It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation unchained: US dollar down 23 percent from 2000, Tuition up 72 percent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

how cool....you asked about the dow....dollar down....dow to 32,000....buy yen pairs, it's wave "5"

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Probably the worst thing that happened to education was creating college grants, loans and scholarships under the guise of making affordable for everyone. In reality it did the opposite. Without loans , scholarships , and grants they couldn't charge students hundreds of dollars for books, credit hours,etc because the market wouldn’t bare it.

Imagine how many people could go to college if it cost $100K to get an education without any loans or grants. Very few could afford too. The market wouldn't bare it and the cost would have to be modified to a level that the consumer could bare ,otherwise their would be no takers. Yes a few upper crust richy rich could go to college but the majority of the consumer is the middle to lower class that have to work which could not afford the 100K college experience.

Funny thing is that this also applies to all the other f'd up industries, healthcare,housing,cars,etc. As long as you can get infinite loans or insurance, or other type of so called monetary assistance they are going to charge you infinite prices. Easy Credit is what drives the cost up. If people had to pay out of pocket or limited credit was available than prices couldn't be at the level they are. Either-wise they wouldn't have any customers.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Time to short the dollar. Which currency ETF would you suggest OP?

Why settle for an ETF? If I had a 401k or similar investment, I'd cash out while the market is still up and flip it into tangible goods. People talk of things for a SHTF scenario, such as guns, ammo, toilet paper, soap. I'm sticking to bullion. I purchase silver rounds at the end of each month, and plan on keeping it for a while until it cycles back up.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join