It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul sucking enlightened Vampires!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't know, have you grown up and taken responsibility for your own problems yet? No? Okay then. Stop blaming it on the first system you happen to come across. For heaven sake dude, pick on Christianity! It's a sitting duck! But you have to pick a fight with the most beneficial of all spiritual systems. I'm thinking your problem has more to do with yourself than anything else. Do a bit of research, you might sound like you know what you're talking about.

i can see you like playing the Mother hen or Big brother. I thank you for your advice but im a grown up and i know what im doing. As i explained in my most recent thread my recent threads have been a purging exercise. I personally have nothing against the new age beliefs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I personally have nothing against the new age beliefs.

That's not what your linked thread says.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Stop blaming it on the first system you happen to come across. For heaven sake dude, pick on Christianity! It's a sitting duck!

But you have to pick a fight with the most beneficial of all spiritual systems.

I don't suppose that you are going to leave us hanging like everyone else?

What exactly is "the most beneficial of all spiritual systems? Did you find a system somewhere? Who's? I am really dying to know, just from the standpoint of being interested in what other people read.

A sitting duck? Really? Well, if that's the case why don't you choose a more challenging target to pick on?

?

X.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

What exactly is "the most beneficial of all spiritual systems? Did you find a system somewhere? Who's? I am really dying to know, just from the standpoint of being interested in what other people read.

To put it simply: self-empowerment and compassion. The belief that you can do it for others. I believe that if everyone took care of everyone else, everyone would be taken care of.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

To put it simply: self-empowerment and compassion. The belief that you can do it for others. I believe that if everyone took care of everyone else, everyone would be taken care of.

Wow man,

I was not expecting that. Thanks for the response, I think that is it too.

This is a little aside, but this author in the 90s Paul Park wrote a series of very cool Science Fiction books and one of them was called The Cult of Loving Kindness.

I always thought that would be a great name for a contemporary service group or community outreach. Or a martial arts club. One or the other.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

True that would be the case. How close is humanity to that point? Has Humanity ever been near that point? It is with humans fundamental nature to be able to live by such way?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Xoanon

How can one love/care for another when one cannot love/care themselves?

Believing in external things such as others or what one can do for others is not a service to others but a service to self. Loving yourself and being what one could describe as being selfish(to an extent) is a service to others if implemented in a linear fashion which seems to be a point that flies right by many people following new age beliefs, you cant serve others truthfully if you cannot serve yourself. All this service to others is crooks/con men looking for a free ride, or just plainly inexperienced in diverse styles of living.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Believing in external things such as others or what one can do for others is not a service to others but a service to self. Loving yourself and being what one could describe as being selfish(to an extent) is a service to others if implemented in a linear fashion which seems to be a point that flies right by many people following new age beliefs, you cant serve others truthfully if you cannot serve yourself. All this service to others is crooks/con men looking for a free ride, or just plainly inexperienced in diverse styles of living.

Service to self is not service to others. They are two very different things - you can learn to balance them, but doing one is not doing the other. If you give out, you will receive. That's the point of it. Don't ask - show that you are willing to contribute to the cycle. Show that there will be an equal and opposite reaction. I give to you, you give to me. That establishes trust, that establishes stability and momentum, and the energy will bring good things. And remember, even bad things are just good things in a dirty wrapper. Life is only as terrible as what you take from it.

But there comes a time when change must be had, and if there is no change, the world will lose momentum and deteriorate until its pieces fall into their own cycles and the motion revives. A toy top will not achieve stability unless it is spinning. Give, and you will receive. Instead of asking turning into desperate pleading, let asking become demanding, and finally, doing. It's called karma, but its not just karma. Its the vibrational undercurrents of the universe. There's a thread that popped up recently about physicists comparing the universe to a giant brain. So what I'm talking about, this karma, this energy, you could describe it as the "mood" of this giant brain. Subconscious shades that we affect with our own vibrational output, our own thoughts and deeds and emotions.

Put out happiness and you will receive happiness.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It all happens in the moment. It does not work as an idea that sounds good. It is hard to fake 'nice' in the moment. Whipping up a good vibration is not as easy as it sounds.

Everyone is looking for that good vibration, the buzz. They use others to get a buzz because they cannot feel the true buzz - aliveness. The human condition is to seek the buzz.

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Put out happiness and you will receive happiness.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Service to self is not service to others. They are two very different things

And that is what is confusing for much of humanity. They are 2 sides of a coin, both being part of the one

These concepts are basically misinterpreted by many like light being good and dark being evil.

If you cant help yourself you cannot help another. What I am saying is that many believe this service to others is the path to enlightenment when in fact only a person that can serve themselves will find enlightenment through service to others.

not to worry

everyone will the find the way when the moment arrives

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join