It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist attack at 10am Saturday?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't think there will be any terror attack. Terror is from within, and within there is no interest in any terror attack occurring before the president is re-elected.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
They could turn Massacheusetts into a massive parking lot and it would only benefit the tone of politics in America.

You have an awfully positive tone on that possibility.

Any state that has John Kerry, Ted Kennedy and Barney Frank representing it, has some serious issues.

There is one large state down South that apparently has bigger issues, obviously.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I REALLY DOUBT IT THIS RALLY IS A ROLLING AND THAT IS A GOOD IDEA WE DO NOT WANT MANY FOLKS IN ONE AREA.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
just as a hypothetical scenario...

assume that the 'secret government' that arranged 911 in order to invade afghanistan & iraq etc put this video out as they plan something more spectacular this time in order to maybe suspend the elections, impose the new patriot act (& make a 3rd one as the 1st 2 obviously werent good enough for total control of 'security') .......

what could they possibly conceive that would be more destructive and devastating to the US people? Obviously they'd have to kill lots of them to drum up the hatred, support & sympathy they need for their hidden agenda, maybe knock out their power & telecommunications so they have no way of communicating whatever evil will befall them, hence would be mourning in silence.

instead of thinking 'what would the terrorists do?' try instead of thinking 'what would a government like that stoop to'

& before i start being attacked for suggesting such a thing, it's only an exercise in outside the box thinking which may yield something not thought of in terms of 'foreign terrorists'

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
With all due respect to everyone that has posted scenario's earlier in this thread, but do you really think that 'terrorists' have the necessary resources to pull some of this stuff off ?

Could they really hit say 15 different locations in one go (be that schools, churches, shopping malls, or what have you) ?
Could they really decapitate the US administration, either in one hit, or over a fixed period ?

I'd probably guess not:
...but the use of a high profile, big conventional attack, like a truck bomb in a city centre, or a non-conventional attack of some sort, water or power system maybe, or some crude chemical attack, yeah, I can see that, but a wide scale systematic co-ordinated attack ... I don't think I can.

I could be absolutely and completely wrong tho' - in which case I think 'we' really are in trouble ...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why could they not hit 25 schools simultaneously?

25 sleeper cells of 4-6 individuals.

that would be 15,000 - 20,000 kids at risk.

I know we have a cop that hangs around the front office at our middle school, but other than that, its not well protected

Don't forget what happened in Russia a short while ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
10am eastern time? Because if its GMT its going to be in like 10 hours! How long are you guys ahead of us anyway?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I know it's not something to joke about,

But if you believe the bush administration neo-cons fabricated 9/11 to gain control over our civil rights and to declair war on terrorism, a clear ideology.

Then what better way to completely annihilate and cripple the Democratic party/people/followers than to nuke em all at once, right at home!

People have continued to say that George W. Bush is also fighting a domestic political war. A silent war against the Democratic party!

But don't feel paranoid just yet, it only applies if you believe in:

Al-Qaeda = CIA
9/11 = Fabricated by Government
War vs Civil freedoms
Bush stole the 2000 election
Bush fabricates boston nuke attack and gets re-elected
Conspiracy theories and late night pizza pockets.

Less coffee on a daily basis might be good for a guy like me!

[edit on 29-10-2004 by syntaxer]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And what is Cheney's reason for being out on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific for the weekend? Does he know something.

Hmmmm... This does make ya wonder.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins
okay, if the terrorists DO have an attack at the parade on Sat. it will most likely NOT be as bad as they say it will be. After all, their main goal is to SCARE people, hence the TERRORists

You mean like those kids in the Russian school were scared or like the people in the WTC were scared? Maybe like the people over Lockerbie Scotland were scared? I know, like the people in Dar-es-salm Embassy were scared? No, like the Airmen in Khobar Towers were scared? The nightclub in Bali? The beheaded contractors?

Yes, certainly. I would just be another little Halloween prank by our friends in the peaceful religion of Islam. If we could just see their side of things and die like good little infidels, we wouldn't have all this scary terrorisim!

[edit on 29/10/04 by Sargon of Agade]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Why could they not hit 25 schools simultaneously?

25 sleeper cells of 4-6 individuals.

that would be 15,000 - 20,000 kids at risk.

I know we have a cop that hangs around the front office at our middle school, but other than that, its not well protected

Don't forget what happened in Russia a short while ago.

Ah, therein lies the question - could it be done ?

100 - 150 people co-ordinated into 25 discrete operational units ...
The numbers may sound fairly trivial, but I would suggest that it would take some pretty sophisticated logistical work to pull off - even if you were planning this scale of ops in plain sight, quite aside from having to do it without drawing attention to oneself.

I accept that your immediate command chain could be much shorter, and that in turn would run a number of units out below that level, but I still wonder about the practicalities of it ...

I'd make the distinction with Beslan, but only in so far as that was a single site that was attacked, not many simultaneous sites (and yeah, of course that was quite bad enough, so I don't have any issues in principle with that aspect of the analogy).

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
I don't think there will be any terror attack. Terror is from within, and within there is no interest in any terror attack occurring before the president is re-elected.

Sargon shakes his head, rolls his eyes, and apologizes to the rest of ATS for not combining his last post.

Within huh? Yeah, those 15 Saudi Arabian citizens got by me coming from within and all. I can't understand why anyone would try to strike before an election. There isn't any recent prcedent for it except in MADRID AND RUSSIA! I hope "Wisdommaster's" vision that the president will be re-elected isn't as flawed as the rest of his analysis.

Sargon runs around in circles as if his hair is afire! AHHHHHHHH!

[edit on 29/10/04 by Sargon of Agade]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigpete591
"The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead, a man claims on the video.
Terrorist video

"Menino reiterated estimates that between 3 1/2 and 5 million people will be drawn to this city[Boston] of 600,000 to share in the historic occasion."

'Rolling Rally' to be held Saturday

There will be a city for designed for 600k fitting 5 million. The rolling rally will be on the streets of Boston. With this many people packed so closely in the streets, over a vast area, it could be a prime target. What do you guys think?

Isn't this a little bit an assumption. How are they going to organize this there are alot of places that must be hit a once. That much people all looking out of place with alot of equipt. will draw attention wont it

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Does anyone think it is possible that Al Quaida is actually more of an army than just a bunch of terrorists. I mean when you think of terrorists you kinda think of the olympics in the 70's and then every so often they would set off a bomb or something somewhere, but the so called terrorists of today seem to be much better organized in all of their methodologies
from training, to planning, to weaponry, nowadays it seems much more like and Army. In addition to all of the above they have a lot of patients and that goes a long long way. I mean it seems right now as if through planning and patients have forced us to bring the fight to them at a huge financial cost to the American government and a huge loss of life for Americas citizens.

well give me your opinion

later
geo

[edit on 10/29/2004 by geocom]

[edit on 10/29/2004 by geocom]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well just keep your eyes out for anyone carrying an odd looking backpack and that is of Arabic descent (pardon my stereotype). LOL he will not be caucasian, black, chinese, Japanese, or korean. That may help narrow it down a bit. If you see such an individual take heed to the three second rule as follows:

You have three seconds from the time you spot such an individual to disarm and incapacitate him/her.

Wouldn't it be great to have reports of Arabic people being tackled all over the U.S.? All puns aside Americans do not have the training to stop individuals from committing terrorist attacks so unfortunately the odds are in the enemies favor.

Your local YMCA should offer classes on ied disarming and gun and knife disarming as paid for by Homeland Security but of course thats not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Their plan would have to be very flexible, because I don't think they would hinge its execution based on the Red Sox winning the World Series.

for anyone to base their plans on the redsox winning the world series would have to be an idiot...even if they were planning a BBQ

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereInChina

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Their plan would have to be very flexible, because I don't think they would hinge its execution based on the Red Sox winning the World Series.

for anyone to base their plans on the redsox winning the world series would have to be an idiot...even if they were planning a BBQ

I quess that the Red Soxs arent so special after all cause nothing happened that I know of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join