It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Siberian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact for 40 Years- Unaware of World War II !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
They were surprised not helicopter.polyethylene glass and crumpled

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What am amazing story it read like a short novel. My favorite story I have read on here in a while.This family amazes me and it goes to show how tough the human body and spirit are. *S&F *

Its people like this family that are the ace up the sleeve for our species. Isolated eking out a living and maybe not thriving per-say but still surviving. The son sounded like he could out do most athletes and tough guys of his day or ours.

"It was not until the late 1950s, when Dmitry reached manhood, that they first trapped animals for their meat and skins. Lacking guns and even bows, they could hunt only by digging traps or pursuing prey across the mountains until the animals collapsed from exhaustion. Dmitry built up astonishing endurance, and could hunt barefoot in winter, sometimes returning to the hut after several days, having slept in the open in 40 degrees of frost, a young elk across his shoulders."

Its not a direct example but it does show how if anything bad happens to us as a species and our numbers are ever cut down dramatically we will probably still carry on. This was in Siberia, one of the hardest environments hospitable to humans.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladerunner44
reply to post by NJoyZ

You do know WW2 ended over 60 years ago? This story is not very credible. They died right after their discovery? Probably from culinary boredom. This whole story smells bad

They were found in 1978, so they totally missed WW2. 1978-40=1928.

This is very old news, there is even book about this case.

Peskov, Vassily; Lost in the Taiga: One Russian Family's Fifty-year Struggle for Survival and Religious Freedom in the Siberian Wilderness.

They get their fire from a tinderbox. They use a torch for light. They go barefoot in summer and wear birch-bark shoes in winter. They have been living without salt. They don't know bread. ... Recent events are unknown to them. Electricity, radio, and satellites are beyond their imaginations.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

thank you OP so much for this story, I can only imagine what these people went through

and what the mother went through during starving years

so sad

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Great read

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
WWII ended over 65 years ago so thats at least 25 years before they went into hiding unless this is an old old story. ok so I am not the only one to point this out. But I saw someone said they were found in the seventies so that makes more sense. Not a very healthy diet lacking many vitamins especially C which is essential for good health. Not a wonder they died.

The story is real. I read about it a long time ago in a Russian newspaper, when I still lived in Russia. That explains the apparent discrepancy of the timeline. I even remember the photos in the newspaper.

The family most likely died from infections, contracted from contact with the people who discovered them, some of who were urban dwellers, who carried all sorts of bugs on them (remember "viral load") to which this isolated group of people never had a chance to develop immunity for. Tragic, and sadly unforeseen, and could be avoided.

As mentioned, they were most amazed by plastic bags made of polyethylene. It looked like glass to them but was extremely malleable.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Cool story and thus, great post.

Only the title is sorta zen... as WWII was... 65+ years ago and then doesn't compute with the 40 year thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by NJoyZ

Cool story and thus, great post.

Only the title is sorta zen... as WWII was... 65+ years ago and then doesn't compute with the 40 year thing.

As mentioned in this thread multiple times, the story is 25+ years old.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by randomname
and they died right after the were "discovered".

most likely from the thousands of petulances that seem to have emerged after world war 2 and globalization.

Interesting point. There are well documented accounts of concentration camp and POW survivors at the end of WWII dying because they were fed regular, high fat and high protein food that the troops were carrying. This was called "overfeeding casualties" because their systems, used to a starvation/sustinence diet, were not ready for such a drastic change and were "shocked." When you said this, I thought of that.

What I was trying to get at in my other post, the human body and even mind does not so much adapt and become stronger as it just sort of gets used to things being in a certain way, even if that way is harsh and extreme.

And usually only in a slow process, and for them it was a slow process of moving farther and farther into the wilderness, but as soon as something completely different that they are not used to is introduced in such a fashion it completely overwhelms them, even if it would be harmless to us. The family got used to things being that way, but as soon as something new was introduced, such as the progress of civilization and its gadgets, or more likely the germs of civilization which the team that found them brought with them, well they succumbed fast. Its like if feeding a starving person food that we would consume on a daily basis but for them it would be dangerous or even poison till there body got used to it especially if they never ate it before.

Hows that for irony a starving man dies from overeating. Its just as dangerous to take a man who has been living completely alone in the wilderness and then suddenly thrust him into civilization as it would be to take somebody from civilization and suddenly thrust them into the wilderness. Both being used and adapted to there current environments one a winter jungle and the other a concrete jungle would not survive long outside there prospective environments.

Said it time and time again, humans are like goldfish. If your remove them from there fish tank and put them in another they will die because they will not be used to the new fish tank and its water and microorganisms or lack of said microorganisms, even if they technically have everything in there necessary for there survival the shock alone can and will likely kill them.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Never ceases to amaze me that people still do this and I'm kind of jealous actually. I dislike the gov. they take all the credit for everything thats good and ruin it for their own agenda. Can't once they not turn a miraculous science or invention into a weapon?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What an amazing story! I was hoping I wasn't going to read about incest or something like that!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
They escaped the wrath of civilization, only to be met with the the perpetual suffering of the wilderness. It's obvious the Siberian government had them injected with a virus to kill them off as soon as they were found, because they don't want people to see anyone who hasn't been brainwashed by the propaganda of modern civilization.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Awesome post OP. I found it very interesting ! It's amazing what humans can do when driven to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join