It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Shoots Criminals with DNA tag... Marking them for later arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
www.popsci.com...

This is just unbelievable. In the article it mentions how "Riots" can get out of hand, so tagging "criminals" will make for an easier arrest at a more convenient time... How long before these are being whipped out at peaceful protests, and people are running from tear gas canisters while getting picked off by these "DNA" guns? How can you justify in the heat of the moment someone committing criminal actions without actually arresting them on the spot or having proof?

Oh hey you seem to have a DNA tag.. we're not sure why, but this means you did something bad.. come with us..

*mods this is my first thread, sorry if its in the wrong spot or something*

CX

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by middleman5oh6

How many innocent people get swept up in riots? That's not sarcasm by the way, i'm serious.

Add to that the kettling tactics, and refusing to let anyone in a specific area to go home, who knows who could end up getting tagged for no reason at all.

CX.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
reply to post by middleman5oh6

How many innocent people get swept up in riots? That's not sarcasm by the way, i'm serious.

Add to that the kettling tactics, and refusing to let anyone in a specific area to go home, who knows who could end up getting tagged for no reason at all.

CX.

My thoughts exactly.. how can a DNA tag determine what crime you have committed? We've all seen countless videos of trigger happy officers.. Innocent people will be tagged.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I can't see this being very effective.

In the first place, they will have to find anyone that's been tagged and the tag only lasts about two weeks. How would they go about locating these people? Would they have to do a roadblock scan or a mass street scan? I don't see either one of those methods being very well accepted.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I can't see this being very effective.

In the first place, they will have to find anyone that's been tagged and the tag only lasts about two weeks. How would they go about locating these people? Would they have to do a roadblock scan or a mass street scan? I don't see either one of those methods being very well accepted.

Yeah good point. It just blows my mind that they would waste money making something like this.. I just don't see how it can work effectively or ethically. Just because you happen to be close to where a "protest" or "riot" is occurring you could be mistakenly shot by one of these then arrested... for simply being in public? What a joke

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Yeah, this is a no-go from the get go.

If it is somehow adopted by our out of control, insane, fed.gov, it'll be just more fuel for the "Revolution NOW!" crowd.
Hell, come to think of it, they might just go ahead with it anyway, just for that reason.
Seems to me they are trying to find as many buttons to push as possible nowadays.

new topics

top topics

join