It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove evolution is FAKE!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SpearMint

Evolution is evolution and it HAS and CAN be observed.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Seems legit...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm an evolutionary Christian mystic, and feel that the work of fundamentalists to disprove evolution is very hurtful to the cause of Jesus Christ, because it sets up the Bible as something to be ridiculed and the God of the Bible as a straw man to be torn apart. It's very sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How about this, if you think you can prove evolution wrong, write the paper,
do the experiments and win yourself a Nobel prize, but im guessing that isn't
going to happen here, the irony to all of this BS that the creationist or even
those who don't "believe" in evolution spew is that science is more than
willing to listen, and not only that, they will change if you can offer evidence
that what you claim is true, however its all a load of lies and its been tried
again and again, science is simply honest about it and refuses to lie for
religion or anyone else.

So either put up and prove your claims as evolutionary biologist have done
or just be secure in your ego that your right while these people deal with the
real world where simply saying something doesn't make it so.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Out of fairness, evolution hasn't been successful in explaining the origin of life or the differentiation of species, so something else is going on at the same time, some sort of formative causation according to ideal forms.

So I think it's BOTH evolution AND creation by intelligent design.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
How about this, if you think you can prove evolution wrong, write the paper,
do the experiments and win yourself a Nobel prize, but im guessing that isn't
going to happen here, the irony to all of this BS that the creationist or even
those who don't "believe" in evolution spew is that science is more than
willing to listen, and not only that, they will change if you can offer evidence
that what you claim is true, however its all a load of lies and its been tried
again and again, science is simply honest about it and refuses to lie for
religion or anyone else.

So either put up and prove your claims as evolutionary biologist have done
or just be secure in your ego that your right while these people deal with the
real world where simply saying something doesn't make it so.

Not quite that simple. Any alternative to evolution gets branded as "creationism" and is seen as not scientific because it does not get published in peer reviewed publications. When it does get published in a peer reviewed publication it gets rejected because its not scientific.
Saying anything that opposes the dogma of the church of evolution can lead to major repercussions in a person's career.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

"Church of Evolution"? Interesting term there! Don't you mean "people who have a vast amount of scientific evidence that supports a credible theory"?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
That proves nothing at all. Wait about a million years before opening that jar of peanut butter, and you may possibly get different results.

Yah, maybe stone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Evolution is nothing but a theory any how. Take it as a grain of salt.

Yes..just a theory
like gravity..total theory also...

(incidentally, you understand the difference between a theory and a hypothesis, right? and a hypothesis verses simple speculation also?)

Some how, the T-Rex is now the chicken breast I eat for dinner from KFC.

I am not sure KFC is serving either one frankly.

edit on 29-1-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

"Church of Evolution"? Interesting term there! Don't you mean "people who have a vast amount of scientific evidence that supports a credible theory"?

No i mean church, believers tend to fly into rages when people don't believe as they do. Even though it makes no difference they will still try to pointlessly convert others. If you tell a christian there is no jesus and you tell an evolutionist there is no evolution you get the same dogma rage.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by christafinias
Evolution a fairy tale...........like the bible then.

Yes, actually both theories are totally absurd.

Evolution and creationism are simply incomplete or misled theories that just do not explain every instance reasonably.

There is always an exception to every claim either side makes.

I have been looking into this topic weekly for a very long time, and I am totally unconvinced by either sides arguments. Although I will say both have many good points, both have very horrible logic in other instances.

So I want a more comprehensive and flexible theory.
Until then I will just have to laugh at both sides as they ridicule and insult each other while both are clearly wrong.

My theory is that we are all primitive self-centered ignoramuses.

Yeah, this is mostly my take on it as well.

I know creationism, I spent decades defending it as a Christian. Now here I am an atheist, and no matter how much I read about evolution, it just doesn't quite set right with me. I certainly don't discount it, but I'm not so sure some kind of "intelligent design" is completely out of the question either.

My theory is that we are all primitive self-centered ignoramuses.

This may be the most accurate statement in the thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

No i mean church, believers tend to fly into rages when people don't believe as they do. Even though it makes no difference they will still try to pointlessly convert others. If you tell a christian there is no jesus and you tell an evolutionist there is no evolution you get the same dogma rage.

Both statements require knowledge..I would say anyone telling a person of no jesus is simply retarded. like they were there and witnessed the mythos being created...
Alteratively, those whom say matter of factly there is no evolution are equally retarded. This would require them to go back in time and monitor all of lifes history from its origins to where it is now, every single instance of life, their offspring, their adaptation, etc..

Actually, ok..the second one would be much more on the tard scale than the first, if only because the Christ thing happened during recorded history..so I guess it would be somewhat possible to prove or disprove if sources were fleshed out well.

But anyhow, here is the thing. There is no actual requirement to believe in evolution in the same way there is no requirement to believe in gravity..it simply is..you can choose to understand it or not..totally your call, but your belief or lack thereof will not alter the universe based on your desires.

Is the picture of evolution complete? nope..its subject to grow, change, alter as more and more evidence gives a clearer picture..but for now, the evidence collected shows the current path we understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I know creationism, I spent decades defending it as a Christian. Now here I am an atheist, and no matter how much I read about evolution, it just doesn't quite set right with me. I certainly don't discount it, but I'm not so sure some kind of "intelligent design" is completely out of the question either.

Then that is creation...IE is just the modern word for magic cloudman kazaamed everything into existence with his space wand.

Evolution may not sit right with you because you are still dealing with the weights of deitys..understandable.
Evolution is not a complete picture at the moment...it is pieced together over years, decades, generations, etc..aka, its science. and science does not have all the answers right away like religion pretends to...that is sort of the point overall..to step away from the desire of quick simple answers for everything and truly try to understand.

And its uncomfortable..because nobody likes to think they are ignorant, but the first step in truly learning is to admit at least that much...then you can take a stand to not settle for ignorance anymore..and flush out the easy answer without backing.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rabb420
The Key Lies In the Peanut Butter "obviously"

Apparently, you know nothing on the building blocks of life.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

That proves nothing at all. Wait about a million years before opening that jar of peanut butter, and you may possibly get different results.

Your comment proves nothing. So, why does it take millions of years for life to evolve when energy is the must abundant thing in life? I know you will not have the answer, so don't reply back. I just wanted to make you look ignorant.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

So what the religious folks should have said and written in their books was that a god (we will call him/her God for this discussion) created life and gave it the ability to evolve...[Fill in the rest here...] that would have covered everything nice and tidy, no aliens seeding things, no worryng about whether the first man was exactly in God's image and so forth... If the Bible and other world-religion story writers coudl have seen into the future and grasped how contradictory to science their stories would be, then maybe writing it this way could have saved a lot of grief. Instead, they all went on crusades to destroy knowledge of our being and took over the Science and Math teachings of the time until we started getting too smart and realized that we could think independently. Consequently, lo and behold, folks start observing nature, studying old bones and artifacts and generally figuring out that things weren't as clear cut as the books currently in circulation stated. I'm all for people having a god or two to believe in if it helps them cope with their current life but I think they should respect that others may have different levels of enlightenment on man's past and destiny. I, for one, am always at odds with my Catholic upbringing and my belief that there's more to the world than that. What I really want to know is who created God?, and Why?

edit on 29-1-2013 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
This actually makes me sad. This is the 21st century, how are people like this still around?

This actually makes me laugh. That you think this is from the 21st century. And, how are they wrong? Peanut butter contains ammo acids...the building blocks of life. So, if we were to shoot this crap into space and send it to another planet...life should occur, but this same experiment can be studied on this planet. Did it happen...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So, goes to show that a meteor or asteroid containing ammo acids "crash landing" on this planet did not create life. If that were so, why haven't the thousand other meteorites done the same or asteroids on other planets for that matter? You don't have the answer, so don't try.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

All good points Saturn.
I still try to read here and there on the latest finds regarding evolution. Like I said, I won't discount it, because I spent too much of my life locked in unbendable religious dogma. I won't do that again. I learned my lesson. I prefer to stay as objective as possible, and learn from my past mistakes. Not repeat them.

edit on 1/29/2013 by Klassified because: missed a word

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join