It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist attack at 10am Saturday?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Sorry....It was gools last comment and see my amendment made right off the bat before you posted.......the comment just touched something off for me. Pardon me.

Was that the part about not being scared? Are you seriously affraid of dying at the hands of a terrorist?

LL1

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Zawahiri had said it, also this one he said is to be "more devastating
than the WTC".
Fits into to what is being said now in the media (Drudge Report).

Zawahiri, although an educated doctor, is the driving mad force
behind OBL.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think if the terrorists really wanted to be effective, then they would do whatever it is they're doing at 3 in the morning

Chemical attack, everyone in the area would die in their sleep, not to be heard of or read by anyone until the next morning in the news. Thats a pretty scary situation.

Same with Nuclear.

If it was a series of bombs or conventional devices, then I believe a mass congregation of people would cause the most harm. Something unpredictable. The remark about shopping malls makes sense. However, Americans as a society are extremely uneducated about the permenence of death, and generally have the "could never happen to me" syndrome. So even though several malls, lets say 15 were hit around the country. Most Americans would think that the attack was over and continue to go to their local malls believing that since the attack was over, there is no way it could affect them at their mall.

I think if the terrorists really wanted to make the public feel unsafe and cause hysteria, they would systematically assassinate every major American government office, all within a 24 hour time span. The "leadership" for those who believe the government is the leader and not the people, would be crushed, the people ascending to the power vacuum to take their forebearers office would be extremely frightened, considering most of them are WASP. If the terrorists then assassinated the people who took the other's place, it would be even worse. But that would be hard to do considering the security protocol probably implemented after the first series of attacks.

Regardless, I feel the government lets the terrorists do what they want to a point, in order to keep the feeling of fear in America relatively high. Remember, Americans are a skidish bunch when it comes to those things. I wonder if it stems back to their puritain roots. Extremely fearful. Kinda like how if a mother is deathly afraid of snakes, then there is a good chance her offspring will be too. Some fears are engrained so deep that I wonder if its passed on through genetic memory. General anxiety being that of the puritains, its not unreasonable to postulate the same thing happend with that.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Gools.

No that part I agreed with you on.

I just get on with my life and figure I have more chance of being hit by a truck. My in laws and step mom went through the the German Blitz on Glasgows Clydeside Ship Yards and Steel Works, and London's East End respectively. I figure lifes a cakewalk by comparison. Its all relative.

It was the part about who in the arab terrorist world would know or care about playoff dates that got me bugged...for about 15 seconds.

Its cool

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Unexpected Places

Well if you really wanted to throw everyone off attack us at night, we dont expect that happening as well as attacking our military bases here at home.

And Im sure anyone reading this with motive would think twice because if i thought it up Im sure others have as well and probably with more security than during the day.

just my thoughts...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Frankly, a "tourist attack" is a lot more likely. Ticker tape parade, winning Red Sox, curse of the Bambino broken...

Yep. I think there'll be a lot of folks in there to see that parade!

I"m betting on TOURISTS and against TERRORISTS.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I read this thread and listened to the Ashcroft Intelligence report
and yes it is scary. Now I know that I am going to get flamed for this but here goes anyway, My father fought in Vietnam and My grandfather fought in WWII now I don't necessarilly want to fight at all but if the fight is brought to your doorstep then what else can you do. I can say this with a little credibility as I am one of the former soldiers that sits and hopes that he does not get recalled on the individual ready reserve list of which I still have 4 years to go. Okay now flame me if you want but these guys are radicals and the only way to beat a radical is with well thought radical tactics so if you want to bring to our doorstep then bring it. we'll be waiting

before you flame me please keep in mind that I don't want to harm anyone
but I will if I have to to protect my neighbor my family my country.

geo

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just an idea, what about all of these mega-churches? I mean would anybody expect a hit on a number of those? Thousands of people attend them and I dont believe there is security, or much more than police directing traffic in/out at them.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
OK, now I am replying to myself! I just scared myself! It is almost the 'perfect' place for these terrorist to hit. No one would be expecting it. Anybody that is anybody is either in church or home asleep!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No, that wouldn't damage our economy enough........next

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Their plan would have to be very flexible, because I don't think they would hinge its execution based on the Red Sox winning the World Series.

Absolutely true. Although I will admit, watching the series I had visions of an airliner crashing into the stadium full of people. It never occurred, I suppose 9/11 has left me feeling apprehensive. But literally, if they planned a major attack on Boston they would only have a few days to execute it. If they were planning long term its much more likely they were planning an attack on NY.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I doubt anything will happen with the security in place.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by IntelRetard]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What about high school football games?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think the key is the idea of an unexpected place. Any major planned event would already have security in place. So, we have to think in terms of softer targets that:
1. cause maximum casulties
2. cause panic due to the unexpectedness and place
3. hurt the economy and infrastructure
4. and/or render the government powerless to deal with the immediate afermath.
Your guess is as good as mine.
joey

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I don't live in the US so I don't know what security is like around your airports and the pentagon, but would it not still be vey feasible for a few suicide bombers to say, blow up an airport? If say a dozen all went to the same airport, surely they would create enough carnage? Like, if the bomber got caught, pull the trigger or whatever it is, and bang, a few dead guards..everyone panics, the others could take advantage of the situation, walk into the middle of the panicking crowd, bang, few more dead people, another bomber walks to yet another location in the crowd, blows themself up..you get the picture.

Simply overwhelm the security with sheer numbers. Also, with the pentagon, what is there to stop a loosely based convoy of car bombs charging in from multiple directions? Each car could blow up a portion of the security, clearing the path for the car behind it and so on until they reached the actual building or got into the building?

ps: If you are a terrorist, disregard my "theories" hehe

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sometimes I sit and try to think like a terrorist would............you know keep your enemies close? ........type philosophy?

Anyway..........blowing things up in populated areas and such are one thing...........but that's more along the lines of the tactical strikes of war than terrorism............

As big as the US is, I don't see that is being the key for their approach to reaping havoc with us...........

Imagine this senario.....................easy to develop and pull off..........

What if on a given day that however many terrorist are around in this country all go to random schools across America and kidnap children (say at a specific moment in time so we can't reach in time to stop the others)..........

Then say that do this with about 1,000 kids all across every geographic and demographic parimeter..............Then they threaten to start beheading them with Internet video exposure?

How do you think parents in this country and the government specifically would react to such a situation??

It is a thought that bothers me a great deal because it could happen much easier than the more obvious distructive methods in public places........

Scary and horrible situations these days......just even thinking about it means they are working us over mentally.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Unlike the Bush admin who goes and bombs countries and kills children without thinking twice the terrorists are not like that. If they were they surely would have done that along time ago.

Terrorist are heartless but not when it comes to children. I won't post video I have seen of the iraqi children getting killed and how you can see the hurt in the militants eyes when they are in the streets holding these dead children but they do exist.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They could turn Massacheusetts into a massive parking lot and it would only benefit the tone of politics in America. Any state that has John Kerry, Ted Kennedy and Barney Frank representing it, has some serious issues.

I'm glad the BoSox won the series, though.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

"We announce the good news for the Muslims in the world that the strike of the black wind of death, the expected strike against America, is now at its final stage 90% ready and it is coming soon, by Gods will."

what is meant by "black wind of death"?

chemical....biological?

the plague was called the "black death"...

no flu vaccines...the emergence of super-flues....food for thought, or worry.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey
I think the key is the idea of an unexpected place. Any major planned event would already have security in place. So, we have to think in terms of softer targets that:
1. cause maximum casulties
2. cause panic due to the unexpectedness and place
3. hurt the economy and infrastructure
4. and/or render the government powerless to deal with the immediate afermath.
Your guess is as good as mine.
joey

Hawaii? Isolated, unexpected, hard to get mass relief efforts there immediately, tourist trade.

Off the wall I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join