universal creator is the Great Mother. Look up the word Creatrix. The oldest cultures on this planet worshipped the divine feminine. Earth and the universal creator were seen as female. This is also the secret of the freemasons. They keep the traditions of the Goddess alive. The square and compass is a freemason symbol for the Great Architect. The letters g or m are usually placed in the center. They stand for Godddess or Mother. The true name of God is Goddess. Once I realized this, everything began to make sense. Love, compassion, empathy. These are feminine traits. The exact opposite of men. In hiding this simple truth, men have caused untold chaos. The Natives knew this all along. Sometimes to go forward, we must look back.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join