It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Wars- Looks Like A Promising Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

"Dirty Wars" follows intrepid investigative war reporter Jeremy Scahill as he exposes covert military operations that are "hidden in plain sight." Where many liberals and progressives stopped talking about the war after Obama's election, Scahill illuminates the horrors of these wars that have escalated in secret under Obama.

The story begins in Afghanistan as Scahill travels into rural Afghanistan to interview a family that was terrorized by a night raid. This family had no connections to the Taliban, yet US troops flew into their home during a party and murdered several people, including an Afghan police officer and multiple pregnant women. The US government attempted to cover up these murders.

In his investigation Scahill discovers that this night raid, and others like it, were conducted by the secretive Joint Special Operations Command, or JSOC.

Scahill's investigations find JSOC conducting covert warfare not just in Afghanistan, but around the globe. and particularly in Yemen and Somalia. Yet his reports garner indifference from Congress and the mainstream media and denials from the administration.

Scahill's investigations find JSOC conducting covert warfare not just in Afghanistan, but around the globe. and particularly in Yemen and Somalia. Yet his reports garner indifference from Congress and the mainstream media and denials from the administration.

Sounds like this could be a good watch. The video posted above is an interview with the writer and director who gives their take on the Obama administration carrying on the same type of business that was going on in the Bush administration. They also play some clips of the movie.

I will for sure give this a watch when I have the chance.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Scahill deserves great credit for exposing Blackwater and its crimes. This movie should be good, and is probably the counterweight to Bigelow's Blunder, her propaganda effort.

In my area, most controversial films that go against the government line are not shown in the theaters, but I'm going to have to see this one, if it makes it.

join