It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Hitler know about how to reach the sheeple?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
To the OP, first people should not be called sheeple. Secondly, there are no significant differences between the average German or the average American, Englishman, Frenchman or Russian. It is fairly easy for a dictator to mobilize his country to war. You feed them false propaganda that their nation is threatened. Patriotic people respond when called to duty. The typical German is/was a good person who fought for his country because he believed it was patriotic to do so. Many in Germany - Germans had a sophisticated and advanced society - opposed Hitler, and these people lost their lives. Hitler was a disaster for the Germans, just as he was a disaster for the nations he attacked. I could see people idolizing Idi Amin before they idolized Hitler.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

As a rule I don't like to brand or label people. Out of frustration I used sheeple because it is a well known term here on this web site. I used it to reference people who are willing to be led rather than find their own way. I am referring to the large percentage of people who don't vote, never voice their opinion, never contact their legislators or senators, who are willing to remain complacent and live in the denial of truth. If I have offended anyone I apologize.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I do not want go off thread, the OP thread, how did Hitler manipulate the masses? Undeniably a lot of Jews were killed in WWII - over one million at Auschwitz alone. Wikipedia is a good source - they list their sources at the bottom of the article. Not good enough in a court of law or at a college, but far better than neo-nazi propaganda websites. Keep worshipping your syphilitic manwhore. Now the real question, was Adolph a top or a bottom? Or was he just a coprophile who murdered his niece? Note Mussolini referred to Hitler as "that vile sexual degenerate".
www.defendthefamily.com...
The entire Pink Swastika makes interesting reading.
To get back on topic, I don't believe Hitler persuaded the two thirds of Germans who voted against him. He persuaded one third of Germans who voted for him by using effective propaganda. Who doesn't like the idea they are part of a master race? what a delicious lie. Of course, the Leader of this "master race" was a sexual degenerate murderer.
Any cult leader is suspect.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
An estimated 325,000 non-ethnic German volunteers and conscripts served in the Waffen-SS
en.wikipedia.org...

Albania: 9000 in the 21st SS Division
Armenia : 2000
Belgium: 12,000 Flemish in the 5th SS Div., 27th SS Div.
Belgium: 15,000 Walloons 5th SS Div., 28th SS Div.
British Commonwealth: never more than 100 in the British Free Corps
Bulgaria: 700 in the Bulgarisches Reg.
Croatia (includes Bosnian Muslims): 20,000 in the 7th SS Div., 13th SS Handschar Div., 23rd SS Div.
Denmark: 8,000 in Frikorps Danmark, 11th SS Div.

38 Divisions from 30 countries of the most culturally diverse fighting force the world has ever seen.
But he was a Racist. Crock of #.
April 17th 1940 the conqueror gives Independence to Croatia for the first time in 900 years.
Last Axis country in Europe to surrender. Croatia.

edit on Tue Feb 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k
An estimated 325,000 non-ethnic German volunteers and conscripts served in the Waffen-SS
en.wikipedia.org...

Albania: 9000 in the 21st SS Division
Armenia : 2000
Belgium: 12,000 Flemish in the 5th SS Div., 27th SS Div.
Belgium: 15,000 Walloons 5th SS Div., 28th SS Div.
British Commonwealth: never more than 100 in the British Free Corps
Bulgaria: 700 in the Bulgarisches Reg.
Croatia (includes Bosnian Muslims): 20,000 in the 7th SS Div., 13th SS Handschar Div., 23rd SS Div.
Denmark: 8,000 in Frikorps Danmark, 11th SS Div.

38 Divisions from 30 countries of the most culturally diverse fighting force the world has ever seen.
But he was a Racist. Crock of #.
April 17th 1940 the conqueror gives Independence to Croatia for the first time in 900 years.
Last Axis country in Europe to surrender. Croatia.

edit on Tue Feb 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

My wife is ethnic Croatian, so let me address the Croatian situation. Historically Croatia had aligned with Hungary, but they were never suppressed and had their own parliament. Croatians were treated very well as part of Austria Hungary. Croatians, not Serbs, originally wanted to create Yugoslavia. The two did not get along in their new nation, but the Croatian Nazis in WWII were evil in the way they treated Serbs. Hitler was the ultimate racist. Hitler did put his name to one death order. All children who were deformed, crippled, mentally slow, had what was considered less than ideal head shape - were rounded up and killed by the state. There was so much dissent in Germany even Hitler had to back off.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

My wife is Croatian as well and her story vs HIS STORY differs greatly. I won't get into it.
The Fact that Hitler gave them their independence is what struck me strange being the Big Bad Wolf Conqueror portrayed to be and all.
What I am trying to point at is, It is irrelevant how he came to power. He did by whatever means, good or bad.
What I find curious, as I think the OP is suggesting,is the masses were brainwashed somehow.
How is that possible? 75 plus million Germans all brainwashed? AS suggested earlier the German people didn't vote him in.
Ok for #s and giggles I'll go with the 30 percent in 1933. What 10 -12 million roughly?
So for the next 6 years to 1939 the other 60 plus million sat on their hands and got brainwashed, because the first 10-12 million did? HOW?
That great speaker crap doesn't cut it!
They just went with the Flow?
When Hitler annexed Austria in 1938, why was the referendum vote In April 1938, 99.73 percent in favor to reunify with Germany? They would surely have heard stories by now of this evil guy.

On 13 March 1938, the Anschluss of Austria was officially declared. Two days later Hitler (an Austrian by birth), announced what he called the "re-unification" of his home country with the "rest of Germany" on Vienna's Heldenplatz. He established a plebiscite confirming the union with Germany in April 1938. Parliamentary elections were held in Germany (including recently-annexed Austria) on 10 April 1938.[1] They were the final elections to the Reichstag during Nazi rule and took the form of a single-question referendum asking whether voters approved of a single Nazi-party list for the 813-member Reichstag as well as the recent annexation of Austria (the Anschluss). Turnout in the election was officially 99.5% with 98.9% voting "yes".[1] In the case of Austria, Hitler's native soil, 99.71% of an electorate of 4,484,475 officially went to the ballots, with a positive tally of 99.73%.

Austria
All these millions more all brainwashed in a month or was it ONE speech that did it?
Why did 30 ethnic peoples join the Waffen SS not the Wehrmacht, the SS?
Why did the Ukrainians flee with the Germans, when the Russian started to push them back?
Hungry, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia etc. All brainwashed, more millions?
This one evil guy speaks so well and convinces millions? He has never done one good thing ever.
Yet millions follow him to their death! What did he promise them?
Evil people don't keep promises!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
The very high percentage voting in Austria to join Germany was cheap propaganda by Hitler. My understanding of reading history is that 2/3 of Austrians did not want to join Germany, while 1/3 did. There never was a free vote on the subject as Hitler prevented an honest vote when the Austrian Prime Minister tried to have one.
I think you have been getting all your numbers from neo-nazi websites. German generals have written Hitler's number one mistake in the invasion of Russia, is that Hitler suppressed Ukraine rather than liberating Ukraine. Many Ukrainians, after the Holodomor, hated Stalin. Other German generals have written it was a hopeless task no matter what they did.
The first thing Hitler did when he entered Prague, in violation of the Munich agreement, was loot the Czechoslovak national bank. Hitler had mismanaged the German economy and was in desperate need of the stolen gold.
Only a fraction, perhaps a third of Germans, actively supported Hitler. It is easy to find sources to read what happened to the dissidents. Whenever there is a true dictatorship, the dictator can take his country to war if he chooses. Which Hitler did. According to what I have seen on the History Channel, the average (typical?) German was highly opposed to having another war.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I simply identified in Hitler's Mein Kampf Chapter 6, what he wrote about how to utilize propaganda to influence people. How to construct it, how to proclaim it and who to target. I wanted to identify that he believed the most effective way was to target the less informed and yes, less intelligent. I am not painting a whole country as stupid. When people choose not to stay informed and actively defending liberty they become the target for propaganda. As for the example of TV that I used. There are children's stations and programing that meet the needs of youth, I find it difficult to find any intelligent conversation or dialogue outside of PBS. Lest you suggest that I am some kind of elitist because I am concerned that America is becoming more and more "dumbed down" providing a target for carefully constructed propaganda that furthers the TPTB agenda, I would say it is without arrogance or pride that I suggest this but with a love for America and any other country that protects the life and liberty of its people. It is our choice whether we are people or sheeple.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

What did Hitler know about how to reach the sheeple?

My personal theory is that he travelled forward in time and took lessons from Stephen Harper......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join