It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House using Photo Shop to Depict Obama on the Skeet Range

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

no - i am pointing out your hypocrisy and lack of critical thinking you didnt know it was parody in the OP

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Geez jibeho, what next? Gonna start a thread about a photoshopped Birth Certificate from the "White House" website?

Oh, wait...nevermind

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
At least I'm not the only one and at least I admitted my error in not catching the banner title. The parody website in question appears to have been disabled or at least overwhelmed with traffic.

Mag Pushes Fake Picture of Obama Skeet Shooting
Then deletes it.

The New Republic

President Obama recently told the New Republic magazine, "Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time." Today, after some suggested the president's claim might not be true, the New Republic tweeted a picture supposedly proving that Obama has gone skeet shooting:

@tnr: PHOTO: Obama shooting skeet at Camp David. whitehouse.gov1.info... … (from whitehouse.gov... )

And here's the picture the magazine pointed to:

The only problem: the picture is a fake, and not hosted on the White House's website.

Within minutes the magazine had deleted the tweet and admitted its mistake:

And then the magazine blamed Twitter for its mistake:

They blamed twitter ha ha ha

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
reply to post by jibeho

Geez jibeho, what next? Gonna start a thread about a photoshopped Birth Certificate from the "White House" website?

Oh, wait...nevermind

Not one of my better days

I did find this footage of Obama skeet shooting a looong time ago.. ... Enjoy

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am just thankful that the topic was firearms and not nude tetherball.

*shudder*

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Okay OP... You know you have it coming .. Stand still now....

(Beats Jibeho with a steel plated carrot for 5 solid minutes) Take THAT you mere human that makes mistakes!

Now I gotta hop off in shame cause I didn't do my own checking either ... Kinda makes us both guilty huh?

(slinks off to hide in hole for awhile and consider the term 'Source Checking' a little more carefully)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
NOOOOO! I so very much wanted this to me true. Can't we just move it back to what ever forum it was originally in and pretend that it's true?

Scary thing is, given all the crap we're fed daily, it could have been true, seemed credible enough.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This thread is shameful. The title should be changed.
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well we already knew that certain people within the Obama administration were decent with photoshop, if you catch my drift, lol. Although this is not that big of a deal, it sets a precedent in my opinion that should not be set, which is the allowance of fraudulent ideas and information.

So even though it is just a picture, the fact that the White House released this to the public and it is something that never happened really bothers me, because what else are they willing to fabricate or lie about? I am wondering if Obama knew about this at all, although he likely did, and the picture was likely designed to "condition" Americans into thinking some particular thing about guns.

I think what it is saying is this: guns are okay for sport, but that is all, and look, even president Obama is a gun guy when it comes to using guns correctly, yada yada, etc etc. Bullcrap. The truth is that the American people NEED guns to protect themselves against a government that could any day turn the military on its own people, declaring martial law and shooting those who do not comply. But THAT is what the White House does not want you thinking about, and that is what I gather from this picture.

Maybe I am reading way too much into this, but at the very least it is still a fabrication, and something like this should not be done, and it obviously was done for SOME PURPOSE. What purpose we may disagree over, collectively, but I have stated my opinion on the issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
That's some really bad photoshop.

Probably the same staffer who put together the long form birth certificate.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The photos remind me of Tiger Woods playing golf.

Honestly...don't people have better things to do...than promote these laughable and fake photos.

edit on 29-1-2013 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Does that form actually help in skeet shooting? Maybe I'll try it next time I'm out on the range.

Don't forget the golf shoes either!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay OP... You know you have it coming .. Stand still now....

(Beats Jibeho with a steel plated carrot for 5 solid minutes) Take THAT you mere human that makes mistakes!

Now I gotta hop off in shame cause I didn't do my own checking either ... Kinda makes us both guilty huh?

(slinks off to hide in hole for awhile and consider the term 'Source Checking' a little more carefully)

This proves how gullible and naive many are on this site. Just another example of how ATS promotes ignorance instead of denying it.
edit on 30-1-2013 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

Wow... Was that really necessary?

The OP highlighted his own error the moment he realized it and took ownership of it in a way I rarely see done these days.

Likewise...with a little humor tossed in to lighten the gravity of the Fail for not source checking, I tried as gracefully as possible to admit my own errors in jumping the gun to assume it was accurate.

It's not as though Photoshop has never been used inappropriately (OUTSIDE b/c claims) ...or that things like fake singing and bands who weren't playing weren't actually JUST used in the Inauguration to give people reasonable basis to consider a thing like this possible.

It's like I tell my Son in trying to teach him honesty and integrity. When he lies on the small stuff? No one believes him on ANYTHING.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Wow... Was that really necessary?

The OP highlighted his own error the moment he realized it and took ownership of it in a way I rarely see done these days.

Likewise...with a little humor tossed in to lighten the gravity of the Fail for not source checking, I tried as gracefully as possible to admit my own errors in jumping the gun to assume it was accurate.

It's not as though Photoshop has never been used inappropriately (OUTSIDE b/c claims) ...or that things like fake singing and bands who weren't playing weren't actually JUST used in the Inauguration to give people reasonable basis to consider a thing like this possible.

It's like I tell my Son in trying to teach him honesty and integrity. When he lies on the small stuff? No one believes him on ANYTHING.

It was totally necessary because that kind of stuff happens on here all the time. This time it wasn't a big deal. This site does more to spread ignorance than stop it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

That's quite an interesting reply you make there. I just spent a few minutes reading across your last few dozen posts on ATS, as I often do when getting a reply such as that, and I found something interesting. (everyone's profile is so helpful for context)

They are all, save for one, 1 or 2 line posts insulting or attacking other members as being ignorant or uneducated (I'm using kinder words than you have).

Now this message wouldn't be any better if it didn't have a point...so my point is to ask this. How are 1-2 line zingers to attack and ridicule others, consistently delivered, working to deny or counter ignorance? It would almost seem to be helping to spread it, wouldn't it?

edit on 30-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor adjustment of wording

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've been visiting this site since '04 and just created an account a few months ago. The ignorant and delusional comments are what provoked me to create the account in the first place. I am convinced that most members on this site are mentally disturbed. My comments are not nearly as harmful as the misinformation that is constantly spread on this site.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I do appreciate the reply and it helps me understand your mindset much better. Hmm.. Indeed.

It might be downright helpful to meet what you perceive as ignorance with factual information and solid references. That approach would be a positive thing to correct what apparently upset you enough to make an account. It does seem a better method than simply sniping folks with 1 line put downs as a regular thing across all sorts of threads and forums.

For example, the OP on this very thread probably would have reacted badly, as I know I would have, if the replies had simply been to ridicule his mistake and insult rather than what did happen where people pointed out the actual nature of the site source and in doing so, explained the goof.

Everyone makes goofs, after all and that's all this was. An innocent mistake. Given that? The OP caught and corrected himself and immediately. As did I, given the fact I had replied in support.

Honestly....upon reading your reply, MY first reaction was to write a downright nasty and biting reply. Then I caught myself....took a few minutes to consider things, as I've come to try hard at doing in recent months, and came up with something I thought may be constructive as opposed to hateful.

Oh well.... We all have a different reason for spending time and posting at ATS, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
couldnt they find a better photo of obama? they must have a couple lying around.

that photo looks like hes about to fall over or that he doesnt even know how to hold a weaon!

first time I saw it I said FAKE!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join