It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't know God and neither do I. Let me introduce you.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF you choose to put a label on my beliefs so be it...

It's not my label. It belongs to the world's lexicon. But yes I will use it.

Not unlike if someone registers as a Republican and votes in line with the Republican party and votes for a Republican POTUS would I shy away from labelling them a Republican nor accept their aversion to the Republican 'label'.

But any ways I think our conversation reached a standstill. Thanks for the replies

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Why does love keep no records of wrongs, yet freewill demands judgment?

RUMI

Why freewill is good for man.
God said, "Do thou grant his earnest request,
Enlarge his faculty according to his freewill.
Freewill is as the salt to piety,
Otherwise heaven itself were matter of compulsion.
In its revolutions reward and punishment were needless,
For 'tis freewill that has merit at the great reckoning.
If the whole world were framed to praise God,
There would be no merit in praising God.
Place a sword in his hand and remove his impotence,
To see if he turns out a warrior or a robber.
Because freewill is that wherewith 'we honor Adam,' 1
Half the swarm become bees and half wasps.
The faithful yield honeycombs like bees,
The infidels yield store of poison like wasps.
For the faithful feed on choice herbs,
So that, like bees, their chyle yields life-giving food,
Whilst infidels feed on filth and garbage,
And generate poison according to their food."
Men inspired of God are the fountain of life;
Men of delusions are a synonym for death.
In the world the praise "Well done faithful servant!"
Is given to freewill which is used with prudence.
If all dissolute men were shut up in prison,
They would all be temperate and devout and pious.
When power of choice is absent actions are worthless;
But beware lest death snatch away your capital!
Your power of choice is a capital yielding profit,
Remember well the day of final account!

Freewill allows light to reveal what it hits.

Can you hear the voice? Did God allow anything that was not good; beneficial; needful? The song below. Is it relevant? Can you reflect by the light?

LYRICS FLEET - to cause (time) to pass usually quickly or imperceptibly. Compared to eternity, what is this life? It is fleeting. Read the lyrics.

edit on 29-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It's not my label. It belongs to the world's lexicon.

It's your label you choose to place on me... even after I've told you I am not that Label...

My beliefs come from a wide range of things including experience... Not just "the bible"... so labeling me as Christian wouldn't be accurate... but again that is your prerogative

Even as I've been told by a Christian friend on this forum... IF I took on the label of Christian I would be "labeled" a heretic by other Christians...

so why not kill two birds with one stone

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

You are hard to argue with my friend...

Well said

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by EnochWasRight

You are hard to argue with my friend...

Well said

That song has always been one of my favorites. I am going to move this to a thread. Watch for it in a few minutes. I'll explain why I mirrored RUMI and GEDDI together in one thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Let me ask you a question? In a marriage what do men and women want.

Man says to love your spouse as you love yourself. But we don't do this.
Jesus says love your neighbor as you love yourself. But we don't do this.

We wait to be loved the way we want to be loved.

For a man wants to be lord over his house. And the wife wants to have a voice and be forgiven when she is wrong.

Would you agree that this is the typical want of men and women in marriage?

Here is where Christ is different. He breaks it down for us.

He tells husbands to love the wife the way he loved the church. He tells us to serve our wives. What men think they want is to be made king, but we were born king. What most of us want from our wife is a women that supports our decisions and doesn't berate us if we make a mistake. Women want to be elevated on a thrown by their husband so that they feel secure in giving their love to you.

The advice on what we need from our spouse is not in our head because it is what we truly want for ourselves but rather we come pre programmed to know how to treat our spouses. We just become selfish and thus never find the love that is promised to those who obey.

It really does boil down to just do what he said and you will find the father, and be filled with joy.

edit on 31-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Luke 10:22, "All things are delivered (revealed) to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the son, and he to whom the son will reveal him."

You can't know the father until you see the son, until you see the son you will not realize who you are.
Until you realize who you are, you will not see or hear, but seek and think about other than what is - you will believe in more and want more. You will deny presence for next and before. You will be man.

Come to this moment.
There is only this that is happening now and out of this every thing comes - all is delivered, all ideas are delivered in presence, all things (thoughts), all appears as the light of consciousness, right here and now always. The watcher, the seer of the ever appearing, always constantly changing stream of light is missed by man as he is playing in time. If you come to this moment and see and hear the light (the son) you might find that the Father can know at last who he is - by seeing and hearing what is.

Man lives in projected thought outside of presence but he can return to source.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Why is your version of God the right one? what about Hindu Gods?
Sorry but you have just fallen for man made God....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
The pitfall with seeing God in all of them is that each contain the thoughts, feelings, and wishes (allegedly) of the creator God. So you can't just say they are all connected to divinity in some way, without addressing the fact they conflict with each others moral teachings, rituals, law, etc. How do you reconcile that? Religions are in conflict with each other. It seems you are extrapolating the parts from them that show the "same message" but ignore the confliction's I speak of. In the example you gave, including Buddhism, it would be very easy to show drastic contrast between it and Abrahamic faiths. ......

EWR I appreciate that you see a light shining in the direction of Truth,However I see what LL is saying.Extrapolation from texts that agree in principle but not in practice is cherry picking.

God is the finder is true and a very key point.No one can know God until God wants/wills them to.And that is the key.Religion is belief ... faith.Faith is not knowing.All knowing comes "through" faith like a gate but the gate is not knowing it is only the entrance.

The failure of "faith" is it is whatever is believed.There are many gates and most are very wide.Which is subjective opinion but religion acts like it is objective fact.That is the fatal flaw of all religion and the reason it is false because faith is not known objective fact but religion believes it is.

Yahoshua never said he had faith.He always spoke and acted from fact.....knowing.He knows the Father.He who knows the Son knows the Father also ..etc, etc,etc...it is plain as day but religion can't see it they only believe ...religion...doctrines.That is their God they believe in.

This is the mirror darkly Paul spoke of.He was a religious zealot Jew who knew the scriptures forward and backwards.He boasted he was the most learned of them all but it was revealed to him to know it was ALL childish faith in religion and had nothing to do with God.God is not words in a book or faith or anything the religious mind believes no matter how wonderfully loving and benevolent the words that are believed.That is not God.
God can only be known.And can only be known by revelation.It has nothing to do with the persons intellect "spiritual:" in tuneness,faith or anything else but revelation.Yahoshua said that very clearly to Peter.

That is the light EWR spoke of.We don't see the light we see things because of light.(metaphor)The flaw is always in the method of mans approach...there is none.Man has never found God and never will.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join