learn more

Murdoch apologises over 'anti-semitic' Israel cartoon in Sunday Times

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Murdoch apologises over

www.dailymail.co.uk

Rupert Murdoch has offered a 'major apology' for a 'grotesque' cartoon in the Sunday Times that has sparked claims of anti-semitism.
Cartoon shows Israeli PM paving wall with blood and limbs of Palestinians
Jewish community leaders said they were disturbed by parallels they saw between the red-tinged drawing and historical anti-Semitic propaganda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Tue Jan 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Am i the only one who thinks that this is grotesque ? Why apologize for a simple cartoon of a politician who happens to be Jewish ?
This is basicly self - cenorship and a slap in the face for the so called "free press". Does freedom of speech only apply to when you draw cartoons of Buddha, Muhammed and Jesus ?

Another funny thing i noticed is that Daily Fail doesent allow you to comment on this story, the following message appears:

"Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons."

edit on 29-1-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i saw an awesome louis theroux documentary recently called Ultra Zionists, the zionsts living in israel are actually hiring palestinian contractors to build their mansions for them.

it appears that palestinians are building themselves out of exisience.

everyone should watch this but i havent managed to find it on youtube in full, i watched it through my freezone ISP

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

how ironic that of all the things murdoch could have expressed regret for, it happened to be this rather fine satirical cartoon! gerald scarfe ftw

now can he just hurry up and go the way of maxwell please? (the dead bit, not the robbing people blind bit)

eta: hmm, maybe holocaust memorial day was not the best choice of date to print it, but hey, murderers cant hide behind the crimes done to their fore-fathers
edit on 29-1-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-1-2013 by skalla because: spelling etc

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Using Nazi propoganda to change the subject about what the cartoon is actually saying is bad form. It's no secret that Palestinians are being treated like crap. History seems to be repeating as Israel expands it's territory.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Murdoch, but this is ridiculous.
For the 2348723942934th time, anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitism.
What a world we live in where you can't criticize the actions of a person who happens to belong to an imaginary abstract group.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It sure does show just how scared our own politicians and industrialists are of the Israeli leadership though. I mean, Murdoch rags have been printing stories about our own politicians and not a peep. Yet, print a cartoon showing the Israeli leadership as being anything but a shining example of humanity, and they immediately line up to offer grovelling apologies and soil themselves in fear.

Kinda makes a mockery of those who troll these forums claiming that the Israelis / Jews have no influence.

Seriously, when is someone gonna grow a pair and simply tell them to go take a hike... in stronger terms than I am allowed to print here?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No need to apologize to me Roopy, I wouldn't touch your toilet-rag papers with a ten foot barge pole

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is a shocking piece of news. I am all for the rapid tightening of press controls in the UK. They print so much disinformation with impunity and often act merely a s a mouthpiece for the establishment. Truly shocking and I hope lessons are learned though I suspect they will not

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm curious how it's anti-Semitic? The picture has nothing to do with Jewish people.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
I'm curious how it's anti-Semitic? The picture has nothing to do with Jewish people.

Israeli Pms are im assuming Jewish, and as such any action they do by association can be construed as being Jewish. Therefore to criticize their governmental actions or any member of that government is to also criticize Judaism by proxy, and thats a no no, no matter what it might be your criticizing or how valid the criticism.

Perfect win/win for the governmental powers of Israel, irrevocably link your government with a religion and a people that where genuinely done badly by and you gain an almost impervious moral shield. Almost seems like it could have been set up that way on purpose doesn't it...

You could bad mouth the brand of soap Bibi uses to wash his face in the morning with and im sure somewhere someone would call you anti-Semitic for doing so...
edit on 29-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I couldn't have said it better myself.

/thread

top topics

join