It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason any truth is covered up in the book of Revelation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Why do you think one has to reveal what's in Revelation? Why doesn't it just flat out tell the truth uncovered?

It doesn't flat out say literally because....firstly the Beast (of the Sea) of Revelation 13 was a power that was still yet to rise and would rule for a period of some 1260 years (1260 prophetic days). What would be the point of naming the said religio/political institution that would hide among the people of God but really be from Satan when the institution could just change its name. The Bible provides some 26 or so descriptions of this power in the prophetic books of Revelation and Daniel, descriptions about its characteristics that it could not change and that nothing else was like to leave no doubt in peoples mind.

The bible also makes it very clear what the final test will be on for those who study the Bible thoroughly and cohesively.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It always interested/intrigued me how these activities where described done by ANGELS

If you perform a study of Hebrew parallelism on the other occasion that those same plagues came about in the early chapters of Exodus and find out why they happened then you will receive insight into why the will come again and what will cause them. The early typologies are deliberately included so that people can gain insight to the greater event in the future.

A clue for you..it is found in the studying of Exodus chapter 5 and a search through the English translation of the Hebrew words
edit on 31-1-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Hi WarJohn

The Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (aka the Book of Revelation) is written in very very poor Greek (full of 'Greek grammatical howlers') and much of the received garbled texts can only make sense if they are translated word for word back into Hebrew and Aramaic (i.e. grammatical syntax and vocabulary); when this is done, it becomes clear that this is a Holy War Document, very very close to the tone of much of the Dead Sea Scroll material (in fact most of the quotations the book cites are taken from Dead Sea Scroll versions of the Hebrew & Aramaic texts and not the later Masoretic Hebrew 'pointed' (voweled) text used by Protestants and Rabbinic Jews today as 'holy scripture'.

See this discussion which goes into more detail

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We see HOLY WAR teminology throughout the book ('sing unto YHWH a NEW Psalm' for example comes from the OT of which there are 9 of them in the Hebrew Psalter opening with the same words - all of them are antiGentile War thumping chants against occupiers (e.g. Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks & Romans, all of whom invaded Palestine and forced a military style occupation on 'eretz Yisroel') - and there are a number of key parallels with the images in the Book of Revelation and the socalled War Scroll (1QMilkhama) found among the Dead Sea Scrolls (locked up into time capsules in caves 1-11 at Qumran in June of 68 CE)

The original UrText of the Book of Revelation seems to have been written in 3, 6 and 12 line Lament Qinah Meter stanzas (the 12 line groups are often doubled into 24 line groupings, the number of the 24 Priestly Levitical families that took turns weekly during the year to serve in the Temple of YHWH at Jerusalem)

The text (i.e. contents) come from various apocalyptic holy war Messianic 'kill the gentiles' verbiage compiled from OT/apocryphal Hebrew prophetic literature i.e. reworked and re-cast, since the 'age of the prophets was over' and therefore only interpretations of the older established writings was allowed, aka Midrashic Expansion methodology

The sources included rare versions (e.g. following Theodotion's or the Targum versions) of key selections from e.g. proto and trito Isaiah, the Hebrew and Aramaic sections of the Book of Daniel, Joel, the Daily Tamid Psalms (which are the morning and evening daily sacrificial ritual of the Jerusalem Temple in the late Second Temple period i.e. Psalms 24, 48, 82, 94, 81, 93, 92) Zechariah chapter 4, and 9-12 etc.) and were woven together into a new text around 69 CE, the 'year of the 4 Emperors' when it was thought that Rome would collapse in upon itself after the 'suicide' of Nero Caesar (NRVN QSR in Hebrew - whose gematrical name is 666; the alternative spelling NRV QSR (nun resh vav + quph samek resh) comes out gemmatrically to 616, the OTHER number of the beast of Rev. chapter 13 according to Codex Bezae and several early papyri.

The Judaeans revolted against Rome in 66CE, 70 years (symbolic for them) after the death of King Herod in 4 BCE and believed that a new Jerusalem would descend from the heavens, purified of all the ritual impurities of the occupiers (i.e. the Romans, who invaded Palestine in 63 BCE under Pompey initiating the 'Times of The Gentiles' aka the Times of the Amorites) - one CANNOT understand the 'book of Revelation' outside of the context of the 1st Revolt against Rome (66-72 CE) - and was written at a time when they reallly really really believed that they could overthrow the 'kittim' i.e. the goyim-Roman invaders and inaugurate the Kingdom of David on earth which was to last 1000 years.

Here is a brief extract

And I looked & behold, I saw standing on Mt Zion: The Slain Ram of EL
And standing by him were the 144,000
Dressed in ritually pure white linen Lebushim :
And lo, these were all Celibate Males ('parthenoi' lit. Male Virgins i.e. ready for battle)
Each unpolluted by the filth of female's flesh..
Both spotless in word and also in deed.
For lo, these are all the Slain First-Fruits of EL
In whom was found no Guile
Each of them Worthy to stand before the Throne of EL :
The same who who followed the Ram wherever he leads them
Who all had the Seal of the Living EL
Even engraved upon their Foreheads.

And the 144,000 is not without its WAR connotation either.

We see the number listed as 144,000 is divided evenly into 12 Tribes, almost in the manner of an Perfected Military Census or Roll Call of Warriors (see 1 Chronicles chapters 4 through 7, where the Masoretic Text gives a similar Roll Call of Warriors by Tribe – with a few more than 144,000 - roughly 152,000 ‘fighting men ready and fit to do battle’ if you add up all the various numbers). In Chronicles, the numbers are NOT even per tribe – so the list in Revelation seems to be idealized in some way.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Revelation is a trap and a series of traps read forward, and a wonderful joke read backwards.

How's that for enigmatic?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

It's amazing that I came to my conclusion of the Book of Revelations being a lie by reading it and then meditating on its possible meanings.

The answer came to me that it was added to provide the Holy Bible worldwide control, especially given Jesus implicates himself as the saviour of only the Israelites.

I'm currently about to undertake reading the Koran.

Thank you for providing me factual basis for my belief of it being a fake book.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by divideandconquer

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by WarJohn

Through this book the Roman Catholics have destroyed countless civilizations and destroyed countless arts and written histories..

I agree that the Book of Revelations is a lie even though I do believe in the Bible. However, being that I was raised Roman Catholic, the Book of Revelations was never mentioned. It's far more important, it seems, to the Protestants.

All I know about the Book of Revelations is that it was inspired by a dream, right? The thing is, it goes against most of what Jesus said in the gospels. It doesn't make any sense.

my response is this; the bible i use is The New American Bible, Catholic mission edition.
in revelations it says at revelation 17;9- *here is a clue for one who has wisdom. The seven heads represent seven hills upon which the woman sits.

and in the same bible in the notes it says 17, 9: Here is a clue: literally, "Here a mind that has wisdom." Seven Hills: of Rome.

The vatican has been known as the city of seven hills for a very long time.

why would the Roman Catholics set the Bible up against themselves?

They say the Woman is a city who rides the beast;
so my interpretation of this part of revelations is that the vatican runs the world mafia-style.

its as another great post i once read on abovetop secret, "all roads lead to rome."

recently the vatican has called for a oneworld government.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-2-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join