It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim businessman told to remove sign from home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A millionaire Muslim businessman who has written a religious slogan on the side of his house has been told to remove it after it upset his neighbours.

Mahmood Ali, 54, fell out with residents and planners over the Arabic slogan which reads: "There is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his messenger".

7ft by 2ft was the size of the slogan.
I think if i proclaimed that im god in 2 foot letters on the side of my house
the police would be round sharpish.
Remeber the uproar of the nurse wearing a cross..
or the old lady who lived on her street most of her life
only to one day be raided by the police and her life long collection of pig ornaments taken away because
her muslim neighbours complained (cant find source for that one)

Anyway sorry for going on, worked pretty hard today

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: source

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

What's the big deal...people drive around with Jesus bumper stickers and if it's my property and I want to put something up..so be it....if an atheist wanted to put up "there is no god" that would be fine by me also..
edit on 29-1-2013 by chrismarco because: spelling not my strong point,,in addition to 100 other things (according to my wife)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Not here friend
and certainly not in the midlands (maybe 20 yrs ago)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

He wants a phrase on his house?
So long as its not hateful or rude I do not care quite frankly-its his house,he can paint in bright pink if he wants.

He isn't trying to force his view on people,like those goonsters who were on you tube trying to enforce sharia in London a while back...
Those fools are the problem-they try to force an issue on our tolerant society,and have been rightly arrested.

Let him have his words on his house-it really should not be the concern of the council in the first place.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
Glad to see the muslims have to follow the same rules as the indigenous population for once.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

As a Christian, I say go ahead. But then I remember several other stories where Muslims raised hell out of similar Christian slogans on private property.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's probably an asthetic thing.

Some neighborhoods restrict even the color you are allowed to paint your house. It's silly, but it's done to protect the property value.

No one wants to buy a house when the house next door is an eyesore -- and your home is only worth what someone will pay for it.

I don't think this has anything to do with restricting the religious freedoms of anyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I can attest to that. Back in the late 90's (1997ish) we were looking for a new house. We found a great house in a lovely area but they regulated:

1) What sort of blinds and other window decorations we could hang. (I.e., nothing that didn't fit with everyone else.)
2) How and when we cut our grass.
3) We couldn't have cars outside on the driveway because it could potentially leave oil stains.
4) We couldn't plant anything as it would ruin the aesthetics of the community.
5) And a ton more.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
bloody political correctness gone mad!!!!

oh, hang on a minute....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
Remeber the uproar of the nurse wearing a cross..
or the old lady who lived on her street most of her life
only to one day be raided by the police and her life long collection of pig ornaments taken away because
her muslim neighbours complained (cant find source for that one)

Found it: www.independent.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join