It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 12 years of hard work on my craft...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to Malcolm Gladwell it takes about 10,000 hours for a person to start mastering his craft. I have calculated, for myself, that I stand in the neighborhood of ~8,764 hours completed.

I reached this number by taking an average of 2 hours/day worth of work. The 2 hours average came from the fact that some days I worked 8-10 hours/day, others 5hr/day, 3hr/day and some 0hr/day

With this said I introduce to you my song "Dance With Me." It is an electronica based track but has complex melodies and elements as compared to "noise" which most people call dubstep.

I would love your thoughts and constructive criticism to help me better my skill. Enjoy!

If you have a YouTube account then SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, and LEAVE ME A COMMENT

edit on 29-1-2013 by sirissacnewtone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Your maths is wrong.

Just kidding, it's actually quite a good track! I'd reduce the delay on the vocal samples with some automation so it kicks in more towards the end of the phrase, but that's personal preference. The chord changes get a tad tiring towards the end, a key change might come in useful perhaps? Otherwise a very tidy track!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Very nice! Refreshingly different from most electronica - odd time signatures, no overwhelming bass thumping away. It didn't sound like any pitch correction was used either.
That said, the mix seemed a bit off. Vocals and a few keyboard lines seemed to stick out a bit. just a minor criticism really.
Was this was done in a home studio?
My compliments on your hard work, I'd say it's paying off.
Good job

After another listen I'd say you need to clean up the ending.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Good track that,. I have been listening to Dance,Electronica, and acid house for years and this is far better than most of them, Well done

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
thank you all for your replies and kind words, means a lot! As for the mix, its what I had come up with earlier... I'm just waiting for my engineer to send me the cleaner-sonic version.

If you are on social media please help me share my dream with others, just one click on the share button on the YouTube page. I really appreciate it guys

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
very cool, can almost get lost in it..
My suggestion would be cut out the 29 seconds that are between 26 seconds and 55 seconds in.
The way it builds up in the first 26 seconds the speedy beat that starts at 55 seconds
would be a nice little climax to immediately follow. But just an idea.
Good work though!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTimeisNigh
very cool, can almost get lost in it..
My suggestion would be cut out the 29 seconds that are between 26 seconds and 55 seconds in.
The way it builds up in the first 26 seconds the speedy beat that starts at 55 seconds
would be a nice little climax to immediately follow. But just an idea.
Good work though!

hmmm will try and arrange that to see if there's a better effect on the energy. thank you for taking time out to comment!

new topics

top topics

join