It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the skeptics: What would it take to make you believe in alien visitation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Didn't mean to offend Lichter, just harmless banter. sorry if it did. But in reality, if you have had some sort of contact, then how awsome. Ever time I go outside of a night I look up at the numerous stars (no interference where we are from city lights) and get frustrated that I've not seen or experienced anything. Heck, even when good ol stevie greer was claiming he could bring em down at will, I offered the use of any useful part of our 1100 acre bush block for "them" to use. I guess his aliens didn't like trees but preferred sites where certain individuals could properly stage manage the so called contact. But my offer is still there to anybody who wants to call down any ET friends. Heck, they can even set up a "secret base" in one of our hillsides if they want.

That's an interesting offer because many on here claim to be in contact or can make then appear in the sky above them, I think you should start a thread regarding your offer and lets see if any of these members that claim that BS have the guts to prove what they claim don't hold your breath

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
As a first hand witness to a flying saucer my self, you skeptics could never quite possibly comprehend the lulz you give us believers.

AS WE SAW THEM WITH OUR OWN EYES.

Thus we have more knowledge than you.

Keep denying, because WE know the truth

Come on dont act like that, Im a believer, ive seen an object and a number of interesting lights at night in the last 30+ years but im sure as hell aint gonna tell or accuse someone that hasnt that says they dont believe, of being an idiot.

And i sure wouldn't laugh at em, after all what i saw, i saw, it was proof for me (until proven otherwise) so saying someone that disagrees with me is an idiot would be me being the real idiot.

And id happily change my views on the subject if tomorrow they showed proof that the entire subject was fabricated nonsense, which is something some believers appear incapable of comprehending. Which to my mind makes me question the reasons they believe in it to begin with (ie its more of a 'ha ha ive experienced something you havent so im better than you are, im special!' which is just sad really).

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Go for it if you like. You can be my manager and organise everybody, maybe you might get a free trip to Oz out of it
I don't want anything from it. If somebody took the offer up and wanted to set things going then the buzz of actually seeing the ETs would be enough for me. Then, maybe, as I typed a while back, they might be able to fix my broken back and reverse old age

And to litch, shame you're not in the market for land down here because we have split off 130 acres to sell so that I can finish the house for my beautiful wife.

Cheers : )

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I would say most testimonies are lies.

However, given the magnitude of how many testimonies there are, I think the whole 'where there's smoke there's fire" come's into play.

At this point it's a minority of people that intellectually dismiss the possibility of intelligent alien life. So really it's just a matter of believing they visit our little blue dot.

Personally I think the many crop circles, UFO sightings, and eye witness testimonies of beings, is enough for me to believe we have at least been visited.... at least once...

I gave my own personal account on ATS years ago. Could have been a dream. I don't believe it was.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Great call kiwi, at last someone with an open mind. Hopefully before I kick the bucket, I will know one way or the other for certain. Either way, it doesn't matter. What really sticks in my neck are the thousands if not millions of hoaxers that muddy the waters. Without those fools, there would be a much more truthful take on the whole scene. The hoaxers imo are only one very very small step above hackers and the maggots that make computer viruses.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh I agree, I just take umbrage at how some believers react in an almost 'how can you not believe are you stupid!' manner to 'skeptics' (odd term given its regularly applied to anyone who doesn't usually hold the exact same view as the person using it).

Belief/opinion is always personal, so to negatively bash someone who doesn't believe (and you have to remember that their belief it isnt real is a belief in of itself, and is therefore just as valid as the belief UFO's are proof of alien visitation) especially in a subject where there is when you are honest with yourself, no proper, as in that which is required by the majority to constitute as evidence, evidence... as of yet.

Guess you could say I despise a hostile Zealot (on both sides of the debate), since such extreme views get us nowhere in the end and we are after all trying to get to the truth (eventually), and it might not be what either side expects.

Let the evidence be weighed by its own merit, acting like an unbending zealot simply erodes what merit the subject has to begin with, and its getting pretty threadbare these days.

I might spend tea time with Aliens every afternoon, but that doesn't give me the right to tell someone their stupid for not believing in aliens, since they haven't had the same experience i have... and who knows maybe my aliens are delusion (which is something some believers refuse to acknowledge as possible, the brain is a strange and often mysterious bugger and can easily be fooled).

And as a note, no i don't spend teatime every afternoon with Aliens
if I did i can assure you id get pictures or a live stream going.

Hopefully before I kick the bucket, I will know one way or the other for certain. Either way, it doesn't matter. What really sticks in my neck are the thousands if not millions of hoaxers that muddy the waters. Without those fools, there would be a much more truthful take on the whole scene. The hoaxers imo are only one very very small step above hackers and the maggots that make computer viruses.

Meh in the last few years as ive gotten older (odd what breaking 30 does to you) ive adjusted my expectations to realize there's a pretty high chance ill be long dead before any real evidence or truth comes out, but hey we might get lucky I personally think those that are overly zealot in all this stuff are deep down just afraid that it might be all a bunch of mumbo jumbo and just get pretty defensive to cushion their own doubts, after all if your perfectly secure in your own beliefs it shouldn't matter what others think.

You can always learn from hoaxes, its those that don't that are a problem.
edit on 31-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

Originally posted by ObservingYou
As a first hand witness to a flying saucer my self, you skeptics could never quite possibly comprehend the lulz you give us believers.

AS WE SAW THEM WITH OUR OWN EYES.

Thus we have more knowledge than you.

Keep denying, because WE know the truth

Come on dont act like that, Im a believer, ive seen an object and a number of interesting lights at night in the last 30+ years but im sure as hell aint gonna tell or accuse someone that hasnt that says they dont believe, of being an idiot.

And i sure wouldn't laugh at em, after all what i saw, i saw, it was proof for me (until proven otherwise) so saying someone that disagrees with me is an idiot would be me being the real idiot.

And id happily change my views on the subject if tomorrow they showed proof that the entire subject was fabricated nonsense, which is something some believers appear incapable of comprehending. Which to my mind makes me question the reasons they believe in it to begin with (ie its more of a 'ha ha ive experienced something you havent so im better than you are, im special!' which is just sad really).

I agree, its not bad thing to approach the subject skeptically and then go from there.
Thats why i consider myself a skeptical believer.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

Go for it if you like. You can be my manager and organise everybody, maybe you might get a free trip to Oz out of it
I don't want anything from it. If somebody took the offer up and wanted to set things going then the buzz of actually seeing the ETs would be enough for me. Then, maybe, as I typed a while back, they might be able to fix my broken back and reverse old age

And to litch, shame you're not in the market for land down here because we have split off 130 acres to sell so that I can finish the house for my beautiful wife.

Cheers : )

Man, if i had that kind of money, id be there in a heart beat. Not to try and invite aliens,because for one i dont believe anyone can really do that anyway. It would make for some awesome star gazing though. The things i could do with 130 acres.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm at home (day or night), the door bell goes, i open it.......to see an alien who says to me "believe now?"

That would pretty much do it for me.

Failing that, proper governmental disclosure would certainly help.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
For some I think it would take a visitation like Lonnie Zamora and Gary Wilcox who both spotted an oval craft in 1964, April 24th. Lonnie at about 4pm and Gary at 10 am that same day. And Gary stated he actually conversed with two of them for about 2 hours. And of course lonnie saw two men with uniforms from head to toe as did gary.

Also in 1964 Donald Shrum spotted two men in uniforms from head to toe as well in a Calif. forest at night.

So though I am not a skeptic I think all these guys were complete skeptics until the actual occurrence.
I also think Ernest Norman who wrote the book called "The Truth About Mars" was a skeptic until a being called Nur El through mental telepathy said he was a leader from mars.

Also I think a few chosen nasa employee's were skeptics until they saw the bio -sprayer (skipper's site) and tubes of mars.

So some can come to believe just by photos and know that the images were not doctored. Others maybe more direct like Gary and Lonnie.

But there could be disinformation agents out there and with everyone using photoshop that really could mess up the waters. And if nasa really does have a time period for things to be released like John Lear stated on Coast to Coast a week ago. That could really curtail when things get out. I would check out Johns Lear's latest interview with George Knapp, kinda interesting.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
People wont believe in aliens until they write a bible and dig it down somewhere in the desert close to the pyramids.
People need hard evidence you know

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deloprator20000

True .. There is quite a bit of evidence, but it is how the evidence is perceived, and what the evidence actually relates to is the real question.

Evidence of " I saw something I can't explain" is not evidence of Inter galactic travelling aliens!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
For some I think it would take a visitation like Lonnie Zamora and Gary Wilcox who both spotted an oval craft in 1964, April 24th. Lonnie at about 4pm and Gary at 10 am that same day. And Gary stated he actually conversed with two of them for about 2 hours. And of course lonnie saw two men with uniforms from head to toe as did gary.

After all these years, I still have a soft spot for the Hickson Parker Abduction of 1973. Happens in broad daylight. Nobody's probably sleeping or dreaming anything. Weird looking, non-standard (non-grey) aliens. Unfathomable exam on the abductees. No evidence of a hoax or reason why they would hoax. Secret tape recording doesn't trip up the witnesses.

No hard evidence, either, of course. But it's still a good story. Very entertaining.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well to start I want something that isn't blurry, distorted, invisible, photo edited, and isn't listed in the 10,000 different types of weather balloons.

I and everybody else that is a skeptical wants undeniable proof, something that's mind blowing, something real. Something that will probably never appear in a public forum.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To see it with their own eye say to themselves "HOLY F***". Sadly they don't go out that much.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

After all these years, I still have a soft spot for the Hickson Parker Abduction of 1973.

I agree , it's one of those cases that's so outside of the norm it could have some truth to it , I found Hicksons testimony compelling and even J. Allen Hynek believed their story , that's not to say its true though

For those that don't know the case here's a thread from karl 12 , check it out

The 1973 Pascagoula Abduction Case

edit on 2-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"For the skeptics: What would it take to make you believe in alien visitation?"

It's hard to believe that anyone these days wouldn't be aware that there is no life (intelligent or otherwise) in our solar system or....well, anywhere.

Apart from here on Earth.

So, the first step would be to show some evidence that life beyond our planet exists.

The next step would be to show some evidence that intelligent life exists.

And after that, give some indication where that might be.

I'm not convinced there is intelligent life ANYWHERE else.

But if there is, I'm guessing it wont be within spitting distance.

If flying saucers do exist, I'm pretty sure it's human beings operating them.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join