It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't know God and neither do I. Let me introduce you.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I was up tonight with sinus problems and couldn't sleep. I was pondering the fact that I do now know God yet. Thankfully, this is so.

The best evidence for God is the fact you do not know Him. It really doesn't matter if you are an Atheist or Charles Stanley, none of us are unequal when it comes to the truth we hold. A better question might be, how do you know God knows you? Your belief will be much stronger when you realize that faith is not your department. God works out our faith. How can I make such statements? Won't my fellow Christians strike me with a hot iron from the fire for saying such things? How can I claim to know God myself enough to call myself a Christian? I can't. Neither can you. What we can do is find what it most evident. God finds you. The most evident aspect of God is the fact that he looks for us.

Luke 10:22, "All things are delivered (revealed) to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the son, and he to whom the son will reveal him."

Let's start from the beginning. Who knows the Son and who knows the Father? Is faith fact or is it still faith? If it is faith, then we are only one step past the law. To gain salvation from faith, we must be introduced to Christ by the Father.

John 6

For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

God must enable us first. The enabling happens over time and part of the mystery of Christ is that the Good Shepherd pulls the wool over our eyes. Relax. You don't need to know God. You need to know God knows you. Metacognition is the process of knowing what you know. Intuitively, we know God knows us. It's a given. When you hear the voice, you know the one calling.

About the law and faith. Are you under the law?

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

The law is for the one who breaks it. It regulates the thief and protects the innocent. What is the law? To do God's will. What is God's will? To give and receive, but never take. God's will and law is love. Love can only give. What is given must always be first earned. Can salvation be earned? No, God must give it. Can we gain the gift by works? No, only the gifts YOU give can be gained by works, otherwise, the gift that was earned for you would be unnecessary. Are works a reflection of love? Yes. Taking the name of Christ requires that the name is not taken in vain. How is it taken in vain? The name is the character of what it represents. Answer that question for yourself.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

How is it that we clothe ourselves with Christ? Who is the lamb? What does the Shepherd sheer from the lamb? Wool (Sin). The sin is washed white as snow and then given back as a Robe (New Body). Who is the body of Christ? The loaf of bread.

1 Corinthians 10

And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

We, who are many, are the body. Christ is the loaf. More exactly, Christ is the heel at each end of the loaf.

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Is Christ Adam? Yes. So are you.

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Now, what have I showed you? I have only shown you this from the perspective of the Bible. Let me now show you from Greek and Latin linguistics. One root from Latin and Greek reveals the entire story in one elegant morphology.

Amni - Stream of Water or River

Amnio - Greek "Bowl" or "Lamb"
"Denotes a thin, transparent, tough membrane lining and the fluid-filled
cavity contains the embryo of reptiles, birds, and mammals [amniotes]; the
membrane around a fetus; diminutive of amnos, lamb; a bowl in which the
blood of sacrificial victims was caught. Now used primarily to indicate the
membrane surrounding the fetus in utero. "

Amnion - The amnion is a membrane building the amniotic sac that
surrounds and protects an embryo.

Amniotic Fluid - Amniotic fluid or liquor amnii is the nourishing and
protecting liquid contained by the amniotic sac of a pregnant woman.

Amnia - bag of waters; the extraembryonic membrane of birds, reptiles,
and mammals, which lines the chorion.

Sia - Greek > Latin: a suffix; actor, process, condition, or state of; result of;
expresses a state or abnormal condition or process of some disease

Amne(sia) - From modified Latin amnesia, from Ancient
Greek ἀµνησία (amnēsia, “forgetfulness”).

AMNE´STIA (ἀµνηστεία)Amnesty is a word used by the later Greek
writers, and from them borrowed by the Romans, to describe the act or
arrangement by which offences were forgotten, or regarded as if they had
not been committed, so that the offender could not be called to account for
them.

Go back to what I said earlier. How does the lamb have the wool pulled over his eyes? Do you know God now? Neither do I. Do you know God better from this knowledge I share? Yes. So do I. We are closer to knowing the truth from the image.

Last thing. Here is your evidence. Did God say he created us in an image?

Genesis 1

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

You are both INSIDE the image and the image of God. When you look in a mirror, do you see you? Is the image you? Where are you now? Inside a created image God made. Where is the 'you' casting that image? Again, are you a slice of the loaf? Where is the real you?

Are you a child of God?

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

You don't know God yet fully. God knows you fully.

John 2

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

He doesn't need your testimony. You need his. So do I. What happens when the image is removed and the wool pulled from our eyes?

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

We know as we are known. Relax. God knows you or you wouldn't be asking about the voice you hear. Love keeps no records of wrongs my brother. Law is for the ones who do now follow the one law of love. God knows and so do you.

By the way, who crushes the head of Satan? The heel. Not you. Adam did it for us. Christ is the heel of the loaf and we are all slices benefiting from what has been done for us. It's a gift.

Genesis 3

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Do you hear the voice calling? I do. Why am I thankful that I do now fully know God yet? If I did, love could keep a record of wrongs. By being under the veil, our witness in the trial is both what was done to us and what was done for us. Which witness do you hold? Who is your advocate?

edit on 29-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
LUKE 10, now that you are prepared to know what is said.

21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

22 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

23 Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.”

How blessed were your eyes with this thread?

edit on 29-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

If I was dictator of ATS, I'd ban threads that were just huge chunks of bible quotations.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hail Caesar.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The best evidence for God is the fact you do not know Him.
Well congratulations. Irrefutable proof such as that, cannot possibly be denied........

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Congrats!

God = Good Old Duping!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You don't need to know God. You need to know God knows you. Metacognition is the process of knowing what you know. Intuitively, we know God knows us. It's a given. When you hear the voice, you know the one calling.

Let's assume God is real for this discussion.

What I don't understand is... when you heard that voice. When you heard that calling. How do you know it's the God of the Christian Bible that you hear? How do you know it's not Shiva or Ganesha or Allah or another? Now if you're thinking 'one true God' then okay. Understood. I am saying let's assume God is real. A one true God. What I am really asking is... when you heard the voice of God, why are you taking that as affirmation of Christianity? Why are you taking that as God dismissing other religions? If you feel or hear or sense the presence of God, that's fantastic. But don't you think it's dangerous and insulting to God to assume he agrees with any particular bible? Why can't it just be you feel the presence and therefore you believe in God? What evidence (only because you used this word already) do you have that God believes in the Bible?

Sorry I just didn't see you give a thorough description of how you went from God and then to religion affirmation.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If I want to know God then that's what I'll do. God want us (some) to know him.
Not everyone will agree and you can't sit there and press this upon everybody

I don't know who speaking to you but it can't be God otherwise, he would told you that your thread is inaccurate.

But if you want to know him, go to church or whatever.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Originally posted by sylent6

But if you want to know him, go to church.....

.....and don't forget to drop your donation into the offering plate, before exiting.
Personal checks and all major credit cards are accepted.
Thank you, and come again.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Pay for the privilege! And get a spiritual return! No deal!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

IF you want to know God... look to his son...

Not the books outside of the gospels...

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
OK ! you introduced me to 1 in 1,000, what about the other 999... or are you an "atheist" toward the other 999!?

Its strange you know the gender of this god... it is a "him".. which is a lot of information..... wonder if the god would be a "she" 2000 yrs ago, if feminists ruled Europe/middle east.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It seems like every time you make a new thread, you regurgitate the same bible verses over and over, only switching their positions.

I know I've seen the whole amnio thing in about 5 of your other threads, plus some of your other points. Please be more original, no offense.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF you want to know God... look to his son...

Not the books outside of the gospels...

Another one claiming to hear the voice of God personally.

So God told you don't read any texts containing the words of Jesus outside the Bible (formed by the Roman Empire). Interesting.

There are gospels outside of the canon gospels...

I don't believe in the divine origin of canon or gnostic or otherwise. I just think ignoring the fact the Biblical canon was selected by a council of men is absurd. If I believed in Jesus's divinity I would certainly look for any and all historical texts.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

If I was dictator of ATS, I'd ban threads that were just huge chunks of bible quotations.

This was the point of the thread. You will miss it if the verses are not understood. What I have posted here is some deep insight you will not get anywhere I have ever seen. The point of using scripture is to show the foundation of the commentary. Within what is said in that scripture, the reason you are noting it this way, rather than another way, is directly explained in the thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I could be wrong but some of that commentary was hard to discern between the scripture. I think maybe some missed it to begin with.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

The best evidence for God is the fact you do not know Him.
Well congratulations. Irrefutable proof such as that, cannot possibly be denied........

Actually, proof is not what is claimed. Axioms are only most evident. The same holds true for anything we think we know from science. Scientific inquiry is constantly being refined by unifying lower axioms with higher. The fact that we are in the dark, finding our way to higher truth, implies that all of what we know is based on higher axioms we do not yet posses. All things flow from a source. Nothing rises above its source.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

For others:

TL;DR: You can't find God per se. Metaphorically, the sheep can not find the shepherd when it strays from the flock. The Good Shepherd finds you. This commonly used metaphor that connected well to the people of the time just shows how deep the love is.

This is why I get a little wary when I hear preachers or pastors saying, "Little lambs won't you come to the shepherd," as demonstrated by Langston Hughes short story, "Salvation."

BTW you do know God.. the mind forgets but the heart remembers.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Another one claiming to hear the voice of God personally

I've never once claimed such things... perhaps you might read what I said again?

So God told you don't read any texts containing the words of Jesus outside the Bible (formed by the Roman Empire). Interesting.

No...

I told me after reading the bible cover to cover several times, and reading every gnostic text known to man numerous times... After studying Hinduism, and Buddhism... I realized one thing...

There was only one man who claimed to be the truth the life and the way... and after studying his words within the bible and places that claim to be his words outside of the bible for many years... I've concluded HE was right.

Really?!?!

I don't believe in the divine origin of canon or gnostic or otherwise. I just think ignoring the fact the Biblical canon was selected by a council of men is absurd. If I believed in Jesus's divinity I would certainly look for any and all historical texts.

Good for you!

You might also learn not to assume...

Because when you do... you make an ASS out of U... Not ME

Cute eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Another one claiming to hear the voice of God personally

I've never once claimed such things... perhaps you might read what I said again?

No...

I told me after reading the bible cover to cover several times, and reading every gnostic text known to man numerous times... After studying Hinduism, and Buddhism... I realized one thing...

There was only one man who claimed to be the truth the life and the way... and after studying his words within the bible and places that claim to be his words outside of the bible for many years... I've concluded HE was right.

Really?!?!

Good for you!

You might also learn not to assume...

Because when you do... you make an ASS out of U... Not ME

Cute eh?

Dude was just saying that if you are really interested, you should read all texts and not confine yourself within only a couple of books just like what religion does... lol..

And btw, Lucid, I've heard His voice audibly in a dream... What's wrong with that?
edit on 29-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join