learn more

How to prove evolution is FAKE!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

No doubt. What is m-Theory based on now . . . 11 universes? Even as an atheist, if we are talking about probability based on those constraints . . . There should be at least one universe that contains all that is imaginary in this one. Taking into account shared info and connectedness, right?

So, why can't I live in the universe with gods, unicorns, candy cane trees, chocolate waterfalls, and Alabama tree leprechans? It is in this emptiness that I am set free.
edit on 1/29/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

If you were raised to and still believe that there is a supernatural force in control of every movement of the universe, you would think you would just absorb every new idea into that perception (evolution happens . . . well then said supernatural force is responsible for evolution). Seems logical, but the initial perception isn't logical, so the works of the supernatural force have to be illogical too . . . or cognitive dissonance creeps in.

Yep makes sense. If it was a creator god one would assume it to be all inclusive like that. Of course that's just it though... religious people don't actually believe in a creator god, they believe in a god of a specific dogma. That dogma by nature is exclusive. The only science allowed in them is the science defined in the time it was written. Or perhaps disingenuous changes they append to the faith as a result of, using your words, cognitive dissonance brought about by living in our modern world. It makes sense this would happen concerning the 'physics', considering we clearly see it in the moral landscape. If people truly followed the Bible they would be jailed.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by SpearMint

First of all, Evolution has never been observed, you're wrong. Micro-Evolution has been observed. For example, dog Breeding is a form of Micro- Evolution.

The fact that you thought I was remotely serious speaks loads about the argument for Evolution.

Magic sounds better than randomly spawning matter out of thin .... Nothing. You believe God has existed forever or you believe the make up of the Universe(es) have existed forever. By the way that would be impossible unless you have wtf magic AKA God.
edit on 29-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

No matter what, it's all DNA changes. There is no magical "macro" and "micro" section.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I am still trying to be able to cut plastic wrap in a roll with the cutting edge of the box without cutting myself and bleeding all over the place! LOL!

Your answer to your question is...SUCK IT UP! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Star for you . . . Great observation Lucid!

Second 'cuz I care?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I really have no issue with people who are Religious. What I do have issue with is when these people will say or do just about anything to be able to line up what is in the Bible to reality.

The Bible is just a collection of stories and it is obvious these stories were written by ancient Man.

Since Men at the time did not even know the Earth was round...such concepts in the Bible such as the Earth being only 5 or 6 thousand years old as well as stories like Noah's Ark that are obviously impossible in their stated scope as it would be impossible for either the enire Earth's land masses to be submeged or that 2 of each species could even fit on that boat or even have enough genetic diversity to allow to repopulate the planet.

Some people try so hard to prove these stories as reality when they could just realise it is not important if the stories are true...it is just important that the stories teach something.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Don't get me started on that crap! I've mastered not cutting myself, but it just folds up onto itself and I spend 20mins trying to uncling it. Although, lately my focus is keeping the food in the bowl and off the walls, while operating a hand mixer.

Truth be told, I've always found it odd that I keep hearing about how hopeless and sad the world must seem to me because I'm an atheist. However, the universe I reside in seems like a heaven. A beautiful, peaceful, bountiful sphere in a chaotic and violent, yet still beautiful void. I'm surrounded by a myriad of life and plenty of others to communicate with. I've witness/learned of feats that would seem impossible to accomplish. And am constantly amazed at the ingenuity and perseverence of my species. What else do you need?
(Cue the animated Beatles from Yellow Submarine.)

EDIT - I'm right there with you. No problem with the Bible or the lesson one can learn from it (or any religious or mythological text). Unfortunately, as Lucid said . . . its about dogma. Anything against it is a threat to the control they have over others and their own lives. That's why we usually end up at war.
edit on 1/29/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Personaly...I am an Agnostic because I believe there is not enough evidence to either prove or disprove the existance of a GOD. This belief is based upon the Scientific Method.

I too have been accosted verbally by those who have deep Religious Beliefs and for some reason they feel I have an problem because I do not share their beliefs.

The problem is theirs as they quickly forget their own Religions teachings as Jesus said...If you do not believe in me...believe in what I do. That is all that's important and such concepts that were taught by Jesus are self evident and no one needs a GOD to tell them such things.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I would have made your post 20 years ago, if this site was around then.

I'm certainly not militant in my beliefs and agree with you on the teachings of Jesus . . . whether a real historical figure or simply literary. As well as Siddharta, Lao-Tsu, Ghandi, and MLK. Their messages about brotherhood, compassion, love and are cleary wise. Unfortunately, their followers aren't as wise or they would be their friends and not their followers, IMO.

But . . . we've strayed off topic. Back to the possiblity of peanut butter bugs, so I can prove evolution is real!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
life has not been created from just matter and if it has give me proof? life was seeded not just poof there. you can talk about primordial stew all you want but all that is just amino acids... when your can prove evolution then ill listen to you stories but until then I suggest rethinking what you have been told by your propaganda

reply to post by homeslice

edit on 30-1-2013 by tierdofbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tierdofbs
life has not been created from just matter and if it has give me proof? life was seeded not just poof there. you can talk about primordial stew all you want but all that is just amino acids... when your can prove evolution then ill listen to you stories but until then I suggest rethinking what you have been told by your propaganda

reply to post by homeslice

edit on 30-1-2013 by tierdofbs because: (no reason given)

I must be really bored to be doing this, but . . . you do know that Evolutionary Theory doesn't include the origins of life or make any claims to it, right? Evolution is the mechanism life uses to diversify and thrive. While there are many competing hypotheses to the origin of life, no matter which one is responsible (even a god) . . . evolution takes over from there. Even then we have strong evidence (proof {genome}) that whatever event was responsible for creation or "seeding", we all descend back to a single cell organism.

What were you saying about propaganda again?
edit on 1/30/13 by solomons path because: s[eiing

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Lawdy Lawdy!!! So many people claiming to have infinite knowledge that there is no being with infinite knowledge!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tierdofbs

Propaganda? LOL!

It amazes me why anyone would call logical deductions based upon facts as propaganda?

What you are refering to would be Quantum Evolution or Genesis and if you were to look at a Virus...which by the way is not a Living Thing...yet a Virus has DNA and is an example of Matter being able to arrange itself in a state very close to LIFE.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Just in case people are still wondering what "theory" means, here's a dictionary definition that can be found on any iOS device running iOS 5 and over with the integrated dictionary.

"A supposition or system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained."

They give an example: "Darwin's theory of evolution."

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
After watching the video, I thought it to be a very strange way to try and solidify a theory/belief. Thanks for sharing nonetheless.

I have noticed a lot of bickering back and forth within this thread (which is to be expected I suppose considering the topic), but I must say (as an observation) this is only further dividing us when we start calling each other names and pinning labels on one another. I'm all for friendly debates but I get the impression that (according to some) if you believe in evolution, then you don't believe in creation, and vice versa. Nah, because I believe in both. Both being that of evolution (physical and spiritual), as well as intelligent design. Not sure why it has become a staple in society to automatically create labels and to say if you're not a "this" then you're a "that".

Well anyhoo.....I'm not going to pretend that I know everything, or anything at all, because I don't. But I will say this, it really is good to keep an open mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
Just in case people are still wondering what "theory" means, here's a dictionary definition that can be found on any iOS device running iOS 5 and over with the integrated dictionary.

"A supposition or system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained."

They give an example: "Darwin's theory of evolution."

Well . . . that is the definition of theory that we use in everyday language, but that is not the definition of a scientific theory . . . so, the example is wrong. Maybe you should notify iOS 5. The definition of a scientific theory follows (and I'll use the "non-technical" version):

In everyday speech, the word "theory" is used as a "best guess". In modern science, a scientific theory is a tested and expanded hypothesis that explains many experiments and fits ideas together in a framework. If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.

Simple Wiki - Scientific Theory

Here is the technical version:

A plausible or scientifically acceptable, well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena and predict the characteristics of as yet unobserved phenomena.

National Academies

As opposed to hypothesis:

A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation. Scientific hypotheses must be posed in a form that allows them to be rejected.

Which is what creation and intelligent design are at this point, as there is no evidence to back it up like evolution. If you can come up with an experiment, that is falsifiable, and can show supernatural or extra-terrestrial influence . . . maybe one day they will be theories too. Until then they are guess, based on belief. Just the like the definition of theory in every day venacular. However, even if you proved a supernatural or extra-terrestrial influence, it would only change or challenge evolution if you could prove intervention after creation. So . . .

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

What is a Theory

edit on 1/30/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

Even as an atheist, who sees no evidence for creation or design, I can admit that we don't have anything more than hypotheses for how life originated. If it can be shown by design or creator, it will not change evolution and would only further science. However, the problem isn't in theory or fact. The only bickering takes place when people deny the fact of evolution through intentional misrepresentation of what the theory states or what we absolutly know are facts. Fact by the way, is not perpetual truth. Facts are observations or findings, not beliefs, but things that can be shown to anyone who asks to see them. Facts are peer reviewed, so anyone that disputes them can read the papers and conduct the experiments themselves and publish their findings.

I personally don't care how people believe life started, and neither does evolutionary theory, but at least know what you are talking about before you try to say it's not true. If you want to debate on the subject, but your arguments are logical fallacys and proselytizing, don't expect to be taken seriously. As a matter of science, there is a lot of very detailed and heady material and data out there. While most speak plainly to explain to the lingo challenged, it is not a simple subject that rests on just a couple lynch pins that can be philosophically argued away.

Science by it's very nature is open minded, but words and history don't equate to science. You have to show and prove in the natural world. To be honest, science and the supernatural don't mix . . . science is about observable facts and creationism and intelligent design rest on things like the Bible and the mistranslations of Zacharia Sitchin or a feeling/faith. However, all one has to do is come up with an experiment to show supernatural influence on the development of humans or life in general (or just that it exists at all) and it's legitimate science.

It's also very telling that the creation/ID camp is constantly trying to prove evolution wrong, instead of proving their side. However, even if evolution was falsified . . . that doesn't prove a supernatural or extraterrestrial influence.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing the definitions.

Many scientific theories have been proven wrong before. So who knows what else may end up being right or wrong. It'll be interesting to see what is proven or disproven in 20 or 30 years from now.

Here's a couple of fun sites:
Top ten most famous scientific theories proven wrong
Top ten most spectacularly wrong widely held scientific theories

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
How to prove evolution is FAKE!!!

All it took for me was to spend a few hours on this website reading the comments. Now I'm pretty much convinced evolution is b*llsh*t.

When atheists try so hard to prove god doesnt exist and constantly feel they have to disparage and insult people who do believe just proves that they havn't evolved.

Learn to live and let live and try to show some maturity and respect for those that do not believe as you do and maybe then I will buy into the theory but until then most atheists have a lot of evolving to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

I totally agree with you . . . that's why I don't understand the campaign of lies that come from anyone with a competing hypothesis. Do the same leg work that the biologists, geologists, biochems, geneticists did and gather tangible evidence and present.

The problem comes when the other side doesn't have tangible evidence, so they try to make it about strawmen to make emotional appeals and sway hearts and minds. I think another problem is some can't accept we are no different from any other life on this planet outside of our thumbs, communication skills, and higher brain function. It's hard to claim you are the image of god, if you evolved from a "lower" life form . . . but, as the buddha says:

From one point of view we can say that we have human bodies and are practicing the Buddha's teachings and are thus much better than insects. But we can also say that insects are innocent and free from guile, where as we often lie and misrepresent ourselves in devious ways in order to achieve our ends or better ourselves. From this perspective, we are much worse than insects.

As others have said, a belief in gods or aliens should not preclude anyone from accepting evolution . . . it's simply the mechanism that got us to here after whatever put us here.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join