It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krauthammer Hits Home Run: We Have a Statue of Liberty, Not a Statue of Equality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The statement shows up around 4:20 into the response by Charles Krauthammer.
He is a regular on Fox News.

The statue of equality can be found in Cuba.
Fair shared misery

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

............Says a rich old white man.

Strange how the people who stand on the backs of others claim to be so tall.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I could not agree more. With liberty you can find success. If you are looking for it to be dumped in your lap it is not likely you will find success. Successful people generally fail repeatedly before they find it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

He is also a physically disabled psychiatrist. Check Wikipedia.
He was in a car accident.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What does white have to do with anything? Or are you one of those people who say "race shouldn't matter" then bring it up constantly as if it mattered??

Equality means equal opportunity not..."hey lets cut off everyone legs so no one can be better than those unfortunate enough to not have legs"

edit on 29-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

He is also a physically disabled psychiatrist. Check Wikipedia.
He was in a car accident.

Yeah dude that guy isn't standing on anything.

He is smarter than you.

He is right.

Don't be so upset that there are those that will be better, or more successful than you. Life is what you make of it. No one ever got rich crying on forums. No one is going to hand you what this man has worked his ass off for.
edit on 29-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

edit on 29-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Ahh who cares. It will just be a stupid argument about dualistic small minded views anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

What does white have to do with anything? Or are you one of those people who say "race shouldn't matter" then bring it up constantly as if it does mattered??

Equality means equal opportunity not..."hey lets cut off everyone legs so no one can be better than those unfortunate enough to not have legs"

I don't think he noticed that Charles Krauthammer was sitting in a wheelchair.
edit on 29-1-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Liberty never made something wheelchair accessible.

Its laws about the size of sidewalks, ramps for entrances, and bathroom stalls that do that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Funny thing, I did not realize the the statue of liberty is a founding document of the United States of America. Stupid me

As for actual founding documents, let's take a look at the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

It doesn't surprise me that all that Fox News contributor Krauthammer would use a Foreign made statue as evidence to support the denial of a founding principle of the USA; after all, the owner of his company (Rupert Murdoch) is a foreigner. Are we sure Krauthammer is even an American; sounds like a foreigner to me? I think he might be Kenyan.

edit on 29-1-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

We are created equally! We are not entitled to have the playing field leveled and/or destroyed by the govt though. Everyone has a chance if they are able to work for it. A concept that is foreign to Obama and his very short list of accomplishments and proven track record of affirmative action success that had nothing to do with his qualifications as a person. ie. Harvard law school and his appointment to head the Law review. He admitted it himself. That same notion firmed up his victory in 2008. The most unqualified president in MOdern US history.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Funny thing, I did not realize the the statue of liberty is a founding document of the United States of America. Stupid me

As for actual founding documents, let's take a look at the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

It doesn't surprise me that all that Fox News contributor Krauthammer would use a Foreign made statue as evidence to support the denial of a founding principle of the USA; after all, the owner of his company (Rupert Murdoch) is a foreigner. Are we sure Krauthammer is even an American; sounds like a foreigner to me? I think he might be Kenyan.

Stay on topic.
We have a statue of liberty, not a statue of equality.
We also guarantee life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
God bless America!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Actually you sound like a foreigner with a distaste and resentment for "Liberty" as if its not a part of this country...

"that among these are life, LIBERTY and the pursuit of happiness."

There is this complete and total misguided perception that if a man isn't burdened equally its because hes exploiting those who are burdened...discriminating against the "have's" is just as bad as discriminating against the have not's.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just so you know?

The personal commentary will stop right now. The issue, and some of you have already forgotten what it is, is: Krauthammer Hits Home Run: We Have a Statue of Liberty, Not a Statue of Equality.

That issue, not each other.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Actually you sound like a foreigner with a distaste and resentment for "Liberty" as if its not a part of this country...

Whoa there; cool those jets hotrod. I did not exhibit distaste and resentment for liberty...unless pointing out the fact that the Statue of liberty is in fact a foreign import. I merely stated that the statue of liberty is not a founding document and then presented text of a founding document that included the word equal....oddly enough, as you pointed out again, the quote I used also includes the word liberty. I could have easily omitted that word; yet my "resentment" of it caused me to include it.
Logic disconnect.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

This is not The United States " Land of the free " This is the United States " Land of the Restricted " (As in, you are free to pursue your happiness anyway you see fit as long as you "Obey" all the ridiculous laws you have to tight rope to get there)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

This is not The United States " Land of the free " This is the United States " Land of the Restricted " (As in, you are free to pursue your happiness anyway you see fit as long as you "Obey" all the ridiculous laws you have to tight rope to get there)

I believe you will discover " ridiculous laws" in every nation.
We have the Statue of Liberty, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What an ignorant and racist thing to say. This is the kind of excuse lazy, ill motivated people make. Maybe the double standard is to blame.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

oddly enough, as you pointed out again, the quote I used also includes the word liberty. I could have easily omitted that word; yet my "resentment" of it caused me to include it.
Logic disconnect.

I apologize I guess I just assumed you were ignorant to what you had done to contradict yourself.

new topics

top topics

join