Moments of 'OMG! This isn't real!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I also get those split second moments. With me though, it's a memory recall that i know comes from a previous life rather than this one. When it happens i feel a moment of absolute shock, to the point where my heart physically misses a beat.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

So you think only this realm you are experiencing exists? You said you are a "truth seeker"? If so, what have you been seeking?

Also.... How do you describe the different dimensions?

Have you ever heard of the string theory, Double slit experiment?

How do you explain how one object can appear in two places and only when "observed" appears in one?

If it weren't for Science, I would not believe in a Creator.

What happens when the light goes out? It is never overcome by darkness.... light always escapes.

edit on 29-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
The physical world is an illusion yes, you are correct. But you are a multi-dimensional being. When your body dies, you do not. If you meditate, and go within, you will find there is much more to you than you thought. It takes a bit of practice to do this, and because of that the ego makes up excuses on reasons not to do it. So you won't, so theres no point in me asking you to. however, I have posted this in other threads, it takes less than 30 seconds, and some egos still won't be bothered because it doesn't understand why it should bother trying. But sometimes curiousity gets the best of it and it tries it just to prove the experience wrong. So try this....

Yes, the serpent said to Adam and Eve. If you just eat of this fruit you too can... Adam was that "rational consciousness" that should have said no. But he didn't and here we are 6000 years later with the same ploy and tactic....appealing to desires to know things, things hidden within us, if you'll only disregard that voice within your heart and mind that says Do not eat this fruit. And when you have those experiences you inadvertently are proving to yourself that lies are truths.....the mystery of inequity within mankind, man wanting to sit in the temple of god proclaiming himself to be god.

The same command applies to us all - Do not eat of the fruit of the tree of good and evil It's a sure fire way which leads one to reject salvation.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What happens when the light goes out?

And what if it never does ?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Very interesting, Ergo! Though I'd like to point out that I didn't label anything as 'everything that is'. What I felt is 'everything ISN'T'.

That's the tricky thing though... the only way for you to ever experience that everything "isn't", you had to be experiencing everything "is". The only way you could experience everything that "is", is by thinking it's possible for something to "isn't" and wonder about it. However you will never experience things that isn't because they isn't. So what you have discovered is the isn'tness of "everything that is".

So what will we call both everything that is and everything that isn't? The Universe is a fine label to me, since it really just means "Single Word" (or phrase if you wish) and all the implications that come with a word. Individual markings making up a whole embedded in a "nothingness" that is the only thing that lets you see anything in the first place. The Word is "is"ing in form... yet it "isn't" it's fullest "self" except in our mind... where it suddenly becomes a single "is" again. But only when we've learned to ascribe shared reliable meaning between each other... otherwise the word is simply letters and isn't because a word can only really exist in a mind.

We are that which "is"es all that "isn't". The experience of something is something, but it's not "some thing". So there is that which is, but the moment you have begun to describe it or "identify" any part, it isn't. A feather is a chicken until it has been plucked from the chicken where it becomes a feather. Yet it was also always a feather... but could never be unless it had been a chicken too.

Even though puppies don't talk back to us in English and we don't talk back to them in Barks (usually), we do still find means of finding common ground. Puppies don't hear "stick", but they know "stick" after enough interaction with someone. We don't have any idea what puppies are thinking when they think "stick", but they can understand what we mean when we say "stick". We can avoid feeling insulted that we are the "puppy" in this situation and be flattered/interested/scared that communication was attempted with us and see what happens when we actively and consciously reciprocate. But it does take trial and error, like any other communication.

That's all a long way of saying The Universe said hello to you in a direct manner... you get to talk back. Whether it's your own subconscious or the universe as a whole is kinda irrelevant because it's still coming from "The Universe" as you yourself are "The Universe" in micro scale.

Loop-de-loop.
edit on 29-1-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

So you think only this realm you are experiencing exists? You said you are a "truth seeker"? If so, what have you been seeking?
reply to post by MamaJ

Nope. I'm claiming that for a brief second I became aware that THIS realm doesn't exist. Just as characters in a book don't exist.

As for seeking truth, what I mean is, I accept the truth for what it is. I don't care what field of theory it comes from, if it's logical I will readily accept it. If someone came up with a logical explanation for how a god could have always been perfect, always knew everything without having to learn anything, I would accept it. But of course the idea is a ridiculous fantasy with no logic to it whatsoever.

Also.... How do you describe the different dimensions?

When you say dimensions are you talking about length, height, and width? Or are you talking about other realms where people like us (or not like us) exist?

Funny thing is, in either case, what the mathematicians do with equations I can do with logic. For instance, I can point out that horses exist, creatures with wings exist, and creatures with horns exist, therefore Unicorns exist. Even though I have pointed out that everything is there to prove the existence of unicorns, in no way does this prove that they actually exist until we SEE one. Mathematicians can write up complex formulas on other dimensions, formulas that balance out perfectly, but just because it works on paper in no way proves the existence of other realms until we actually SEE one.

Have you ever heard of the string theory, Double slit experiment? How do you explain how one object can appear in two places and only when "observed" appears in one?

Oh yes, I've been pondering these things for quite some time. And the best we can say about this stuff, Richard Feynman already said it best: "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

What happens when the light goes out? It is never overcome by darkness.... light always escapes.

This is wishful thinking. Light is merely energy that is converted into light. Suns die. Stars explode. This universe will one day be ripped to shreds with all the light put out.

But, great questions, Mamaj! I enjoyed chatting with you.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hahahaha... My Grandfather used to always say when he is dead he will go back to dust. Thing is... he was right all along, however his dust and my dust are two different perceptions.

Everything transforms and the Universe recycles everything... nothing is lost.

I want to end this chat with two more sentences.

When it is your time to go from this plane of existence to another.... go toward the light. You are worthy of it and loved no matter what. xoxox

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If someone came up with a logical explanation for how a god could have always been perfect, always knew everything without having to learn anything, I would accept it. But of course the idea is a ridiculous fantasy with no logic to it whatsoever.

No logic in *this* realm, which you've already decided to regard as not real. So let's work with that...

Is the Universe Perfect or Imperfect? If you suggest imperfect, what criteria are you using to judge this by?

Did it learn how to do what it does or has it just always done it? Is there anything it is doing now that it hasn't always been able to do?

Is linear time logical? If you suggest yes, then resolve the First Cause issue. If that can't be resolved, then "everything has always existed in full" is the only other logical alternative.

The confusions are due to the loaded properties of the words we chose to use and prioritize in discussions. The moment the word "God" is used, the conversation is over for some even if there was still very useful information hidden in the unfortunate word choices because they don't automatically replace "God" from a Christian with "Conscious Universe" or "Conscious Infinity" and see how that affects the information being communicated and the possibilities that are now more logical or reasonable.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Define real, because everything is an illusion; color, texture, smell, sound, etc, are all illusions that our brains are able to pick up on and interpret a certain way. Reality, then, and what's "real," is ultimately an intimate exchange between you, the thinking and experiencing agent, and your brain, the receiving and perceiving agent.

I suppose that reality is like a GUI and the brain is a computer.

Some things are so 'real' that you would advocate pre-emptive castration as a means to an end. Or was I misreading your words?

Meh~whichever way the wind blows. Watch that it doesn't knock your house right down.
edit on 29-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That's the tricky thing though... the only way for you to ever experience that everything "isn't", you had to be experiencing everything "is". The only way you could experience everything that "is", is by thinking it's possible for something to "isn't" and wonder about it. However you will never experience things that isn't because they isn't. So what you have discovered is the isn'tness of "everything that is".
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Holy crap, I understood all of that!

Allow me to point out that when I experienced the everything that isn't, I meant only in this realm. My OP does mention that I wasn't allowed to see behind the curtain to see what is, if anything IS behind the curtain. So, is this realm a computer simulation? Are we simply caught in a gas bubble floating in the colon of a creature in another dimension? I have NO idea.

We are that which "is"es all that "isn't". The experience of something is something, but it's not "some thing". So there is that which is, but the moment you have begun to describe it or "identify" any part, it isn't. A feather is a chicken until it has been plucked from the chicken where it becomes a feather. Yet it was also always a feather... but could never be unless it had been a chicken too.

Could the same be said of the chicken you might see in a movie? Then your statement becomes: A feather is a chicken until it has been plucked from the chicken where it becomes a feather. But the feather isn't real because the chicken isn't real, and could never be a feather or a chicken because it's just an image on a film.

That's all a long way of saying The Universe said hello to you in a direct manner... you get to talk back.

That's the scary part. I DIDN'T get to talk back. There was nothing there.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

So from what I read, if whether it makes logical sense to you, given mathematics proves beyond doubt. You cannot entertain the existence or non-existence of all there is, until and unless you see it.

If so then, does you experiencing "nothingness" count???

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by jiggerj

Hahahaha... My Grandfather used to always say when he is dead he will go back to dust. Thing is... he was right all along, however his dust and my dust are two different perceptions.

Everything transforms and the Universe recycles everything... nothing is lost.

I want to end this chat with two more sentences.

When it is your time to go from this plane of existence to another.... go toward the light. You are worthy of it and loved no matter what. xoxox

But I don't want to go toward the light. We've all heard stories of what happens at the end of the light. I want to find out what happens if I take a right halfway up that tunnel. I really do!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The confusions are due to the loaded properties of the words we chose to use and prioritize in discussions. The moment the word "God" is used, the conversation is over for some even if there was still very useful information hidden in the unfortunate word choices because they don't automatically replace "God" from a Christian with "Conscious Universe" or "Conscious Infinity" and see how that affects the information being communicated and the possibilities that are now more logical or reasonable.

Very true. The majority perception of a god is illogical. For anything, an eternal state of perfection is impossible. You are 100% right that the perception of this god shuts down communication. However, I cannot claim it impossible for an imperfect creator to exist. A clumsy scientist in another realm may have spilled something that accidentally created this universe. Or a not so clumsy scientist (though still imperfect) set about to create this universe. Or, the universe is a bunch of blood cells that make up a creature in a larger dimension.

Universal consciousness - can't happen without a machine ( a brain or computer) to generate it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Universal consciousness - can't happen without a machine ( a brain or computer) to generate it.

And a brain or computer cannot exist without consciousness. One cannot exist without the other.
Hence, the term "Alpha and the Omega".

All is one, one is all.

All exists and you can't change that. There is no past, no future. All that you perceive happens in the now.

Peace
edit on 29-1-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Logic will show us that everything exists, only we aren't completely honest with ourselves when we we make claims to what they exist as.

God, for instance, exists; but we always skirt around the truth to what it exists as. If we look at 'God' knowing that everything exists, we can see that it exists as an idea, a concept, an ideal, or at the very least, the grammatical subject of a sentence. This is how we are able to make God the topic of conversation or a character in a book. Saying God simply doesn't exist is as dishonest as saying God does exist, because we aren't completing our assertion by mentioning what it exists or doesn't exist as.

There is nothing that cannot exist.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

But I don't want to go toward the light. We've all heard stories of what happens at the end of the light. I want to find out what happens if I take a right halfway up that tunnel. I really do!
reply to post by jiggerj

Thats funny... maybe you already did?

One more thing that came to mind...

WHAT IF...

Your vessel/personality/senses (vital, emotional, and mental) is nothing more than an image being conveyed back to your brain all the while your self (soul) is not even in this realm or watching from a glance?? Maybe that is why we sometimes feel as though we are disconnected from all reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

WHAT IF...

Your vessel/personality/senses (vital, emotional, and mental) is nothing more than an image being conveyed back to your brain all the while your self (soul) is not even in this realm or watching from a glance?? Maybe that is why we sometimes feel as though we are disconnected from all reality.

Oh boy, this is going to be hard to explain. I didn't feel disconnected. I sensed that we are ALL part of this...?...unrealness. The people starving in the world - they don't exist. The pope and president - nope, not real. The woodland creatures - uh-uh.

Weird, huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No... in a sense its possible.

Not real in one sense and in another.... very real.

ETA: We FEEL it as real as an emotion within our personality.
edit on 29-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

That's the scary part. I DIDN'T get to talk back. There was nothing there.

Oh? What do you think is happening right now?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Row Row Row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily, Life is but a dream.

“Feel nothing, know nothing, do nothing, have nothing, give up all to God, and say utterly, 'Thy will be done.' We only dream this bondage. Wake up and let it go.”

Swami Vivekananda

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join