It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you describe "enlightenment" in one sentance...what is it to you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Brightness from obscurity.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
"a sentence that includes almost all of the responses in this thread in one"

for me i would say

enlightenment is the awakening of spiritual centers within the body, which in turn increases the level of spiritual throughput and allows it to be detected, to exist permanently in awareness of the higher self.
edit on 29-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think 'enlightenment" is a very subjective word.

In some instances i would be inclined to say enlightenment is attained after death.

In others, i would say enlightenment is 'understanding universal law from within'.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
reply to post by Unity_99

To the OP, thanks for dropping by and letting me know about this thread; a lotta jewels and dope responses in here, I dig it. Only thing I can add,

''When your own heart asks. Commit to following your heart, all the time every time, without fail''

I just want to say I didn't write the OP.

www.youtube.com...

(the battle is the inner one)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's an fnord created by the new age movement to derail you from their true purpose, behind the candy cotton promises lies a very precise agenda.And constantly repeating enlightenment this, and enlightenment that strips the worth and the true meaning of the word. It's like love, you love cheese and you also love your children, but there is no comparison.
edit on 29-1-2013 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

And what exactly is this agenda you speak of? Do you have any evidence for it?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
i was just reading a thread on enlightenment...and how a member here thinks he achieved it

then i started wondering about the psy-ops invloved in achieving this
i heard horror stories about monks and their ordeals in reaching enilghtenment.

BUT WHAT IS IT??

in one sentance, i want your perspective on what enlightenment means

i gaurantee, the percpectives will be completely unique and individual

i will start...
btw my opinion came to me recently......

"enlightenment is when a person shares the soul of the sun, in ancient ideology, a divine ruler"

so my theory is that it cant be achieved...so what have the monks been working on lol

love to see your perspective....dont be shy

peace
Hi,
I wouldn't know; unless I could no longer achieve those awesome "ah-ha" moments. Few and far in between those dreadful "oh crap" moments that frequent my air/brain/space more often than not.

To have the solution to life's puzzle? That would be enlightenment to me.
Cool thread

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Something a read about on ATS. LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nothing.

this is enlightenment.

nothing else is enlightened

just... nothing

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Enlightenment is a "state of being" in which an "individual" fears no-thing, accepts what is, and rejects what is not.

Second Line.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Enlightenment is the balance between Unity and Nothingness.

-----------------------------------------------

It is worth pointing out that Enlightenment comes in phases. These degrees of awareness have but one aim... to dissolve duality.

I think where most get "caught up" in regards to enlightenment, is their inability to separate the literal from the figurative. It's all duality. It's ALL illusion. It's ALL MIND!

I suggest you approach this subject from the center out.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

To journey how ever FAR 1 must to provide SERVICE TO OTHERS (STO) and not get knowledge to GAIN SERVICE TO SELF (STS)...

to claim to represent LIGHT and talk bad or down on ANY below it is not enlightening to 1 although...
To criticize in order to increase their LIGHT POTENTIAL hmmm is worth the cause for it only makes things BRIGHTER***

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
maybe something like "All is as it should be" or "All is well" or "it is what it is" or something

I think the core of enlightenment is acceptance. But what do I know

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Waking up everyday

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
When you are connected with your Higher Self, who has no name other than I am. My favorite story on obtaining enlightenment is when a yogi sought it his whole life, tried everything, nearly gave up, and finally achieved it when he was walking in an open market and overheard someone ask a vendor which was his best cut of meat, to which the vendor replied "they're all the best".

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Great thread!

Enlightenment is a never ending process; just when you think you have climbed the hill, another horizon looms but the key is to rest as the valley.

Very vague but what I am saying is that enlightenment isn't something that you can't really achieve and you must be aware of this fact. The thing that will benefit the most is humbleness so just relax.

We should take all these sayings and create a Fortune Cookie company

edit on 30-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Accidental double post, delete please.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Awareness.

"What is Love?" "Can you describe Love?" etc. *shrug*

The word Enlightenment is generally useless due to over saturation for too many variable concepts without proper context being provided or understood. Like "God" the term "Enlightenment" can only be meaningfully used between people who have already agreed upon a common understanding of its context and application.
edit on 30-1-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
When you see and realize the mind/ego/thinker of thoughts isn't you, an illusuory construct, the observer then drops down into the heart where it merges with the source of all things, i.e the rain drop falls into the ocean.

i've tasted this.

it's real.

The monks are on to something

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join