It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Hitler know about how to reach the sheeple?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was recently in conversation with friends about the dumbing down of America. It is especially obvious in TV. I remember when it was said that TV was targeted to a 12 year old level. It must be at about 6 years old now. If you look at the reality shows and their popularity as an indicator of what is important to the majority of Americans we are in big trouble. With all the serious issues facing our country why in the hell should we care what the Kardashians are doing! This dumbing down has impacted our government as well! They open their mouths and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they should never have been elected. How does this dumbing down impact our country?

Now you are probably wondering why I mentioned Hitler. Was it just a ploy to draw you in? Well maybe a little, but the truth is Hitler understood how to reach the sheeple. Take a look at Vol. 1, Chapter 6 of Mein Kampf.

www.mondopolitico.com...

This strategy is still being utilized in our country. The propaganda is directed right at the sheeple.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Added comment

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Oops, seems like the link has automatically been rated as a hate site so will not work

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I will try to find a better source. I was successful in finding a better source. I apologize for that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Can you quote or paraphrase the main points?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

I will give it a try. Basically he states that for propaganda to be effective it needs to be directed at the sheeple not intellectuals. That it needs to be consistent and not change. Just repeated over and over without regard to evidence to the contrary, At a certain point of saturation the propaganda is totally embraced and accepted as the truth.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A dumb population has no chance of organizing or asking questions. They just fallow along with what they are told. They are lazy because they have been sucked into a life style of TV, over stimulation and food witch destroyer's their ability to think clearly.(most dont watch what they eat, it has a HUGE effect on your mental capacity, it scientifically engineered to make you stupid) They have no hope because they have no real spiritualization only religion threw control. Most of the time they truly are sleeping because of the TV witch turns your brain waves from beta into alpha state witch is one state away from night night time
. A couple hours a day, spending a large majority of your life in front of it can probably permanently turn you into a walking sleeper as long as you continually watch.

This documentary was posted last night. It has a VAST amount of information that many people are afraid to touch. It really needs to get out, in order to expose the brain wash programs set across ALL levels of society. It even talks about how it used kids summer camps in the MK ultra programs. They had no idea they wear being experimented on like lab rats. Maybe you are in a program such as this one as well. To some extent we are all in a program.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think it was the BBC
But they did a brilliant documentry on how Hitler used the economic crisis and ruthless terms of surrender in Germany to turn the populace towards him and against the jews.
It happens in the middle east a lot as well, find a common enemy and unite the people against them, when Argentina invaded the Falklands it was a way to try and avoid he death knoll of the gov't at the time.
Watch out America this ploy may well apply to you as well

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle

I will give it a try. Basically he states that for propaganda to be effective it needs to be directed at the sheeple not intellectuals. That it needs to be consistent and not change. Just repeated over and over without regard to evidence to the contrary, At a certain point of saturation the propaganda is totally embraced and accepted as the truth.

Kind of like how the democrats operate huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Do you believe the GOP hasn't used this strategy? Every political party and government in recorded history has utilized this strategy with varying degrees of success.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Add

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

When you are providing an entertainment service to virtually everyone in the country then you have to try to cater to everyone's intellectual as well as emotional tastes. That's no easy task. The 'dummies' have as much right to be entertained on their own level as do the intellectuals. Intellectuals tend to prefer a wider variety of outlets so less of them spend time in front of a television set therefore the prime thrust of the TV channels is towards the less intelligent aka the more emotional. Ages range from small children to the very elderly.

That television is also used as a propaganda tool is no surprise, it would be a surprise if it wasn't. The temptation is too great particularly for government which always needs to get its messages, and agenda, across to the public. Hitler had a sound take on the power of propaganda which he learnt through studying how the UK used it to very positive effect.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Although it's been around for many, many years, fox "news" certainly perfected it. They appeal to people's raw emotions with no regard for the truth of any matter, rile the people up, then feed them whatever it is they want the people to think. It's very disgraceful and is doing great harm to our nation. The opposing "news" services took up the same line and do it from an opposing side now. There's no longer any such thing as "news" because all the services that are supposed to provide it use these methods to manipulate the people watching.

There was a time when the anchorman was trusted, when what you were told was the truth and it had been researched and was void of emotion. It was the facts and only the facts. That isn't the case anymore. Fox did start the biggest surge in the bastardization of the facts and others have followed suit. "Freedom of the press" no longer exists because the press no longer exists. We only have opinionists now, no news casters, no reporters, no journalism, just people sharing their opinion about things trying to manipulate the people watching.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
I think it was the BBC
But they did a brilliant documentry on how Hitler used the economic crisis and ruthless terms of surrender in Germany to turn the populace towards him and against the jews.
It happens in the middle east a lot as well, find a common enemy and unite the people against them, when Argentina invaded the Falklands it was a way to try and avoid he death knoll of the gov't at the time.
Watch out America this ploy may well apply to you as well

The Iraq war. They were painted as the enemy after 9/11 even though they played no part in it whatsoever. This very method was used to make them the common enemy and make the people of the US go against Iraq as opposed to going after the people who were actually responsible for 9/11 (not that we have absolute proof of who those people actually were... but we do know it wasn't Iraq).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Kind of like how the democrats operate huh?

No, fox is watched mostly by republicans

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What did Hitler know to control the sheeple. He had the gift of gab~

He was a smooth talker and knew what to say and how to say it.

Presentation, presentation, smoking gun, presentation. Mirror~

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

He was a catholic.

Apealing to religion always works for anyone trying manipulate people, just look at republicans and look at how crazy they are.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The answer is much simpler. In fact it is so simple, it can be summed up with just a single word:
FEAR

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

That FEAR was spread and reinforced by the propaganda machine and that FEAR took us right into Iraq. Fear is the bottom line base motivator for propaganda.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Watch the entirety of one of Hitler's speeches. You do not need to understand German to observe his technique. He begins clumsily, as though he is not used to speaking in public. He fumbles with the mic. He shuffles. He projects an air of being a common man, humble, someone the plain old working people in the audience can relate to. His performance was so spot on that I knew someone who was visiting Germany for the Olympics who walked out early on one of his speeches because "that little [expletive] was a lousy public speaker." But, during the course of the speech he begins to become impassioned. He seems so moved by what he is saying that his words come more easily, his body language becomes more confident. By the end, which is the usual snippet you get to see on newsreels and in documentaries, he seems to be a force of nature. The words pour out of him forcefully, as though inspired by some superhuman agency. His gestures are broad and theatrical, his voice strident and commanding. And he has taken the audience with him on his journey. They feel that they, too, have gone from being some poor wretch who cannot put two words together to being an indomitable master of the world.

That's the trick. Get people to think you are "one of them." Appeal to their passions and turn the heat up slowly. Finally, leave them feeling as though they are powerful... if they follow your program. Beware of anyone who uses this technique. Anyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You have to smile at the irony in the heading of the OP's thread, a form of propaganda itself is it not? Coined to attract readers. Nothing in it to arouse fear though which kind of defuses one or two posts.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hitler happened to have the right type of propagandistic message at exactly the right time and told the German population what they desperately wanted to hear. They'd lost their shirts ( and dignity ) in WWI, and the depression was extremely profound in Germany.

The population was desperate for an out.

Along came this charismatic ( I know - to us he's horrendously ugly and his speaking mannerisms seem tacky and way over the top. Watch some news reels from any other nation and you'll quickly see that even in the US that sort of dramatic, animated, stuttering and guttural style was very much in vogue. I'd imagine hold overs from the days of circuit preachers and such )... anyway... along came this charismatic man who promised to take Germany out of the dregs and reinstall it as THE major superpower on Earth.

The people ate it up. IMO they also, in that moment, somewhat knowingly made a deal with the Devil and kind of, on a national level, began the habit of looking the other way and pretending that everything was just hunky-dory in good ole' Berlin.

I think that by the time most Germans realized just what they'd done - it was too late to change it, so they were left with nothing to do but root for the home team and pray for the best.

Put yourself in their shoes for a minute. The best one could do, in that situation, is honestly to hope to win the war and then quietly hope that somebody more moderate might assassinate the Fuhrer and brings things back to a more sane level of evil.

The irony? I look at America today and I am deeply reminded of Germany in the thirties. I see the same sort of desperation and fear that history seems to show the Germans having. We may not be quite as bad off... but we've got issues enough that a Hitler-like person could rise here. All it would take is for a charismatic person to come along and promise us all what we think we want to hear.

I'll fix the economy. I'll bring the jobs back! I'll take that Diane Fienstein out back and personally spank her before sending her back to California in shame! I'll repeal Obamacare on day ONE and cut entitlements so that only those trying to get a leg up will get a hand out! Elect me and I will make America GREAT AGAIN!"

Many of the people on ATS would vote for that guy even if he had horns and a red tail. They'd be willing to make a deal with that devil to get what they want.

I fear that history does repeat itself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join